ADVERTISEMENT

Braves opening Day thread

Got me thinking and a video surfaced on instagram today. (Can't find it now). But basically saying Austin Riley is progressing at a faster rate than Chipper and to expect a big, MVP type year out of him. Hoping Austin turns it on more so than what he's been doing and rakes in about 40-45 HRs this year with about 120-140 RBI

Semi Truck mudflap ideas

So as someone who has a very obvious Georgia Themed truck there are only a few things left to do to it to customize it. One being new mudflaps. I used to have G’s on my old ones that I had made. Unfortunately I cannot do that due to copyright anymore. So that’s what I’m asking for help with. I would like to replace my basic ones with UGA related ones but they need to be copyright and trademarked free stuff. All suggestions are appreciated.

Wish all our Veterans got these: Look at the Crazy List of Things Illegal Immigrants Get for ‘FREE’ in Liberal Massachusetts

Liberal Massachusetts is overrun with illegal border crossers and there’s really no wonder why when you see the laundry list of things that are provided for ‘free’ courtesy of taxpayers in the Bay State.
All of these perks just act as incentives, driving more illegals into the state.
And remember, there are American citizens in Massachusetts who are poor and don’t get nearly as much from the state.
Longtime Boston talk host Howie Carr posted this list on his website:
FREEBIES FOR ILLEGALS: A Comprehensive List
GENERAL WELFARE COSTS FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS:

Free hotel rooms at $150+ a day.
Three meals a day at $64 per person per diem.
Free on-site medical & dental services (including condoms).
Special diet for Ramadan.
Free same-day dry cleaning w/free pick up & delivery.
Free housekeeping twice a week.
Free cell phones, chargers/charging ports.
Free tablets, IPads.
Free clothing, new & used.
Everyone got new free winter coat, gloves and shoes.
Free toiletries (tooth paste, deodorant, special “ethnic” shampoos, skin cream, aspirin, tooth brushes, feminine products).
“FOR THE CHILDREN”:
Free diapers, wipes, diaper pails, cribs, bassinets, playpens, baby bottles, baby formulas, free car seats, free new mother bags, playrooms for young illegals w/free toys & books which must be replaced often because of destruction.
That is only about half of the list, if you can believe it.
And what has this led to? The state is running out of cash for shelters. Off the Press reports:
Massachusetts is spending about $75 million each month on state-run shelters, a massive jump in expenses that comes as Gov. Maura Healey’s administration is expected to run out of cash for emergency services in early to mid-April without another financial infusion.
Beacon Hill lawmakers have spent most of the new year putting together a plan to pay soaring shelter bills just as state revenues have consistently come in below expectations, Washington has offered no help, and demand on services continues to persist at historic levels.
With cash likely running out ahead of an April time window, the Legislature is now locked in negotiations over a new spending plan that could allow Healey to access dollars at a critical moment. Top budget writers say they are confident they can find a compromise before time runs out.
House Ways and Means Chair Aaron Michlewitz said he understands the need to produce a deal on a spending bill “as quickly as possible.”
What happens when the money runs out?

Questions about club seating at Sanford, Magill Lounge, future plans...

It is my understanding that club seating offers very little in the way of amenities. Besides the chairback seats, covered seating and shorter lines for restrooms, is there anything else offered? For example, premium concessions and beverages? And i'm guessing nothing in terms of freebies/buffets/drinks etc.?

Also, do people in the club sections get at all rowdy like the rest of the stadium? Do you get dirty looks if you stand or yell during the game?

I'm considering upgrading to club level seats, but not sure it's worth the investment. For those who sit in the club sections, can you please enlighten me?

Also, does anyone sit in the east club? Any preference for upper east or lower east club?

And how does access to the Magill Lounge work? Are club level ticket holders allowed access, or is this an additional purchase, and how does one gain access?

And last, does anyone know if there are any plans to upgrade the club level experience in Sanford in the future, with more/better amenities etc.?

The Daily Dawg Caller Larry Munson calling the Atlanta Braves' Opening Day

Login to view embedded media

Pretty cool that Larry Munson was on the call for the first Atlanta Braves' game, a 3-2 loss at home to Pittsburgh in 13 innings on April 12, 1966. Munson was on the Braves' broadcast team for two seasons (1966-1967) before his salary no longer fitting in the budget, or Milo Hamilton's ego—depending on who you talk to—got in the way.

50,671 were in attendance for the first Atlanta Braves' game—and the Braves' Tony Cloninger, who'd start 38 games that season, pitched all 13 innings:

braves1.png
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT