ADVERTISEMENT

Herman Cain has died

Drunk driving is against the Law. Being a fat ass isnt.
Thank you for making my point for me. Drunk driving is against the law because of the potential impact on others. That is the exact same reasoning for mask mandates.

Reactions: celticdawg
My relationship with God has absolutely no role in determining whether I am following the latest and best recommendations for avoiding Covid19. I am curious why you ask.
You seemed to know what the best timing for Mr. Cain to be called home was so I was just wondering. Definitely a sad loss from a human selfish perspective (not directed at you, just in general) but God uses different instruments to call people home including sickness and disease. His timing is perfect whether we currently understand or not.

Reactions: willdup
You seemed to know what the best timing for Mr. Cain to be called home was so I was just wondering. Definitely a sad loss from a human selfish perspective (not directed at you, just in general) but God uses different instruments to call people home including sickness and disease. His timing is perfect whether we currently understand or not.
There could be a lot of contention with what you say here. While you’re certainly entitled to your belief, there is also the belief that, while God KNOWS when your time will come, he allows nature to take its course. Your statement above makes it seem as though God bypassed nature and free-will, which he has given to us, and directly makes us die whenever he wants. He certainly CAN do (and has done) that. But to say that this death, or really any other death, is God directly causing them to die and “come home,” is not necessarily correct or a belief shared by all in every situation.

There could be a lot of contention with what you say here. While you’re certainly entitled to your belief, there is also the belief that, while God KNOWS when your time will come, he allows nature to take its course. Your statement above makes it seem as though God bypassed nature and free-will, which he has given to us, and directly makes us die whenever he wants. He certainly CAN do (and has done) that. But to say that this death, or really any other death, is God directly causing them to die and “come home,” is not necessarily correct or a belief shared by all in every situation.
God created nature. God bypasses nature when He sees fit as evidenced by the miracles in the Bible... but you make a good point. He may or may not inflict certain situations on people, but He knows what's happening and what's going to happen. Death is a very uncomfortable subject when it hits close to home, but when you look at the big picture it could absolutely be celebrated by the saved.

Reactions: Bwgiddens
God created nature. God bypasses nature when He sees fit as evidenced by the miracles in the Bible... but you make a good point. He may or may not inflict certain situations on people, but He knows what's happening and what's going to happen. Death is a very uncomfortable subject when it hits close to home, but when you look at the big picture it could absolutely be celebrated by the saved.
Yeah. That’s why I said he certainly can and has done that. I’m not saying that he did or did not cause this to happen to Herman Cain. That is not my place to say either way. I just don’t want people to dismiss it as “God wanted him home,” because that, to me, sends a message that it doesn’t matter what we do...that we will only die if God wants us to. Death is certainly a sensitive subject.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
I know this is super annoying for you, but there is this thing called science that disagrees with your opinion.

noun
  1. the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.
    "the world of science and technology"
Science has determined that certain activities increase your odds of getting Covid19. Examples include large gatherings indoors and maintaining close proximity to others for extended periods of time. If you can't avoid the first two, masks are recommended to help reduce the odds of exposure.

Cain willfully and knowingly ignored these recommendations. Funny thing about science, it doesn't care what you, I, Herman Cain, DJT or anyone else thinks. Science derives findings through observation and experiment. Ignore science at your own risk.
I thought the rally was stupid, ill-thought out, and not wearing masks reckless. But as a matter of science, you don’t actually have a clue when he contracted the virus. The problem with such gatherings is that people come into them with COVID and spread it. Whether he came in with it, got it there, or got it immediately after, is not known. I agree with much of what you said above, but what you’re doing is speculating, it isn’t science.

I thought the rally was stupid, ill-thought out, and not wearing masks reckless. But as a matter of science, you don’t actually have a clue when he contracted the virus. The problem with such gatherings is that people come into them with COVID and spread it. Whether he came in with it, got it there, or got it immediately after, is not known. I agree with much of what you said above, but what you’re doing is speculating, it isn’t science.
I both agree and disagree. You are correct that no one can know for sure when exactly he picked up the virus. What we do know is that he not only choose to ignore the CDC recommendations for avoiding Covid19, he openly advocated for others to do the same (You have to live your life). Science would suggest he greatly increased the odds of getting sick by the choices he made.

Reactions: celticdawg
I both agree and disagree. You are correct that no one can know for sure when exactly he picked up the virus. What we do know is that he not only choose to ignore the CDC recommendations for avoiding Covid19, he openly advocated for others to do the same (You have to live your life). Science would suggest he greatly increased the odds of getting sick by the choices he made.
Of course he did. Whether those choices were the cause of his death or merely correlated with it is speculation, albeit more informed speculation than is often the case. It isn’t, however, a conclusion based on science, which at its heart involves a hypothesis and tests to confirm or refute the same.

Reactions: willdup
Of course he did. Whether those choices were the cause of his death or merely correlated with it is speculation, albeit more informed speculation than is often the case. It isn’t, however, a conclusion based on science, which at its heart involves a hypothesis and tests to confirm or refute the same.
I was responding to a comment that stated "If it's going to get you it's going to get you", which I think we can agree is not an observation based in science and ignores the fact that we do have the ability to increase or decrease our chances of getting sick.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT