ADVERTISEMENT

Does anybody get the feeling college football as we know it

We can start with your Blue Lives Matter avatar. This movement only began in response to Black Lives Matter and it's equating a career choice to someone's race...which it's not even close to being on the same level. Additionally, it's not a group of people that has historically been persecuted like black people have. It is literally a movement born out of being a troll.
Swing in a miss again.

"On December 20, 2014, in the wake of the killings of officers Rafael Ramos and Wenjian Liu, a group of law enforcement officers formed Blue Lives Matter to counter media reports that they perceived to be anti-police.[9][10] Blue Lives Matter is made up of active and retired law enforcement officers. The current national spokesman for Blue Lives Matter is retired Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Lieutenant Randy Sutton.[11]

In September 2015, over 100 Los Angeles police officers took part in a Blue Lives Matter rally in Hollywood to "show support for the department at a time when. . .the ambush killings of police officers in cities elsewhere have left authorities across the nation feeling under siege."[12]"

You can disagree with them, but they are not racist.

You don't like their position?? Argue against it. Use your words. Don't just go in the gutter every chance you get when someone disagree with you.

Argue!!! Millennials have such a hard time with this concept.

Even after NASCAR went woke and allowed protesting the national anthem. They still allowed a Blue Lives Matter car to race.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nascar-driver-kyle-weatherman-blue-lives-matter-car-police/

Let's face it - there is only one way to think now. If you don't express the popular opinion, you are shouted down and treated like a pariah. If a coach does not express the correct thinking on a social issue, the players rebel and threaten to refuse to play for him. What happened to the old "agree to disagree" logic.

No we just need to get in the streets and start shouting slogans and looting till we get attention. Then the media will call you violent radicals.

Seriously, we can do the same thing if this is the way they want to play the game.

Also you can choose where you spend your money, what products you buy and shows you watch. Start boycotting products and services and suddenly you will be heard.

Reactions: New Coach HC
I keep hearing all these statements “the players are realizing how powerful they are now“. No they’re not powerful. They have to come to the universities. They have no alternative stage. But here’s where you really have it wrong ///if you think that if all the five star players in the world and hi four stars got together and said they were going to boycott college football then schools were just sign the best three stars. And so forth and so forth and so forth. As it is a player gets to go for a free education free travel free showboating of their skills free exposure to wealthy and successful people a chance to expand their horizons and have the time Of their life doing it. Everything is relative. People are university fans and the quality of play is really all relative anyway. Scholarship football players practice in the best facilitiesGreat medical care academic assistance food and incidentals taken care of. The problem is so many think they’re going to the league and they’re not.
If the players think they’re getting screwed they could always take three years off on their own to work out under league sponsorship or under the sponsorship of investors until they’re ready for the NFL. Or perhaps in the NFL each team could take 12 to 15 recruits each year and put them in a three-year program Where they are in fact semi pro and getting paid. The one in done basketball ****ed up the whole sports mentality
college players are still pretty privileged. I know how hard they work it may be it’s not worth it for everybody. But college football will live on long after the prima donna football players turn their back on it.
They’d be a bunch of damn fools to blow it up, specifically the adults around them with their hands out would be a bunch of damn fools to blow it out

No we just need to get in the streets and start shouting slogans and looting till we get attention. Then the media will call you violent radicals.

Seriously, we can do the same thing if this is the way they want to play the game.

Also you can choose where you spend your money, what products you buy and shows you watch. Start boycotting products and services and suddenly you will be heard.

I would love to boycott companies that are caving into BLM. Problem is that so many companies are afraid to stand up to them, that I'm running out of products to buy. You can add NetFlix and Quaker Oats to the companies that made the decision to support BLM today.

Reactions: ugateke24
College football has always been the minor leagues. The minor leaguers are just going to get compensated more.

Why will you quit caring? The players already are getting the cost of attendance stipend. What has that changed? Nothing.

Minor league baseball isn't a fair comparison, IMO. No one knows the players from the time they are drafted. They also don't have a TV deal for people to watch.

The NBA D-league is comprised of lower talents. The top talent from high school and college go directly into the NBA. And again, the D-league doesn't have a network contract to show them.

The NBA's usage of zone defense THIS year was up 50% back in January.

MLB didn't change much after the '94 strike. Recent years have led to shifts in strategy and philosophies (such as limiting the starters to 5 or so innings) but it's still the same. Some teams spend a lot on payrolls and George Steinbrenner did the same back in the '80s. Dave Winfield made too much money back then and Justin Verlander makes too much today. Still the same 90 feet between bases.

The QBs are getting the most money because it is the most important position in all of sports. The beauty of this is to see other teams adopting an alternative strategy and trying to win with QBs on their rookie contracts to spend elsewhere on the roster. How is this bad?

People will only stop watching because they have an infinite amount of other things to do now as opposed to when you were a kid.

You know what the complaints were in the NFL '60s? The merger.
'70s? Moving of the hash marks.
'80s? Defenders had to get their hands off WRs after 5 yards.
'90s? No huddle takes off.

Remember when Saban complained about spread offenses just a few years ago?

Every one of these moved the sport forward.

Gotta evolve, brother.
I appreciate the time put in the response but college football used to be a lot more competitive than it is now. The lack of team unity and the fact that money is now so dominant has lessened the appeal. If college football turns into minor league football, I likely won’t care as much as I do now. I think a lot of people will be like me.

While I agree it was unwise to wear that shirt, he could have worn a shirt with an American flag on it and gotten pushback.
Yes, even from some of his current players.
That bothers me.
Not familiar w/ oan...why is it unwise to wear that shirt? Is it only because oan is a conservative media outlet? That would be assanine...and if the coach bowed to players demands and apologized for wearing it he is an ass. What am I missing here about oan?

Reactions: ugateke24
is about to be a thing of the past? The Gundy situation really bothers me. This guy wore a t-shirt of a news network that he watches. I don't even know what OAR is. But the fact that a firestorm can now be started by your star player by what NEWS NETWORK you watch is a sure sign of the times. What if Kirby wore a Fox News polo to a charity golf tournament? Are our players going to turn on us now?

I absolutely love college football but if this is the road we are going down I don't know if i'm in anymore. All matter of respect is being eroded. The players should be treated fairly but they should respect the coaches and administration of the university they play for. Throwing your coach under the bus for the news network he listens to is not ok with me. Does OAR broadcast racist stuff or what...I really don't know. If it really offended the player why did he not go into Gundy's office and talk with him like a man? Going to social media should only be a last resort and is not even a good option at that point.

I'm just afraid the sport I grew up with is going the way of the NFL. I gave the NFL up a few years ago and can honestly say I have not watched 10 seconds of NFL football in at least 3 years. Hell the whole world is changing and I admit I have no clue what to make of it. I don't have a racist bone in my body and I think some great conversations are coming out from all of this. But I don't have a lot of tolerance for this new participation trophy generation that are offended with EVERYTHING. I really don't want to lose college football but I'm afraid the end is in sight.

College football died as soon as they started having these all star games and 7 on 7 leagues. No different than when AAU ruined college basketball. It’s all a slime ball business now. Kids getting pimped out to the highest bidder these days, all to fill up stadiums on Saturdays. Nothing but a money making machine now

Not familiar w/ oan...why is it unwise to wear that shirt? Is it only because oan is a conservative media outlet? That would be assanine...and if the coach bowed to players demands and apologized for wearing it he is an ass. What am I missing here about oan?

Some here say OAN makes stuff up. I don’t know about that, but the reaction would have been the same or worse if it had been a Fox News shirt...maybe even a WSJ shirt.

Let's face it - there is only one way to think now. If you don't express the popular opinion, you are shouted down and treated like a pariah. If a coach does not express the correct thinking on a social issue, the players rebel and threaten to refuse to play for him. What happened to the old "agree to disagree" logic.
Never thought I’d say this but I’m to the point of losing wouldn’t bother me as much as long as CFB stays the CFB it’s been all these years! I’m old school and will miss the days of kids playing at the same school their entire CFB career and it’s laughable to hear teenagers demand stuff from grown men and university’s! I’m starting to sour on CFB and that’s something I thought I’d never say

Reactions: BerkeleyLakeDawg
you’re entitled to your opinion but I’m sorry, if you get to go to college for free, eat for free, free housing, clothing, who knows what else and then turn around and complain about a shirt your coach wears, you’re worse than an entitled brat.

many have been appreciative of the OPPORTUNITY than they were afforded and to them I am grateful. I paid for my own college, and everything associated with it so I know it’s value. Most of these guys couldn’t even get in on their academic merits, much less get a scholarship, then turn around show such little gratitude.

honestly, people like you are the problem, acting as if these student athletes are bigger than the institution, has given rise to them thinking that way as well.
Amen! Amen!!

Some here say OAN makes stuff up. I don’t know about that, but the reaction would have been the same or worse if it had been a Fox News shirt...maybe even a WSJ shirt.

CNN makes up stuff everyday. Does that mean i should be upset if my college football coach wears a CNN shirt?? Fox, OAN, WND and Infowars are just lied about by liberals. In reality if CNN is just constanta lies and mischaracterizations. The lack of journalistic integrity by CNN far surpases the sum total of all conservative leaning news organizations.

This is the correct answer. CFB players have discovered slowly that they’re essentially funding entire athletic departments, and they’re going to use their power. That’s not necessarily a bad thing in my opinion, but obviously the thought of changes to the status quo makes some people uncomfortable.
Only because if 5 white boys tweet the rap music that is played during games and what it stands for Offends them would be told to GFT. It’s not the change that bothers me. It’s the absurd double standard. That crap does offend me but nobody gives a crap and you know what, I Act like a grown up and get over it.

Only because if 5 white boys tweet the rap music that is played during games and what it stands for Offends them would be told to GFT. It’s not the change that bothers me. It’s the absurd double standard. That crap does offend me but nobody gives a crap and you know what, I Act like a grown up and get over it.
Okay...that’s not the same thing, but carry on

Reactions: celticdawg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT