ADVERTISEMENT

Kirby interview with Chris Low

Of note on the OL/DL:

ESPN: What's one of the things that has gotten your attention about this team through the first part of spring practice?

Smart: Either we're maybe a little weaker on the defensive line or we're really good on the offensive line. The glaring thing I've seen at practices is that the offensive line has done a really good job. That's not to say we were subpar on the defensive line last year. We just weren't great. We didn't have a dominant guy, but we're always going to be good on defense. I don't know that we're going to be great this year, but I think we have a chance to be great on offense.

You may not know him, but Portal entrant Jason Edwards of North Texas is a high scorer and from Atlanta

Crit brought him to our attention in another thread…

Login to view embedded media

• Position: Guard
  • Height: 6-0
  • Weight: 170
  • Class: Sophomore
  • Hometown: Atlanta, GA
  • High School Parkview HS
Last Updated on March 26, 2024

Single Game Highs
Points – 37, vs. Tulane, 1/6/24
Rebounds – 5, three times
Assists – 4, at UAB, 2/18/24
Steals – 3, twice
Blocks – 1, four times
FG Made – 11, three times
FG Attempts – 24, vs. UAB, 1/31/24
3 FG Made – 8, vs. Tulane, 1/6/24
3 FG Attempts – 11, vs. East Carolina, 3/3/24
FT Made – 10, vs. South Florida, 2/3/24
FT Attempts – 12, vs. South Florida, 2/3/24

Top Career Scoring Games
1. 37, vs. Tulane, 1/6/24
2. 32, vs. Florida Atlantic, 3/6/24
3. 31, vs. South Florida, 2/3/24
3. 31, vs. UAB, 1/31/24
5. 30, vs. Memphis, 2/15/24
6. 29, at UAB, 2/18/24
7. 26, vs. Florida Atlantic, 3/15/24
7. 26, vs. UT Arlington, 12/23/23
9. 23, at Seton Hall, 3/23/24
10. 22, vs. SMU, 1/25/24
10. 22, vs. LSU, 11/17/23

Honors
- 2024 American Athletic Conference All-Conference First Team
- 2024 NABC All-District First Team
- 2024 CoSIDA Academic All-District
- 2023-24 American Athletic Conference Player of the Week (Jan. 8)
- 2023-24 American Athletic Conference Weekly Honor Roll (Dec, 28, Jan. 29, Feb. 5, Feb. 19)

2023-24
“Voted American Athletic Conference First Team All-Conference...Voted NABC First Team All-District...Played in all 34 games and started 22 games...Scored 650 points (19.1 ppg), the fifth-most total points in a single-season in program history... Scored 390 points against conference opponents, which was the second-most in program history and just one point away from the leader...Made a team-leading 84 3-pointers, the sixth-most in a single-season in program history...Made 214 field goals, which was the 10th-most in a single season in program history...Had five 30-point games during the season, which tied the program record for a single season...Scored in double figures in each of the last 27 straight games of the year...Had 14 20-point games...Scored a season-high 37 points versus Tulane on Jan. 6...Twice started games making at least seven 3-pointers in a row...Was 8-10 from deep versus Tulane on Jan. 6...Was 7-9 from deep versus Memphis on Feb. 15...Shot a team-leading .807 at the free throw line...Had back-to-back 30-point games on Jan. 31 versus UAB and then on Feb. 3 versus South Florida...His 650 total points scored was the 13th most in a single season in American Athletic Conference history...Averaged 2.57 3FGs per game, which was the third-best average in the AAC...Had a season-high six rebounds three times...Had a season-high four assists at UAB on Feb. 18...Had a season-high three steals twice...Made a season-high 11 field goals three times...Made a season-high 10 free throws versus South Florida on Feb. 3...Named American Athletic Conference Player of the Week on Jan. 8...Named to the American Athletic Conference Weekly Honor Roll four times (Dec. 26, Jan. 29, Feb. 5, Feb. 19)...Earned 2024 CoSIDA Academic All-District for having a 3.911 GPA.

2022-23 (Dodge City CC)
Played in 35 games and made 27 starts...2023 NJCAA First Team All-American...2023 KJCCC Player of the Year...2023 NJCAA DI National Tournament All-Tournament team...One of just eight freshmen to be named NJCAA All-Americans and one of just two to be named first team all-American...Was the nation's second-leading scorer with 765 total points scored...His 96 made 3-pointers were the ninth-most in the nation...Led Dodge City CC to a 25-10 overall record, a Kansas Jayhawk Community College Conference league title and guided his team to the quarterfinals of the 2023 NJCAA DI National Tournament...Averaged 21.9 points per game...Made 41 percent of his 236 3-point attempts...Shot nearly 80 percent at the free throw line...Shot over 53 percent from two-point range...Scored 20+ points 23 times and scored 30+ points four times...Scored a season-high 38 points on just 23 shots and had eight assists on the road at conference rival Hutchinson in a 104-88 win...He scored 37 versus league rival Coffeyville in a 111-100 win and had a 31-point performance to lead Dodge City to the upset win over Moberly Area in the Sweet 16 of the National Tournament...In total, the Conqs were 19-4 in games where Edwards scored 20 or more points and just 6-6 in games where he didn't reach the 20-point mark...They were undefeated when he scored 30 or more...In Dodge City's three national tournament games, Edwards averaged 25.3 points per game and shot 50.8 percent from the field...He averaged four made 3-pointers per National Tournament game and shot 54.5 percent from deep in the tournament...He was the only freshman named to the all-tournament team...JucoRecruiting.com listed Edwards in its Fab 50 Freshmen ranking and in its top 100 overall ranking at 15...The ninth NJCAA All-American to join the Mean Green since 2017 but he is the first who had been named to a first-team honor”

Loved that ass beatin

Great way to start a series against the hillbillies but I have to say I am not a fan at all of the all turf infields. Guess I'm just old school and love to play in the dirt. How many schools have gone to this? Haven't been able to watch a lot of games the last couple years due to inability to stream but now have that capability and I noticed it at Kentucky and now the hillbillies field. Oh well I guess times are a changin

NonDawg The thing about this Purdue team

Watching this Purdue team. Sure they are good at basketball but I really feel like they execute the fundamentals well. They strike me as the type that gets to gym early and turns the lights out as they leave. I heard all 11 of them are coaches sons.

Edit: And now we get Creighton. 👆even more so than Purdue. A bunch of guys with lunch pale mentalities who play the game the right way. Great route runners.

Tell me about your Easter Sunday meal?

Are you eating in or going out? What are you making or ordering?

We do the Breakers every year with the whole family and I have to say they leave no stone unturned when it comes to food.

I’ll be having all the Lobster , King Crab and Stone Crab I can stomach.

Kids will destroy some French Toast , Eggs and Bacon.

Mimosas and Bloodies of course ( My Bloodies are Virgins )
Reactions: seatonsdawgs

Good Morning DAWG Nation

Good Morning DAWG Family and Faithful.

I am opening this morning…thanks April. It’s both Good Friday and

National Vietnam War Veteran’s Day

EZQ56Ul.png

On March 28, 2017, President Trump signed the Vietnam War Veterans Recognition Act of 2017. This act officially recognizes March 29 as National Vietnam War Veterans Day. March 29 was chosen because on March 29, 1973, Military Assistance Command, Vietnam (MACV) was disbanded and the last U.S. combat troops departed the Republic of Vietnam. A belated recognition and thank you for all Vietnam Veterans who returned home with no fanfare or appreciation for their service and sacrifice.
So today, we honor all those who answered the call and served in Vietnam.

cYdcBqI.png
atnKKp3.png

Some facts of the Vietnam War
  • 2,710,000 served in uniform in Vietnam during the War
  • 90% are proud they served
  • 75% would serve again knowing the outcome
  • Over 58,000 died
  • Over 1500 remain MIA
  • Over 250 have been awarded the Medal of Honor
This day is especially meaningful for me personally. It was also THE DAY THAT I DEPARTED VIETNAM. On 27 January 1973, Henry Kissinger signed the Paris Peace Accords that ended the war and established a cease-fire effective 29 January. Over the next 60 days, the remaining American combat forces would be withdrawn as American POWs were released. I was a 1st Lieutenant attack helicopter pilot (AH1 Cobra) in an Air Cavalry Troop, I had flown combat missions for most of 1972. Because I was an experienced pilot, I was detached from my unit on the 29th of January, given an UH-1 Huey and crew, and told to fly to Saigon. There, I would spend the next 60 days supporting the International Commission (Canada, Indonesia, Poland and Hungary) supervising the Cease Fire and POW releases. It was somewhat surreal flying into occupied North Vietnamese territory, landing and looking into the eyes of the enemy that I had been exchanging gun fire with several weeks before. Thankfully, they did not know I was also a Cobra Pilot before the cease fire.

Over the years, I have often been asked about my Vietnam service. This was my generations "Call to Arms" and I felt a strong sense to “Do My Part”. Make no mistake, the Vietnam War was a National Tragedy. But for me, it was a positive, character molding experience. A humble boy from Georgia, I had only been to Washington D.C. in the 7th Grade and vacationed at Panama City Beach many times before. I celebrated my 24th birthday, on the other side of the world, flying a Cobra Helicopter Gunship in a war zone. I experienced both life and death having watched 5 of my comrades crash and burn resulting from hostile fire. But, for the first time, I experienced something greater than myself and a bond of comradeship that continues to this day. I found my calling and embarked on a 30-year career in the Brotherhood of Arms and service to the Nation.

So, on this day, I ask you to thank all the Vietnam Vets for their service. But most of all never forget, FREEDOM isn’t FREE and America remains the Land of the FREE because it’s the home of the BRAVE.
tcxySJH.png

Have a blessed GOOD FRIDAY Everyone.

Jesus Christ GIF

p9tvLwR.jpg

Rogue Shops newest product launch (THCA) 20 percent off inside!!!

Hey guys its been a while since I posted a deal for y'all. We have been working on growing a strain for a rapper named Dorrough, he has a pretty popular song called Ice Cream Paint Job. So what with did with Dorrough is get him to make a (WeedMix) of the song Ice Cream Paint Job. That is now complete and so is the video which me and Mrs Rogue will be in 😂. The song, video, new strain (Ice Cream Paint Job 2) will all drop March 22nd so we are supper excited for everyone to check it out and support Rogue Shop and Dorrough in this process. With all of that being said, here is the deal which runs March 17th Through March 24th, you will get 20 percent off all three of our THCA products listed below. If you are not interested in the THCA, then remember the code for 10 percent off bulldogs10 is always available to use.

For those who don't know THCA is the real deal like Evander Holyfield, its primary cannabinoid is THCA which turns to Delta 9 THC when lit, this it is no different than Marijuana other than the fact that it is legal as long as its below .30 percent total THC Delta 9 which ours is. So if you are a smoker, check out our Indoor THCA Flower, our smalls and our carts. We will also be having the Ice Cream Paint Job Strain dropping on the 22nd and let me tell you, it some of the most exotic flower Ive ever seen, creme de la creme. We will also start selling Green House Light Deps soon so keep an eye out for that next week as well. Thanks for all of y'alls support, we love and appreciate UGASports.Com

Discount code is UGATHCA20 Good Through March 24th

Indoor THCA Hydroponic Flower (Smalls)

Indoor THCA Hydroponic Flower (Bigs)

THCA Carts (Don't Forget you need a battery when purchasing carts)

NonDawg Side Income For Educators/Coaches? (Not restricted to only Educators/Coaches)

I teach & coach full time. From the end of July to early March I am working until 7pm at night through the week & work Saturday (Football) & Sunday (Basketball) during the season. Regardless if I'm at my same job next year, I will not be coaching basketball. I'll have more time on my hands. I have a passion for what I do. I didn't do it for a high salary, but it is dumb to say that more money would hurt. What side jobs do y'all do to help bring in a little more money & how did you get into it?
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT