ADVERTISEMENT

Games you did not go and regret.....

Just curious what the crowd says..... Mine is the Rose bowl!! Had a chance to go but justified not going bc I knew I would go the championship game if we made it. I went and we all know how that turned out. I was able to go to indy and LA thank god. Man the rose game I regret not going all the time and always will. Go Dawgs!

Who had Trey King starting on their lineup card?....

I didn't.

Honestly, I didn't like the decision. It paid off as Trey played well. What I have learned about CWJ is analytics are truly the #1 factor in decision making. It helps to know the mindset of the coach. It's not going to be conventional. It will succeed and it will fail. The hope is the former happens more and I suppose the spreadsheets point that out.

To think we had Logan Jordan, Paul Toetz, Trey Phelps, and John Marant et al sitting on the bench of a 16-2 win in Knoxville. Yikes.
Reactions: kensingtondawg1

Tyrin Lawrence, how much would he add, did his performance last season affect your opinion?

I admit I am less enthused than I was last year at this time, maybe it was last year’s portal process, maybe it was what I saw last year.

You definitely lose 3P shooting with him meaning we would need to add more shooters $$$, he and say Demary Jr. on the floor at the same time wouldn’t give us that.

But finishing at the rim a major weakness for us, he’d give us that.

On D wasn’t overwhelmed by him last year, he did play on a bad team, not a lot of help, not a lot of experience around him.

Anyway what are your thoughts?

PRO

Experienced

Physical

Can attack the rim

CON

3P shooting

Defense last season

Others:

The Athletic

50 Tyrin Lawrence

Stats

Grade

High Major

Year

Graduate

Years Remaining

Position

Guard

Ht: 6-4 Wt: 200

“Anyone in need of a scoring guard that’s been through the rigors of the SEC? What’s that? Everyone could use that? That’s good news for Lawrence, who averaged 13.8 points this season in his second year as a full-time starter at Vanderbilt.

The lefty guard loves to drive to the rim, where his strong 200-pound frame allows him to score through contact. His mechanics loading into his shot are slow, but he did at least attempt about four 3s per game. He has good length and the frame to impact games on defense, but was less consistent than you’d expect on that end. Sometimes he really brings it. Other times, his energy was a bit lacking.

He’s an ideal third guard for a high-major NCAA Tournament team. He’s older, has more of a track record and possessed a flair for the dramatic at Vandy with a couple of game-winners.” — Sam Vecenie

Cobb CBS Sports

13. Tyrin Lawrence

Old school: Vanderbilt

“Lawrence is a 6-foot-4 guard with 105 career appearances for an SEC program under his belt. Though just a career 28.7% 3-point shooter, he's a good defender and averaged better than 13 points per game the past two seasons. He is the type of seasoned veteran with a track record of production who could provide reliable minutes for a good high-major program.”

Evan player ranking:

Tyrin Lawrence

Vs P5 stats last year

PTS FG 3P FT REB A TO

NC ST 21 5-11 1-2 10-14 7 2 5

ASU 15 5-15 2-8 3-5 6 5 2

BC 6 2-4 1-2 1-2 3 0 1

TX TE 8 3-12 1-6 1-3 3 2 1

MEM 12 3-8 1-1 5-5 6 4 3

ALA 20 7-19 2-6 4-6 5 1 2

LSU 11 4-10 1-4 2-3 6 1 2

MIS 14 5-12 0-3 4-7 6 0 3

AUB 15 3-12 2-6 7-8 6 0 3

MiST 16 6-12 0-1 4-5 4 1 2

TEN 21 8-13 2-6 3-5 8 3 2

AUB 12 2-11 0-3 8-11 6 0 3

MO 14 6-12 0-4 2-3 8 1 0

UK 10 2-6 1-4 5-6 2 2 4

SC 15 6-17 2-7 1-2 4 1 0

A&M 8 2-7 1-3 3-4 4 1 2

TEN 8 3-9 1-6 1-2 3 1 1

UGA 12 5-10 1-3 1-1 6 1 3

FL 7 2-5 0-1 3-4 1 0 1

Nice finish

AR 21 5-12 1-2 10-14 5 0 2

LSU 21 7-15 2-6 5-10 4 0 1

UK 23 9-24 1-3 4-5 9 2 1

FL 14 5-18 1-3 3-3 7 2 3
Reactions: 504noladawg

Which ATL Braves play-by-play and color commentator…..

is your favorite all time? Mine is Milo Hamilton (play-by-play) and Ernie Johnson, Sr. (Color commentator). For those of you too young to be acquainted with Milo Hamilton, he had a very smooth voice, great knowledge of baseball in general, and a wide knowledge of other teams and players in MLB. A lot of people turned against him when he made a comment favoring Roberto Clemente in RF over Hank Aaron. Aaron spoke out publicly, criticizing Hamilton. Not long after this incident, Hamilton was fired by the Braves, or else he left of his own accord; I don’t remember which.

EJSrwas by far the best color man, IMHO. Knowledgeable and likeable off the charts.

Who are your favorites?
Reactions: bdawg4

USC

I would like the sudden charge in their recruiting to something similar of the surge Florida had last year. Let these boys have their LA life on right now but when shit actually matters Kirby and Georgia will get who they want. I’m going to be honest, I don’t even see the Terry Commitment lasting until August and then he flips back. Also yesterday I had the thoughts of Zollers being the QB in 25, but I’m going to get burned at the stake for this but what Georgia is trying to do for JuJu right now I like where we sit. This is a legitimate personal recruitment for Kirby Smart and company. As much as some of y’all might not like the “diva” QB, these MF’rs love him.

On the internets a writer covering the Maryland Terps, has put in a prediction for Rooths to UGA

Don’t ask me to tell you where, but I’m not the only venter that caught it.

Rooths is originally from Maryland and at one time considered them.

Not related, but recently from a former coach of his:

“Really interested to see where Khani Rooths gonna end up since he decommitted from Michigan. Every college in America can use a 6’9 skilled athletic wing.

One of best players I coached. Rooting for him either way.”

Login to view embedded media

Run Ruled Tears......

Anticipation Vol: I'm really excited about this series....

English as a second language teaching Vol: Say it with me: “Three Up, Three down!” 🍊

Vols gonna Vol:

This ump is a problem

Couldn’t have picked a worse team to face with an ump forcing pitches down the middle 🤦

Damn, that bs no strike call started this mess

Shock and Vawl: Holy 💩🤢🤮 damn got some work to do

TCU Horned Vols: This is a bloodbath

Off the Wagon Vol: Turning it off and going to the bar. Go Vols

Better call the law Vol: Causey is getting absolutely raped

Bill Murray Vol: Dang nothing but meatballs since the talk 😔

Black Knight Vol:

Causey just needs to focus and get through the inning, we'll be fine...

1237718c-b433-42b2-97d3-67b8734774c9_text.gif

Max Duggan Vol: We can chip away but they ain’t done yet I’m afraid

Stannis Baratheon Vol: Pretty pathetic how easily some of you guys give up....can't imagine how you are in your everyday lives. This game is far from over. We have the horses to win this one easily.

YF64W2.gif

Disrespectful Vol: But for real, this is not a series we want to drop. Schedule gets much harder down the road.

Understated Vol: Whew, rough inning

Just 3 Vol: Silly, Georgia thinks 6 runs is going to win this 🤪

Volstradamus:

Georgia won’t have another inning like that. Book that sh*t

noted-note.gif

Half full Vol:

Good news: we averaged 12 runs per game in our last sec series (against better pitching).

Deliverance Vol: It’s definitely never over with these guys. We have gotten bent over this inning thus far though.

That's what she said Vol: I’ll take a dong please

That's what she said on Spring Break after her fifth Long Island Ice Tea Vol: Wouldn’t mind a 3 run dong here

Georgia's got wood Vol: Dong. 8-0…..

Politically incorrect Vol: Are we retarded?!? Read the tea leaves in your face Tony. Causey is getting absolutely annihilated. Not getting it by anybody.

Just like football Vol: We finally get a good crowd to support the Vols and we do this.

Red faced Vol: would be bad to get run ruled at home

Uncle Jesse got the bases looking like a Full House Vol: And Stamos walks another. Bases loaded. What a great outing guys.

43c3ccf416525e8f78e86820916b09a5.jpg

Take that Vol: Chipping away. 8-2.

big-brother-alpha.gif

We're practically tied Vol: We now have same number of hits as GA

FDR couldn't save us from this one Vol: What a beatdown. Absolute depression

Rolling Stones Vol:

I don't mind losing this game (yes I do) but I don't want to get run ruled.

tumblr_n0ahosj4wO1r31yxqo1_400.gif

Update Vol: 15-2... Just ridiculous awful

"Forget about it ,Jake. It's baseball" Vol: If it’s anything like baseball tends to go; UGA won’t be able to hit a beach ball with a 2x4 tomorrow.

"If not for the DPs, we win" Vol: Just didn't get the hit when we needed it. Instead we hit into a double play . Everything would have been much different had the double plays had been hits . Pups are hot tonight we'll see how it goes tomorrow.

"And he was about the only guy we could get out" Vol: Condon is good at baseball.

"Thank the Good Lord for the run rule" Vol: Mercifully, that one is over.

NonDawg Best song opening lines

There have been so many good music threads lately.

I have always appreciated a good literary opening line to grab your attention, but the same can be so with a song.

What is the best opening line you have ever heard in a song?

My nominee:

Well Frank settled down in the Valley
And he hung his wild years
On a nail that he drove through
His wife's forehead.

"Frank's Wild Years" - Tom Waits
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT