ADVERTISEMENT

Said plainly, it is a lie that unvaccinated are causing increased COVID cases right now...

That demo at my hospital: about 95% unvaccinated. This is similar to the rates seen in other hospitals cross the country.
From my ID department:
“Average age is about 10 years younger with less prior co-morbidities as compared to prior surges”
Can’t tell you what that average age is. Guessing in the 50s.
Johns Hopkins is reporting for the week July 12-18 only 70% of ICU beds were filled. And the covid cases only filling 10% of those. Usually hospitals' ICUs are "built" to have 75-85% capacity to not have too many empty "billing units".

Last edited:
Johns Hopkins is reporting for the week July 12-18 only 70% of ICU beds were filled. And the covid cases only filling 10% of those. Usually hospitals are "built" to have 75-85% capacity to not have too many empty "billing units" empty.

Damn those facts just hit people like a big stick. This is not a I heard or they say or somebody i know or heard from someone that knows someone.

Reactions: WyoDawg307
Damn those facts just hit people like a big stick. This is not a I heard or they say or somebody i know or heard from someone that knows someone.
No one every said that every hospital or hospital system had an excess of COVID patients. So you posted a fact which doesn't explain why some areas are having a problem. And that's also a fact. Try opening your eyes and explaining that.

Not in my area in Fl. That my be a problem with a mite need a bed and somebody that needs a bed. A known/unknown situation. In my former life, we cleared the known before we went to the unknown. Plus what were the predictions at the start of this thing, from some of the so called experts? Bed space, ventilators, deaths? Dont know why this is so hard. Its like the flu shot. If you get the vaccine, you mite not get it, to if you do contract the virus it will not be severe. But like anything else, some people will be fully vaccinated and pass away from the virus. Nothing is 100%, especially a vaccine developed in 1 year.
Yeah, I don’t know who makes decisions about hospital resources and/or what their criteria are. All I know is that I’ve got to deal with it. Glad things are ok where you are.

That is my point. I'm saying there should be PSAs running with the true info. Let's say that the numbers are something like 70% unvaccinated in mid 50s or above, 20% between 40 and mid 50s and 10% below 40. Wouldn't it make more sense from a capacity standpoint to craft a message for 40 and older to get vaccinated instead of the absurd notion that we should be masking and vaccinating Jr. High kids?

Imo, by now there should be reams of data that show known risk factors that everyone could use to assess their own risk as well as children in their custody. Imo, the everyone needs vaccinating mantra is counter productive because it gives many that need the jab cause to hesitate when they should be able to look at a simple chart and be able to correlate their risk with or without the vaccine and even if their blood type or previous medical history makes them more susceptible to an adverse reaction from the vaccine.
Yeah, it would be nice to know the exact risk benefit for every individual. Info not available unfortunately. And for the record, I do not feel that Jr high kids have to get Covid shots. Not opposed if they want to

Yeah, it would be nice to know the exact risk benefit for every individual. Info not available unfortunately. And for the record, I do not feel that Jr high kids have to get Covid shots. Not opposed if they want to

Shouldn't the ACA mandate on electronic record keeping and data collection make semi accurate demographic data- at a minimum- accessible?

Reactions: HuntinDawg
Flip out if you want, panic if you choose, but you are not entitled to make up reality to screw with other people's lives.

The United Kingdom has the highest vaccination percentage in the world. Yet their positive case numbers are almost as high as the winter.

Wyoming and South Dakota have some of the lowest vaccination percentages in the country *and* some of the highest Delta variant percentages. Their numbers have not moved at all.

Other examples abound.

This will end when we extricate our heads from our hind parts, look at actual data, and conduct ourselves accordingly.

Unvaccinated are not driving case increases, and it is dangerous to wrongly demonize people this way.
I’m curious to hear if the potential non-fatal but harmful impact of Covid factors in any of the calculus regarding the vaccine. Current estimates regarding the infected suffering from various degrees of long Covid run between 10%-20%. Ongoing studies are suggested that long Covid is very similar to Mast Cell Activation Syndrome and other similar autoimmune diseases. I happen to have a family members who has MCAS and I can speak with first hand knowledge that the impact on quality of life is significant.

The long term impact of suffering from a severe case of Covid may be measured in much more than deaths and hospitalizations.

EDIT:

Last edited:
Shouldn't the ACA mandate on electronic record keeping and data collection make semi accurate demographic data- at a minimum- accessible?
Ha, I’ll do my best to stand trial for the medical community at large. Sure EMRs make data collection easier but it’s going to take some time to sort out the data. I’m no epidemiologist, but that kind of fine assessment of risk takes lots of data points. But I’d be shocked if another risk factor for hospitalized Covid patients comes out of such analysts stronger than non-vaccinated vs vaccinated

Johns Hopkins is reporting for the week July 12-18 only 70% of ICU beds were filled. And the covid cases only filling 10% of those. Usually hospitals are "built" to have 75-85% capacity to not have too many "billing units" empty.

Those are great national numbers. From the same website, go to Louisiana. 4th surge underway. Hope you are not in a hotspot

Johns Hopkins is reporting for the week July 12-18 only 70% of ICU beds were filled. And the covid cases only filling 10% of those. Usually hospitals are "built" to have 75-85% capacity to not have too many "billing units" empty.

Those are great national numbers. From the same website, go to Louisiana. 4th surge underway. Hope you are not in a hotspot
Maybe either one of you can confirm or deny this for me. I am just curious if true. I still have lunch with a covid nurse once every couple of months. I feel like he helped save my life. According to our last lunch, they are trying to use icu beds less. Using vents as a total last resort. Which makes sense that vents are no longer this huge topic. Like they were in the early going. He says during treatment vents do helps some. Others he said become dependent. They get better while on the vent. The patient gets pulled from the vent and reverts right back. Is this actually now true as well?

Reactions: celticdawg
These threads make me sad for the future of America. The Covid vaccine is the best tool we have against this virus and people want to twist facts to make it a problem. Why? Stop fighting a fight that doesn’t need to be fought.

Maybe either one of you can confirm or deny this for me. I am just curious if true. I still have lunch with a covid nurse once every couple of months. I feel like he helped save my life. According to our last lunch, they are trying to use icu beds less. Using vents as a total last resort. Which makes sense that vents are no longer this huge topic. Like they were in the early going. He says during treatment vents do helps some. Others he said become dependent. They get better while on the vent. The patient gets pulled from the vent and reverts right back. Is this actually now true as well?
There is truth to what you are saying. In our early experience (March-May 2020), we would intubate almost everybody. We ran into issues of vent dependence. There was also a ban on tracheostomies (surgically placed hole in your throat). This was because we could not expose so many personnel to Covid with an open breathing system (tracheostomy). On the vent, the breathing circuit was closed. Trachs are traditionally used if you expect more than 2 weeks intubated. Helps to get you off the vent. We had some people on ventilators for 6 +weeks.

By summer 2020, ventilator was used much later in the course. My understanding is that we have maintained this practice. Good of you to keep contact with your Covid nurse. Those people have been through hell.

There is truth to what you are saying. In our early experience (March-May 2020), we would intubate almost everybody. We ran into issues of vent dependence. There was also a ban on tracheostomies (surgically placed hole in your throat). This was because we could not expose so many personnel to Covid with an open breathing system (tracheostomy). On the vent, the breathing circuit was closed. Trachs are traditionally used if you expect more than 2 weeks intubated. Helps to get you off the vent. We had some people on ventilators for 6 +weeks.

By summer 2020, ventilator was used much later in the course. My understanding is that we have maintained this practice. Good of you to keep contact with your Covid nurse. Those people have been through hell.
Without a doubt. I went in dec 30. Came out Jan 13. I never felt worse for those treating people. That had to be three straight months of hell. Just the gear required to take on and off for each patient treated. Has to be exhausting. They opened up an entirely different floor while I was there. I think we are past that. I am in between the feelings people are expressing here. I think it should be a choice. I don’t understand the choice people are making at times. I do agree with the argument that a young person needs to be vaxxed. They shouldn’t be. It is really hard to know who to believe. That isn’t a good place for the public to be either.

Last edited:
These threads make me sad for the future of America. The Covid vaccine is the best tool we have against this virus and people want to twist facts to make it a problem. Why? Stop fighting a fight that doesn’t need to be fought.
This thread is actually great news when combined with recent developments in the MSM. The vast majority of the USA anti-vaccine crowd will get vaccines now that their media gods are telling them to. You’ll have some hold outs that will stick to their essential oils but most will get them now that they are being told to do so by the folks they sit in front of and worship every day.

Case in point is this thread…it was all started by someone comparing Great Britain to the least populated state in the USA and trying to draw conclusions about the vaccines and herd immunity comparing the two. Not a single person decided to ask “why” or “that’s an odd comparison” or “how do these two populations relate”, and most importantly “what’s the rate of testing between the two and If the one with 68M people was testing 7x more often than the one with 600k people then of course the 68M population was going to have more cases”. Nope they just nodded their heads, agreed and said thank you may I have another sir because you spoon fed me something that I liked. These people will believe anything that they are told to believe as long as it goes along with their preconceived beliefs….zero common sense used, no questioning of the data and definitely no critical thinking. Now that the smiling faces that they love on TV are telling them to do it…they will.

However, it is still sad for America because we as a population believe anything we are told and the only thing that matters is who is telling it.

I dont believe it.
The media and dems for some reason are really trying to scare everyone.
Again why are the vaccinated getting tested so often.
It makes no sense
"These vaccines are saving lives. They are reducing mortality," he said. "If you look at the people that are being admitted to hospitals, over 95 percent of them are either not fully vaccinated or not vaccinated at all."-Ron Desantis

You seriously comparing a country that has a population density of 276 per square mile with states with a population density of 11.3 per square mile(South Dakota) and 6 per square mile (Wyoming)? Seriously? Ever heard of context?

Ha, I’ll do my best to stand trial for the medical community at large. Sure EMRs make data collection easier but it’s going to take some time to sort out the data. I’m no epidemiologist, but that kind of fine assessment of risk takes lots of data points. But I’d be shocked if another risk factor for hospitalized Covid patients comes out of such analysts stronger than non-vaccinated vs vaccinated

I didn't and don't mean to insult any medical professional and certainly appreciate your contribution to this thread. What I think is unfortunate is the politicization of everything involving the virus from the day of the first known case hitting our shores. I really don't care who delivers accurate info and it wouldn't matter to me if it was Bernie on MSNBC or Rand Paul on Fox showing actual data and truthfully explaining what it means. I just want to make the best decision for me and advocate for what the data shows is best for those in my sphere of influence and when dissent is censored instead of discredited, it doesn't build confidence that those doing the censoring are correct.

Having said that, this response is bothersome to me. Record keeping and technology is nothing but a necessary evil to me. I don't spend any portion of my day trying to keep up with the latest and greatest capabilities of my tech gadgets. Heck, as long as I can email, text, take photos, browse the web and talk on my cell phone, I'm good. However, even I know how to access an unreal and amazing amount of data with a couple of clicks. I can access virtually all financial data about my company, I see in almost real time any data about delivery vehicles including speed, rpms, idle time, hard breaking events, driver's hour of service and on and on. I can print bulk data reports that consolidate the info on any single vehicle or group of vehicles or the entire fleet and the info will be compiled in around a minute.

Since a middle aged guy can access volumes of info about his business in seconds and can find anything from real time stats from a college football game to stats on crime in my community in minutes, if not seconds, it is baffling to me that we can pull vaccine info stats to feed the public but we can't pull things like age, bmi, medical history events that may contribute to poorer outcomes etc. I can fully accept if I'm wrong and info that could help show people they are truly at risk can't be compiled but it appears to me the only thing being searched is vaccine data if that is all that is being produced.

Last edited:
Reactions: elderdawg
What I think is unfortunate is the politicization of everything involving the virus from the day of the first known case hitting our shores.
Appreciate your response. When we look back on this pandemic, the politicization of it will absolutely be a low moment in our history. The left stoking fears of the virus and the right stoking fears about the vaccine. No matter what anybody fears, believes, expects, predicts - we here in the medical community need to deal with whatever comes through our doors. The politicization of this has produced an incredible amount of misinformation which has not helped. I certainly get the sense I won’t change any minds on this forum, but I cannot abide seeing such misinformation lead to unnecessary suffering. We have a way out of this. It’s the vaccine.

As far as medical informatics is concerned, the data collection & analysis is a detailed process. Needs peer review and validation from multiple centers before solid conclusions can be drawn. Also, to be worth it, many studies require 3-6 month follow up at a minimum to report findings. Delta has been in the US since March or April? And it’s not like Covid studies are being ignored. My IRB (research board) effectively shut down all new clinical trials since last spring that did not involve Covid.

You asked about demographics earlier. yesterday, our ID team came out and said 83% of all active Covid cases (outpatient and inpatient) are delta variant, 93% are unvaccinated. We, fortunately, are not seeing the same need for ICU beds & ventilators compared to last spring. This is speculated to be because the unvaccinated tend to be healthier (younger with less comorbidities). That’s the latest info I can give you

I don’t understand why doctors and nurses I k ow wouldn’t take this vaccine if it truly was.
What I keep hearing is this vaccine has no long term studies and if you’re high risk you might want to take it.

I’m curious to hear if the potential non-fatal but harmful impact of Covid factors in any of the calculus regarding the vaccine. Current estimates regarding the infected suffering from various degrees of long Covid run between 10%-20%. Ongoing studies are suggested that long Covid is very similar to Mast Cell Activation Syndrome and other similar autoimmune diseases. I happen to have a family members who has MCAS and I can speak with first hand knowledge that the impact on quality of life is significant.

The long term impact of suffering from a severe case of Covid may be measured in much more than deaths and hospitalizations.

EDIT:
I guess it depends on what you consider severe. I consider severe anything requiring hospitalization or resulting in death directly related to complication of Covid-19.

Going to the ER and being sent home with instructions doesn't compare to needing monitoring and treatment by medical professionals around the clock.

I have an acquaintance who didn't require hospitalization, but was miserable during her Covid-19 infection last year. She had been seeing a cardiologist through at least early this year for ongoing symptoms mainly expressed through regular fatigue doing activities she had no problem doing before infection.

So is her case severe? Regardless, if vaccinated people can still be infected and experience symptoms, why wouldn't they also be at risk of long-term effects? Has there been a study that shows the vaccine preventing long-term effects of Covid-19?

This has been my problem with the information from officials. The vaccine has been pushed as a silver bullet and they are now having to walk it back because breakthrough cases aren't rare at all. People have dumped the masks and social distancing because they are fully vaccinated. Governments have lifted many restrictions only to threaten bringing them back.

I mean just in the past week I heard a doctor and the POTUS say in two different clips that vaccinated people can't get infected. It's no wonder people don't trust when so much misinformation has come down through official channels from the beginning regardless of politics.

Policies are being made based on studies with results using terms like "may", "could", and "might" too much. That's just not going to fly with some people.

Beyond that, a huge number of people have been fully vaccinated. Shooting for near 100% by constantly saying everyone needs to get the shot is a very unreasonable request for a disease that millions have recovered from.

Seems to me that if they just focused on the most vulnerable instead of creeping toward mandates then the temperature would be more pleasant than now.

This is a crisis of their own doing.

Appreciate your response. When we look back on this pandemic, the politicization of it will absolutely be a low moment in our history. The left stoking fears of the virus and the right stoking fears about the vaccine. No matter what anybody fears, believes, expects, predicts - we here in the medical community need to deal with whatever comes through our doors. The politicization of this has produced an incredible amount of misinformation which has not helped. I certainly get the sense I won’t change any minds on this forum, but I cannot abide seeing such misinformation lead to unnecessary suffering. We have a way out of this. It’s the vaccine.

As far as medical informatics is concerned, the data collection & analysis is a detailed process. Needs peer review and validation from multiple centers before solid conclusions can be drawn. Also, to be worth it, many studies require 3-6 month follow up at a minimum to report findings. Delta has been in the US since March or April? And it’s not like Covid studies are being ignored. My IRB (research board) effectively shut down all new clinical trials since last spring that did not involve Covid.

You asked about demographics earlier. yesterday, our ID team came out and said 83% of all active Covid cases (outpatient and inpatient) are delta variant, 93% are unvaccinated. We, fortunately, are not seeing the same need for ICU beds & ventilators compared to last spring. This is speculated to be because the unvaccinated tend to be healthier (younger with less comorbidities). That’s the latest info I can give you
Here is a good opinion piece on this.

I may have messed this up. But going to sleep...

Last edited:

Agree for most of your points but you left out a few other issues:

The politics (from both sides) in not allowing existing drugs to be prescribed (or even tried) to treat the sick.

Corrupt CDC, WHO, AMA down to state level medical directors and hospitals being told to "not treating patients early or at all and driving up hospital admissions.

Big tech censuring anything contrary to the "narrative".

And this is of course all tied to the requirements of the EUA for the vaccines. All the national politicos in this country have been bought off, as has the media, by $Pharma$.

(Who else advertises on the news?)

Flip out if you want, panic if you choose, but you are not entitled to make up reality to screw with other people's lives.

The United Kingdom has the highest vaccination percentage in the world. Yet their positive case numbers are almost as high as the winter.

Wyoming and South Dakota have some of the lowest vaccination percentages in the country *and* some of the highest Delta variant percentages. Their numbers have not moved at all.

Other examples abound.

This will end when we extricate our heads from our hind parts, look at actual data, and conduct ourselves accordingly.

Unvaccinated are not driving case increases, and it is dangerous to wrongly demonize people this way.
I haven’t researched the UK but picking SD and Wyoming as evidence is laughable. Very isolated states. There are small counties in Ga that never had serious issues becuase low population. Also, curious what vaccine the Brits took, they have used a lot of Astra Zeneca if I’m not mistaken

Reactions: rednblack4life

Other examples abound.

“The number of new infections by date reported has fallen for five days in a row for the first time since February.”

One theory, and it correlates to the drop on infections in the UK, is football season may have accounted for the spike. If true, that’s bad news for us! Also, the UK doesn’t lead the world in vaccines, Spain does. The UK is a few percentage points ahead of the US

Last edited:

Other examples abound.

You forgot the UK main strain now is the Delta variant, they got it from India, this is a massive issue and THE main reason thier cases have gone up.

Reactions: wcbowen
No one every said that every hospital or hospital system had an excess of COVID patients. So you posted a fact which doesn't explain why some areas are having a problem. And that's also a fact. Try opening your eyes and explaining that.
They’re not having problems. They tell you that they’re having problems and you believe that they’re having problems. That’s your opinion, that’s not a fact.

They’re not having problems. They tell you that they’re having problems and you believe that they’re having problems. That’s your opinion, that’s not a fact.
Have you read this thread? It's not my opinion that some hospitals have had problems, it's a fact.

Have you read what @BDawg64 has posted about his experience (not an opinion).

Read my posts in #9 and #29. Those are facts. The two major hospital systems in Orlando have had to institute changes. Those are the increases in patient load, not an opinion. The information about the UF hospital in Jax is actual facts, not opinions.

The response you quoted recognized that not every hospital was having problems, but asked why some areas were having problems. As is typical, there was no response.

Apparently you and NFultonDawg don't know what facts are and how they differ from opinions.

Also, the UK doesn’t lead the world in vaccines, Spain does. The UK is a few percentage points ahead of the US
Not per "Our World in Data":

1. UK - 70/55
2. Spain - 65/54
3. US - 57/50

Breakouts are one dose/two doses.

And once again defying the official government narrative. Spain (just like the UK) has had a big spike in cases the last several weeks almost like their winter spike in spite of their high vaccination rates.

The study last week is pointing a direction that people need to consider - that being vaccinated provides protection from hospitalization but it does not stop transmission at all and may in some cases make you more efficient at transmission.

The study last week is pointing a direction that people need to consider - that being vaccinated provides protection from hospitalization but it does not stop transmission at all and may in some cases make you more efficient at transmission.
This is what emerging data, as much as "they" want to suppress it, is showing. It is the vaccinated that are the main spreaders. "They" have said from the beginning of the vax that it doesn't prevent infection, only severity of infection. So what is becoming evident, is that the vaxed are better able to be asymptomatic at a higher level of infection, as the vax subdues their symptoms. Thus making them asymptomatic spreaders, which is rare among the unvaxed.

Last edited:
Have you read this thread? It's not my opinion that some hospitals have had problems, it's a fact.

Have you read what @BDawg64 has posted about his experience (not an opinion).

Read my posts in #9 and #29. Those are facts. The two major hospital systems in Orlando have had to institute changes. Those are the increases in patient load, not an opinion. The information about the UF hospital in Jax is actual facts, not opinions.

The response you quoted recognized that not every hospital was having problems, but asked why some areas were having problems. As is typical, there was no response.

Apparently you and NFultonDawg don't know what facts are and how they differ from opinions.
Those are hospital issues. Not covid issues. If covid was the problem then all hospitals would be having the same issue. They’re not. If you don’t understand that then I can’t help you.

Also,

“Therefore, I urge you, brother and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God- this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.”

Romans 12: 1-2

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are hospital issues. Not covid issues. If covid was the problem then all hospitals would be having the same issue. They’re not. If you don’t understand that then I can’t help
Because Covid has been shown to spread at the same rate simultaneously across all geographies? The health care workers in NYC who were getting hammered by Covid cases for many weeks before most of the rest of the country had any issues will be interested to hear this update.

Impressive that you share such an ignorant statement with a large side of snark. The worst part is I don’t doubt you represent a depressingly large percentage of our country right now. Ignorance and arrogance make a heck of a team when paired together.

Last edited:
This is what emerging data, as much as "they" want to suppress it, is showing. It is the vaccinated that are the main spreaders. "They" have said from the beginning of the vax, that it doesn't prevent infection, only severity of infection. So what is becoming evident, is that the vaxed are better able to be asymptomatic at a higher level of infection, as the vax subdues their symptoms. Thus making them asymptomatic spreaders, which is rare among the unvaxed.

It almost seems like the information spreaders are determined to conflate in order to confuse. It would appear to me that asymptomatic spread would actually be a good thing and hosp admission stats that illustrated who was at higher risk for catastrophic outcomes could be available within a week or so.

If the virus was hitting children hard, I would want to know. If it barely affects children and rarely causes hospitalizations in those under 40, that should be common knowledge. What hurts more than anything is government PSAs featuring marching bands of Covid virus being killed off by the vaccine and then stop the spread messages when the vaccine really isn't designed to stop the disease from spreading. Then, after half the population has been vaccinated, hunting asymptomatic to mild cases to create more panic. Today, the only stats that should be focused on are hospitalizations and deaths.

Because Covid has been shown to spread at the same rate simultaneously across all geographies? The health care workers in NYC who were getting hammered by Covid cases for many weeks before most of the rest of the country had any issues will be interested to hear this update.

Impressive that you share such an ignorant statement with a large side of snark. The worst part is I don’t doubt you represent a depressingly large percentage of our country right now. Ignorance and arrogance make a heck of a team when paired together.
You’re correct, I haven’t been vaccinated.

Not per "Our World in Data":

1. UK - 70/55
2. Spain - 65/54
3. US - 57/50

Breakouts are one dose/two doses.

And once again defying the official government narrative. Spain (just like the UK) has had a big spike in cases the last several weeks almost like their winter spike in spite of their high vaccination rates.

Reactions: Dawg 'n IT
Reactions: celticdawg
I have no idea why vaccinated people are getting tested but I do believe a majority of hospitalizations are from unvaccinated. Is it 95%, no clue but I bet it is well over 70%

Why do you think the doctor above is lying? Everyone must be on it.
buddy sorry i just dont believe it
the narrative that half the country is not vaccinated yet are causing the problems is a joke.]
why is it starting all over again?
its the media thats why.
they cover covid non-stop but wont talk about the up rise in murders in dem run cities
they have people scared to death

Hahahahaha! I’ll alert my medical team that I heard info on a public sports message board that they had no idea what they were doing. Really appreciate the tip
So do you think it is just the un-vaxed that are spreading infections? Even though from the very start of the jabs, the "experts" said "the vaccinations" don't prevent infections, just the severity of the infections? If you agree that the vaxed can carry an infection and spread it, then you have to admit the Gov, "experts", and msm "info" on the spread is big time misinformation.

Reactions: WyoDawg307
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT