ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE Justus Terry…

Trent posted earlier this week that Georgia was in contact with Justus Terry on Sunday. And I’ve been told those conversations have continued throughout the week. According to a person with knowledge of the situation, Terry could possibly be back in Athens as soon as this weekend. Waiting to confirm but just passing this along. As we’ve said, it’s still March and there’s a long way to go in the five-star’s recruitment. Hope some of you can wake up to a good Thursday.

Login to view embedded media

Virginia Dems just screwed their state

For those of you out of the loop, the Washington (DC) Wizards and Capitals were looking for a new arena and Governor Youngkin was in talks with Ted Leonsis, the teams' owner, to move to Alexandria. It would've been a MASSIVE economic boom for the state. They even had an agreement in place...pending Senate approval.

Well, in true lib fashion, the Virginia Senate Dems held their nose, stomped their feet, and made sure that deal didn't go through. Now the teams are staying in D.C.

In a statement, the governor expressed disappointment and frustration over the demise of a plan he said would have created $12 billion in economic investment, laying blame with the Democratic-controlled state Legislature.

"This should have been our deal and our opportunity," Youngkin said, adding: "But no, personal and political agendas drove away a deal with no upfront general fund money and no tax increases, that created tens of thousands of new jobs and billions in revenue for Virginia."

3-25, 3-26, 3-27, 3-28 Portal Updates

UGA Contacts/Social Media Follows

Contacts
)
PG Leland Walker Eastern Kentucky JR 6-1 (Contact) (Visiting Indiana, DePaul)
G Jordan Sears UT Martin SR 5-11 185 (Contact)
CG *Kanaan Carlyle Stanford SO 6-3 185 (Contact) (Visited Georgia Tech)
SG *Marcus Foster Furman Grad transfer 6-4 200 (Contact)
SG *Tyrin Lawrence Vanderbilt Grad transfer 6-4 200 (Contact)(Social Media 3 coaches)
SG *Dakota Leffew Mount St. Mary’s Grad transfer 6-5 185 (Contact) (Social Media)
SG De’Shayne Montgomery Mount St. Mary’s SO 6-4 190 (Contact) (Social Media)
SG Greg Gordon Iona Grad transfer 6-5 210 (Contact)
SG Sincere Parker St. Louis SR 6-3 195 (Contact)
PF Mikeal Brown Jones UNCG Grad transfer 6-8 220 (Contact)
PF Sam Alexis UTC JR 6-9 230 (Contact) (Probable UGA visit, along with Providence, South Carolina, Mississippi Florida, Xavier and Arkansas)
C Trey Edmonds UTSA SR 6-10 255 (Contact)
C Brandon Garrison Oklahoma State SO 6-11 245 ( Contact)

Social Media Follows

PG Arturo Dean FIU JR 5-11 163 (Social Media)
PG Koren Johnson Washington JR 6-2 163 (Social Media)
CG Bensley Joseph Miami JR 6-2 196 (Social Media) (Visiting St. John’s)
CG Kobe Johnson USC SR 6-6 200 (Social Media)
SG Jlynn Counter IUPU SR 6-3 185 (Social Media)
SG Chaz Lanier North Florida SR 6-4 199 (Social Media)
SG Jordan Derkack Merrimack JR 6-5 205 (Social Media)
SG Grant Huffman Davidson Grad transfer 6-4 190 (Social Media)
SF Trevor Baskin 6-9 Colorado Mesa (Social Media)
PF Xavier Amos NIU JR 6-8 215 (Social Media)
PF Mawot Mag Rutgers Grad transfer 6-7 216 (Social Media)
PF Jacksen Moni Northern State SR 6-10 224 (Social Media)
PF William Kyle South Dakota State SO 6-9 (Social Media)
PF Justin Abson Appalachian State SO 6-9 230 (Social Media)
C Jeremy Foumena Rhode Island SO 6-11 235 (Social Media)

*From Georgia

Players following UGA coaches on social media

Montgomery, Derkack, Huffman, Moni, Lanier, Leffew

Committed Elsewhere

Missouri SF Jacob Crews UT Martin SR 6-8 210 (Contact)
Maryland PG Gillespie Belmont (Contact)

SEC

Crews SF UT Martin - Missouri
Marshall SF Mississippi- Arkansas State
Reactions: Red Pants

Matt Miller’s 7-Round Mock Draft

Dawgs (I’ll put some past dawgs in parentheses just to piss some of you off)
Round 1
10. B Bowers to NYJ
24. A Mims to DAL
(28. A Mitchell to BUF)
30. L McConkey to BAL
Round 2
37. K Lassiter to LAC
64. J Bullard to KC
Round 3
😈 (90. J Burton to ARI)
Round 4
117. T Smith to IND
Round 5
145. S Van Pran to DEN
Round 7
230. M Rosemy-Jacksaint to MIN
233. K Milton to DAL

Falcons
8. EDGE Dallas Turner (Bama)
43. CB Kool-aid McKinstry (Bama)
74. OT Michael Hall (Ohio State)
79. LB Junior Colson (Michigan)
109. C Tanor Bortolini (Wisconsin)
143. WR Bub Means (Pitt)
187. QB Jordan Travis (FSU)
197. OT Walter Rouse (Oklahoma)

Think I got them all.

ESPN+

Anyone on here ever use the "Gametime" app to secure last minute tickets to the Braves games.?

My office is less than a 10-minute drive to Truist...from my home it's about a half hour...Anyway...I enjoy going to the ballpark. but typically leave the game in the 8th.9th inning. And certainly, don't mind getting to the game after the 1st inning. Am I to understand with this app... I can get field level seats at a discounted rate. Particularly after the game has started.
...sounds like it is up my alley...!

Good Morning Dawg Nation

Rain, rain go away.....
Over 5 inches in 24 hours and I'm ready for some sunshine!!

Happy Birthday to @d1kosturk today!!

It's travel day for Celtic.....Wishing you and the Mrs safe travels and good times ahead. Looking forward to the pics LD will be posting for you.

Sounds like our AD is signing a new and improved contract. It's well deserved in my opinion. I think he's done a great job, is very involved with all sports and much more engaging with the fans. So good job Josh Brooks!!

We are getting closer to G Day and our first look at the 24 Dawgs...really excited to see what's in store for this group!

As always....Prayers for all those in need, spoken and unspoken, and especially for my GMDN friends.

Happy Birthday/Anniversary if you're celebrating today 🎉🎉

Love you guys and gals, MEAN IT.....

Go Dawgs ❤️

April

SEC week 3

Hard to believe we are in week 3 of conference play. I’m ready for some baseball.

Thursday-Saturday

#8 LSU at #1 Arkansas

Auburn at #4 Texas A&M

Missouri at #7 Vanderbilt

#18 South Carolina at #16 Alabama

Friday - Sunday

Georgia at #5 Tennessee

#21 Mississippi St at #6 Florida

#24 Kentucky at Ole Miss

My mom passed away - Thank you

Some of you may know I lost my mom earlier this month. I shared this information with my YouTube community and across my other social media. It seemed the right thing to do because of how dearly she loved the University of Georgia and Dawgs football. Because those interactions can be a little scattershot, I wanted to post here and say THANK YOU to anyone that may have left messages of support on one of the other platforms. I was truly blown away by the support the Georgia community has shown myself and my family during this difficult time. The posts that seemed to make me break down the quickest because they hit me the hardest were those referring to her as a #DGD or painting a picture of her hanging with Munson or some other fantastic Georgia personality we have lost, and on those I was always smiling through the tears. So again, THANK YOU and know that your words of kindness helped to bring my family and I some peace over the past weeks. Just like momma would say ... Go Dawgs!
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT