ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee GOP

By "armed" do you mean flag poles? I may be wrong, but Ive yet to see a report where guns (which i assume you are referring to as arms) were found on a person
"Shortly after that breach, demonstrators scuffled with state troopers and Salem police. One man is accused of spraying officers with bear mace, allowing the crowd to make their way further into the building. Several people were arrested before the Capitol was cleared, and members of the crowd went on to shatter glass doors and assault journalists outside the building. Nearman, meanwhile, promptly walked around the building and entered on the opposite side."

The difference is the 3 in Tennessee were merely being unruly and not following decorum; while the representative in Oregon put everyone in that state house life in danger with his reckless actions

Reactions: willdup
So why didn't Johnson?

"Shortly after that breach, demonstrators scuffled with state troopers and Salem police. One man is accused of spraying officers with bear mace, allowing the crowd to make their way further into the building. Several people were arrested before the Capitol was cleared, and members of the crowd went on to shatter glass doors and assault journalists outside the building. Nearman, meanwhile, promptly walked around the building and entered on the opposite side."

The difference is the 3 in Tennessee were merely being unruly and not following decorum; while the representative in Oregon put everyone in that state house life in danger with his reckless actions
I see accusations and alledged?
Also, FYI, when you quote something, you might want to list your source

Hey Sho, do you want to bet or not, you still have not answered the question..and if you do how much do you wnat to bet?

• Haha
Reactions: shonuff253
And why not hold Johnson accountable for participating?
You figure it out

This is what the Constitution of the State of Tennessee says

"Members shall not enter any meeting of the House, its committees, or its subcommittees, Joint Conventions, or Joint Committees, WITH PROPS OR PERSONAL DISPLAYS OF ANY KIND that may be used as a visual aid for the advocacy of, or inoppostion to, any legisaltion or politcal messages whatsover. Each house may determine the rules of its proceedings, punish its members for disorderly behavior and, with the concurrence of a two-thirds vote, expel a member'

I know you Dems are getting used to this two tiered politicized justice system, and used to not being subject to, or having to pay a price for breaking the law, but your boys just broke the law in a state that actually enoforces it!

You figure it out

"Members shall not enter any meeting of the House, its committees, or its subcommittees, Joint Conventions, or Joint Committees, WITH PROPS OR PERSONAL DISPLAYS OF ANY KIND that may be used as a visual aid for the advocacy of, or inoppostion to, any legisaltion or politcal messages whatsover. Each house may determine the rules of its proceedings, punish its members for disorderly behavior and, with the concurrence of a two-thirds vote, expel a member'

I know you Dems are getting used to this two tiered politicized justice system, and used to not being subject to, or having to pay a price for breaking the law, but your boys just broke the law in a state that actually enoforces it!
Seems pretty clear.

You figure it out

So white Democrats get off the hook with a tearful apology?

Did you pay attention to the vote? The majority of Republicans voted to expell Johnson too. I'm curious why a few spared her.

I think they did it on purpose to feed the Democratic racist narrative. All they had to do is expell all 3...simple.

Did you pay attention to the vote? The majority of Republicans voted to expell Johnson too. I'm curious why a few spared her.

I think they did it on purpose to feed the Democratic racist narrative. All they had to do is expell all 3...simple.
The Dem party was basically dead in TN, I knew that, but I didn't know they they generally have the lowest voter turnout in the country as well. Just a really soft-headed move.

Censure them. Remove their committee assignments, presuming they had them. Take away their assigned parking spots. Anything but what they did.

The Dem party was basically dead in TN, I knew that, but I didn't know they they generally have the lowest voter turnout in the country as well. Just a really soft-headed move.

Censure them. Remove their committee assignments, presuming they had them. Take away their assigned parking spots. Anything but what they did.
Just handed the Democrats a new narrative on a platter. It could very well turn out to be nothing by November 2024, but why give them anything?

None of these people are going to be removed from office over this. Just proving why the Democrats keep winning a lot more than they should and yet folks want to blame Trump for that too.

The GOP has been garbage for a long time. Just because the Democratic party is garbage too doesn't give the GOP a pass.

Like I said before, the expulsions aren't a battle I would have chosen, but once the TN GOP committed to that direction they should have unanimously voted to expell all 3 to show some unity and send a message of holding Democrats accountable. If Johnson wasn't in violation then why was she put up for a vote over such a silly event in the first place? It's not like this was a mystery that needed serious investigation.

Hey Sho, do you want to bet or not, you still have not answered the question..and if you do how much do you wnat to bet?
You d...... what do you think the quotes and link n my post are for?

You figure it out

That is the thing. It was a completely justified response to a group of rouge law makers that decided to interfere with the business of the state house. However, it was also a horrible move politically because NO news agency, not even Fox would focus their reporting on the unacceptable behavior but focus instead on the reaction. It's just where we are today. Only one side is expected to follow the rules and they will get bombarded from all sides if they fail to follow the rules or to enforce the rules in the opposite direction.

Reactions: Dawg 'n IT
That is the thing. It was a completely justified response to a group of rouge law makers that decided to interfere with the business of the state house. However, it was also a horrible move politically because NO news agency, not even Fox would focus their reporting on the unacceptable behavior but focus instead on the reaction. It's just where we are today. Only one side is expected to follow the rules and they will get bombarded from all sides if they fail to follow the rules or to enforce the rules in the opposite direction.
was it completely justified though?

you have a range of responses available according to the statute, and two of the congresspeople were new members who may not have known the rule? the only one who wasn't new - wasn't kicked out.

Personally, I think the TN-GOP having chosen the most extreme reaction to expel two young new members is getting exactly the coverage it deserves.

was it completely justified though?

you have a range of responses available according to the statute, and two of the congresspeople were new members who may not have known the rule? the only one who wasn't new - wasn't kicked out.

Personally, I think the TN-GOP having chosen the most extreme reaction to expel two young new members is getting exactly the coverage it deserves.
Imo yes it was justified and yes expelling them was dumb. Reps literally have a seat at the table and a rep pitching a fit to disrupt a representative body shouldn't happen. I'd say the same about MTG if she carried a bullhorn into a legislative session.

Sad but true

Reactions: Dirty Hairy Dawg
You d...... what do you think the quotes and link n my post are for?
You wrote an entire paragraph with a quote but did show where it came from..my guess is a crazy liberal biased media outlet gets the credit….probably one of the same media outlet’s that claimed the summer riots of 2020 by BLM were “peaceful”
You know, the riots where murders, looting, arson, and rioting caused over $1 billion dollars in damages, with little to no prosecutions for the crimes committed by the thug criminals. But it’s all good by you Dems.

I guess that’s a “NO” on the bet,.Are you not confident about the post you made. The one where you said the Dems would win the House, Senate, and the Presidency n 2024

Read the law

Get off your lazy a$$ and look it up..i posted it once
You know that's not how debate works right. You're supposed to give an opinion and provide supporting information up front and willingly. When you refuse to provide supporting information for what you're saying you look like and a$$ and not taken seriously.

You know that's not how debate works right. You're supposed to give an opinion and provide supporting information up front and willingly. When you refuse to provide supporting information for what you're saying you look like and a$$ and not taken seriously.
No thats you ..you take quotes, post them and dont list all of the sources ....

I did post the law and where it came from. For any educated person with common sense, thats more than enough to back up the opinion i gave (which was also included by the way). You seem to have the inability to find it, or you are too lazy to go back and read. I could give two $hits less if you take me seriously, nor do i care what you think i look like.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT