ADVERTISEMENT

Hunter Biden testimony

Depositions are part of the legal process. They are not public trials. In the case of depositions, courts typically dictate who can and cannot attend. Legal representatives, experts that are pertinent to the case, etc. may all be allowed to come. Public records are available. But it is NOT a trial. It is a fact finding pre-course to trial. He is not being denied a public trial,

I'm sure that the Hunter defense team wants to make this part of the process as big as possible as part of their strategy to defend him. With the public being involved, there are so many opportunities to sway public opinion and slow down the process. What they are trying to do is probably smart on their part. What the Comer team is trying to do is not turn this part of the process into a cat herding exercise.

I get your support of the Biden side...but to call this out as a "lack of transparency" ploy by the Republicans is just misguided. This is normal procedure in the case of depositions.
I’m supporting the Biden side to the degree that Comer and the republicans have been consistently overstated their case and mischaracterized their evidence against the president for several years now and it’s tiresome.

Based on past actions, there is a high degree of certainty that Hunter testifies and Comer, MTG and the rest of the GOP misrepresents what was said. It won’t matter once the actual transcript is released because the right will have their soundbites for Fox and the rest of the echo chamber that they wanted out of the testimony.

And as I said above, all these references to the sanctity of congressional subpoenas are humorous given five members of the GOP leadership chose to ignore their J6 subpoenas entirely.

Based on past actions, there is a high degree of certainty that Hunter testifies and Comer, MTG and the rest of the GOP misrepresents what was said. It won’t matter once the actual transcript is released because the right will have their soundbites for Fox and the rest of the echo chamber that they wanted out of the testimony.
So, sort of like that misrepresenting soundbite you started this thread with.

Reactions: cherrydawg
So, sort of like that misrepresenting soundbite you started this thread with.
You mean the tweet with the first sentence of:

“House GOP rejects Hunter Biden’s request to only testify publicly.”

How is that misleading?

• Haha
You mean the tweet with the first sentence of:

“House GOP rejects Hunter Biden’s request to only testify publicly.”

How is that misleading?
It is misleading by omission. It is not testimony, it is deposition which will lead to testimony which will be public. But you keep up your defense of the darling child.

Your CNN source cut and pasted Comer’s statement to fit his defense of a Biden and you parroted it.

He was literally in front of the camera explaining today. You go private first. More information is usually gathered. Public testimony means each person gets five minutes. And no follow up after. Pretty simple. Much harder to get clarity from public testimony. It is more for soundbites.

Reactions: Zonadog
If you believe that Comer will actually schedule the public hearing "at a later date", then I have some nice beachfront property to sell you near Waycross.
And another defender and lover of the perverted incestuous drug addict crooked traitor. What took you so long to get here?

And I hope Comer screws that slimy bastard in every way. Why are you so worried about protecting him?

That’s fine, my question is still the same. Given the years of proclamations as to Hunter’s absolute guilt, why wouldn’t republicans jump at the chance to grill him in public?
How many circles do we need to go around that? Comer already said he gets his public hearing. Its not unusual to take a deposition first. Its just part of the process, and no different than what others are being required to do.

He was literally in front of the camera explaining today. You go private first. More information is usually gathered. Public testimony means each person gets five minutes. And no follow up after. Pretty simple. Much harder to get clarity from public testimony. It is more for soundbites.
How many circles do we need to go around that? Comer already said he gets his public hearing. Its not unusual to take a deposition first. Its just part of the process, and no different than what others are being required to do.
Here is Comer himself, claiming that they have such a mountain of evidence that, and I quote, “we can bring these people in for depositions or committee hearings, which ever they chose”. The internet never forgets.

I guess he changed his mind, or perhaps the mountains of evidence aren’t so mountainous after all.

I stand by my characterization of Comer and this committee as a farce.

Last edited:
Here is Comer himself, claiming that they have such a mountain of evidence that, and I quote, “we can bring these people in for depositions or committee hearings, which ever they chose”. The internet never forgets.

I guess he changed his mind, or perhaps the mountains of evidence aren’t so mountainous after all.

I stand by my characterization of Comer and this committee as a farce.

We'll see, won't we. Every single day for a couple of years we heard everyone from NYT to WaPo to MSNBC to Nadler to Swalwell to Schiff exclaimed they had seen the evidence against Trump and the walls were closing in. It turned out to be total BS. At some point, Comer will have to back it up. But make no mistake. Nobody on your side has any credibility left. You should lay low and let it play out.

We'll see, won't we. Every single day for a couple of years we heard everyone from NYT to WaPo to MSNBC to Nadler to Swalwell to Schiff exclaimed they had seen the evidence against Trump and the walls were closing in. It turned out to be total BS. At some point, Comer will have to back it up. But make no mistake. Nobody on your side has any credibility left. You should lay low and let it play out.
You really don’t believe that the walls are closing in on the guy currently dealing with 91 felony counts, which doesn’t even include the case that could potentially result in the dissolution of his business? I suspect were he being honest, DJT would disagree.

“Enhanced monitoring” sounds damn claustrophobic to me.

Reactions: celticdawg
Hunter has agreed to testify, as long as it is in front of the full committee and public and Comer and the republicans won’t accept.

So much for transparency. What a farce.

they will accept it. After he does his deposition like every other persons on the planet is required. Comer said Hunter is not entitled to special treatment like he has received to date.

Reactions: deadduckdawg
I’ve said repeatedly that Hunter is a drug addict who traded on his name for money. I don’t think asking for the proof supporting the accusations that can be loosely named as “The Biden Crime Family” is the same as supporting him. The entire problem is that Comer and the GOP keep over promising and massively underdelivering. That’s not my fault. I’m simply asking for them to deliver what they have been promising for months, if not years.

You’d think getting such a supposedly guilty and certainly personally flawed character testifying under oath in front of the world would be nothing but a win for the GOP, unless they are concerned that they won’t get what they’ve been promising.

The CIA interfering with an election would be highly illegal and prosecutable, yet Durham totally failed in court. See a trend here? Endless accusations of voter fraud, Biden Crime family fraud, illegal US government intervention in an election, yet when it’s time to prove anything in court (or in the case of Biden, with witnesses under oath), it’s a total failure.

After three years, Durham didn’t find any of the massive transgressions that the GOP had promised and when he testified in front of Congress, he acknowledged that he ignored important evidence that was absolutely material to the investigation. Also, when he and Barr went to Italy to investigate claims of interference, they actually found damning evidence against Trump that Barr chose not to pursue.

If what Durham found was so explosive, why do he only have one weak misdemeanor plea deal regarding a bad document submission and two other cases that were dismissed. That’s it.

Durham criticizing Mueller is funny, given the number of indictments and comvictions Mueller got versus Durham. Also, the Senate Intelligence committee confirmed most of Mueller’s findings, plus some more.

That’s fine, my question is still the same. Given the years of proclamations as to Hunter’s absolute guilt, why wouldn’t republicans jump at the chance to grill him in public?
They want to depose him the way it should be done. Hunter wants to turn it into a circus.

And another defender and lover of the perverted incestuous drug addict crooked traitor. What took you so long to get here?

And I hope Comer screws that slimy bastard in every way. Why are you so worried about protecting him?
I think Hunter is a POS and I have said so many times.

These hearings aren't about Hunter, they are about digging up dirt on his father. Since the Pubs have yet to produce any evidence against Joe, they just make shit up. If the testimony is behind closed doors, then it is easy to make shit up about what was said. If the testimony is public, not so easy.

That is why the Pubs are insisting the hearings be private, so they can make shit up about what was said.

Simple as that.

These hearings aren't about Hunter, they are about digging up dirt on his father. Since the Pubs have yet to produce any evidence against Joe, they just make shit up. If the testimony is behind closed doors, then it is easy to make shit up about what was said. If the testimony is public, not so easy.

That is why the Pubs are insisting the hearings be private, so they can make shit up about what was said.

Simple as that.
of course it is about Joe. What is fair is fair. It is the way other hearings like this have gone. During the impeachment etc. I guess you want special treatment. I think he and Joe have been given plenty of that. They let him get away with writing off 200k for hookers. Gun charges. What else do you want?

Last edited:

Simple as that.
When they make the deposition transcript public, you’ll feel dumb for these comments. And why are you so worried about digging up dirt on Joe? If he’s been selling the country out, shouldn’t we want to know it? I thought you only voted for him to keep Trump out. Now you want to defend and protect him. You’ve become an honorary member of the Squad.

They let him get away with writing off 200k for hookers. Gun charges. What else do you want?
Is the "him" you refer to above Hunter or Joe?

Lock Hunter up, I don't care. But the purpose of the hearings is to make Joe look bad, and if you don't have any evidence, then you have to make shit up. As I said in my post above, it is tough to make shit up about what was said when the hearings are public.

• Haha
Is the "him" you refer to above Hunter or Joe?

Lock Hunter up, I don't care. But the purpose of the hearings is to make Joe look bad, and if you don't have any evidence, then you have to make shit up. As I said in my post above, it is tough to make shit up about what was said when the hearings are public.
Very true. But you also have a different line of questioning. Without interruption. With follow-ups allowed. Public hearings are five minutes here and there. With no follow up. I think it is ok to admit they were in business together selling the Biden brand for influence. Bunch of shell companies say they weren’t doing shit on the up and up. I am sure Joe isn’t dumb enough to get caught. But Joe has already been caught lying about meeting or knowing hunter’s business associates. Hunter and James Biden have absolutely been paid a boatload of money too. For jackshit.

It is absolutely to make Joe look bad as well. Same ways some of these trials trump is being hit with are total bs. Just to make him look bad, and a hope to make a name for yourself.

The whole thing is a circus. I just hope a good candidate goes to Trump and offers a pardon for tepid support and dropping out of the race. Both guys are declining. One is literally a foot from the nursing home. Why defend Biden. Jesus Christ.

You really don’t believe that the walls are closing in on the guy currently dealing with 91 felony counts, which doesn’t even include the case that could potentially result in the dissolution of his business? I suspect were he being honest, DJT would disagree.

“Enhanced monitoring” sounds damn claustrophobic to me.

Last edited:
It is absolutely to make Joe look bad as well. Same ways some of these trials trump is being hit with are total bs. Just to make him look bad, and a hope to make a name for yourself.
No American president or former president had ever been indicted in the nation's 234 years of existence, until this year. Total of 91 felony counts, brought by grand juries in Florida, Georgia, DC, and New York.

So which of the Trump trials are total bs? The January 6 insurrection case? The Georgia election interference case? The classified documents case? The hush money case?

• Haha
No American president or former president had ever been indicted in the nation's 234 years of existence, until this year. Total of 91 felony counts, brought by grand juries in Florida, Georgia, DC, and New York.

So which of the Trump trials are total bs? The January 6 insurrection case? The Georgia election interference case? The classified documents case? The hush money case?
The real estate trial. Nothing like that has ever been done in New York. Ever. So for the first time they use this on him. Give me a break. If he weren’t running this trial never happens. People literally ran a campaign on the slogan that they would indict trump. And you think it is on the up and up. The only two serious cases are the doc case. And the Jan 6th case. The rest are bs. I love the sexual assault case. The witness and lady said they remember it happening. But they don’t know when or where. Sounds good. Here is five million dollars.

No one is hurt in this real estate case. They didn’t default. If they inflated the costs of their property that is on the banks to catch. But they were eager to loan the money.

Trump is a dick. He drives me crazy at times. I am on record that I will only vote for him against Biden or a Democrat. Because you guys policy making has gone off a cliff. But yes, it is safe to say some of this shit is a witch hunt. Hey, the gloves are off now. We have become more third world like. The responses only get worse when the shoe is on the other foot. Maybe an adult without tds, or someone who can admit Biden should be in a home will wake up and put someone out front worthy of a vote. You fvckers want Trump running. He is the only way you win. And you are only making him more popular by the day. Which quite frankly is freaking insanity. Since you are all eaten up with tds.

Here in ga, people are dying in a shithole jail (Fulton county)because Fani is using all her resources to get trump. True story. They are years behind now for some just to get a hearing. And while some of these people I have no sympathy for, we still should be considered innocent first. They are being murdered in jail before that even happens. Not prison. Just jail. On her watch. Whatever. Let’s make sure Orangeman goes down so I can be famous.

Last edited:
Comer is not resisting the demand for Hunter to testify in public. Literally said that. " “We expect full cooperation with our subpoena for a deposition but also agree that Hunter Biden should have [an] opportunity to testify in a public setting at a future date.”

Hunter gets his public hearing, but also has to comply with the process. That's fair. Lawyers work out the details.
Give me a break. After the closed door session, they'll just say a public hearing isn't needed. That way they get to shape the narrative, like usual when they have nothing.

Give me a break. After the closed door session, they'll just say a public hearing isn't needed. That way they get to shape the narrative, like usual when they have nothing.
Maybe you missed a few things.

The J6 Select Committee held closed door depositions with witnesses with no defense attorneys present and no cross examination of witnesses. That committee rejected offers from several witnesses to answer questions in a public setting. I must have missed your posts complaining about depositions being taken under those circumstances and the committee's refusal of public hearings.

In the two most recent impeachment investigations Democrats took depositions in private. Jamie Raskin said at the time that a subpoenaed witness would have to sit for a taped deposition behind closed doors, as has been the process for other witnesses, before sitting for a public hearing. I must have missed your posts complaining about depositions being taken then.

In subsequent posts we learned that depositions are a common practice during legal investigations, both civil and criminal. No one should be surprised.

I’m supporting the Biden side to the degree that Comer and the republicans have been consistently overstated their case and mischaracterized their evidence against the president for several years now and it’s tiresome.

And as I said above, all these references to the sanctity of congressional subpoenas are humorous given five members of the GOP leadership chose to ignore their J6 subpoenas entirely.
Was russia gate overstated? LOL you can't help yourself. They had impeachment proceeding 2 times on trump that failed as much as the dims and rino pubs hate the man.... Think maybe they overstated their case in these actions???? LOL you are a speical lib.

As far a misrepresenting what someone says, give us a break,,,,, YOU THE MSM AND EVERYOTHER DIM alive constantly does this.

Zona already took you out behind the woodshed on your hypocrisy about the whole deal so I won't go any further.

If you believe that Comer will actually schedule the public hearing "at a later date", then I have some nice beachfront property to sell you near Waycross.
if you believe Adam shciff and the other dims I got nothing for you. You are beyond help,.,

Yall got him. Got the DOJ all in in anti America activity, political hatchet job with no recourse and you folks that have tds just sit back and enjoy... Lets see what your tune is if he were to get elected and put the shoe on the other foot.

Simple as that.
It really is that simple. Well said.

Maybe you missed a few things.

The J6 Select Committee held closed door depositions with witnesses with no defense attorneys present and no cross examination of witnesses. That committee rejected offers from several witnesses to answer questions in a public setting. I must have missed your posts complaining about depositions being taken under those circumstances and the committee's refusal of public hearings.

In the two most recent impeachment investigations Democrats took depositions in private. Jamie Raskin said at the time that a subpoenaed witness would have to sit for a taped deposition behind closed doors, as has been the process for other witnesses, before sitting for a public hearing. I must have missed your posts complaining about depositions being taken then.

In subsequent posts we learned that depositions are a common practice during legal investigations, both civil and criminal. No one should be surprised.

Except you are ignoring the video I posted above of Comer saying that the evidence is so overwhelming that the targets could choose to appear in a deposition or a committee hearing. Why did he change his mind?

Why not just ask Joe why he lied to the American people during the debate on national television when he said his son never received money from China and Ukraine

I wouldn’t mind hearing the response to see if it is the same today as then

Why not just ask Joe why he lied to the American people during the debate on national television when he said his son never received money from China and Ukraine

I wouldn’t mind hearing the response to see if it is the same today as then
Can’t have a Presidential candidate that shades the truth in their own favor …. right?

• Wow
Except you are ignoring the video I posted above of Comer saying that the evidence is so overwhelming that the targets could choose to appear in a deposition or a committee hearing. Why did he change his mind?
I wasn't responding to your post.

I did go back and look at it, though. I checked, and podcasts are not binding legal commitments. Subpoenas still are, though. Further, depositions are still a standard part of the process. Suggesting otherwise is just partisan malarky.

Hunter will still get what he wants. Unlike J6 witnesses, he will have his attorneys present at a public hearing and Jamie Raskin with Democrats chosen by the Democrat Leadership, not the Speaker of the House, will be there to run interference and defend him.

Last edited:
Hunter has agreed to testify, as long as it is in front of the full committee and public and Comer and the republicans won’t accept.

So much for transparency. What a farce.

It is a boxing match by lawyers hahaha

It’s common place even more so in todays times with social media.

On the surface it looks really good for Hunters team, just like on the surface it looked really good when Adam Schiff was parading around the country with “overwhelming evidence” of Trump/Russian collusion that won him the election…..did we ever actually see any and all
Of that?

It’s games and showmanship….from
Both sides.

Hunters lawyer could very well March his client out on national television in a 3 hour press conference and answer any and all questions if he’s completely innocent of any wrong doing. This investigation has been going on for over a year…..why haven’t they done that? Why wait till it’s actually time to give a deposition

Can’t have a Presidential candidate that shades the truth in their own favor …. right?
typical lib response. If my guy lies its just shading truth and A OK but let the other side shade and yall die of the vapors. LOL so hilarious the hoops you hypocrites will jump through\\\

I know you dislike Turley, as I do Manu Raju, but this is relative to the subject.
https://jonathanturley.org/2023/11/...s-despite-conducting-closed-door-depositions/
I acknowledge the committee’s ability to demand a private deposition and Hunter and his lawyers can make the same determination regarding appearing that a number of recent republicans like Steve Bannon made.

There are a few unique aspects of Hunter’s situation, I think. The committee has been making rather extreme declarations of guilt for months now, the committee has shown a willingness to be deceptive in their characterization of the outcome of prior depositions, and Comer himself has crowed about the mountains of evidence being so extensive that they are willing to have subjects of the investigation testify in deposition or in front of the committee, their choice.

I don’t know if anyone requested a public hearing only in the J6 investigation. If they did I didn’t see it.

Regardless, it will be very interesting to see what Hunter’s next move is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT