ADVERTISEMENT

This is not political, but non US Citizen arrested for UGA murder..

Ok, but my question stands. Have the police confirmed that this person is undocumented and illegal?
This is being reported by a news nation reporter

Jose Antonio Ibarra was in the country illegally..
Ibarra is charged with killing Laken Riley at the University of Georgia.
He came from Venezuela and crossed in September of 2022 into El Paso, according to Bradley

Reactions: willdup
And another report
Re this pos here courtesy of the most corrupt stupid demented president in our history.
#BREAKING Multiple DHS sources confirm the suspect in UGA student, Laken Riley’s murder—José Antonio Ibarra is here illegally from Venezuela. CBP documents show he crossed in September of 2022 into El Paso, Texas and was released due to lack of detention space.

The 26 year old from Venezuela was arrested today by ICE-ERO Atlanta. He is being charged with malice murder, felony murder, aggravated battery, aggravated assault, false imprisonment, kidnapping, hindering a 911 call and concealing the death of another— According to UGA Police Chief Jeffrey L. Clark.

Officials say Riley went for a run on the University of Georgia's Athens campus yesterday and was later found dead

My day is great. They started this so I’m just continuing the banter. I am angry about an innocent girl getting murdered. It should be allowed to be discussed. This is a pay site. I don’t pay for the journalists to force their political opinions on me while repressing mine. Hope you have an awesome weekend.
Then quit discussing how a thread was moved and discuss the victim.

Your post may have been fine but others made political statements. It went out of bounds and the referee made the call. Don’t be angry with them, be angry with the other posters who couldnt contain themselves.

Noted. I've only been doing it for almost 18 years. All I do is apply the rules evenly. If you have an issue with that, with me, or anything else...take it up w/ Radi.
Damn brother, I thought Little League parents were tough to deal with. I'm not sure how many times you have to explain that it's open season on the chat but the vent isn't there to vent politically.

Damn brother, I thought Little League parents were tough to deal with. I'm not sure how many times you have to explain that it's open season on the chat but the vent isn't there to vent politically.
The problem is he brought the Vent rules into the Chat.

No....for the last time...feel free to discuss whatever you want here. I've said this multiple times in this thread.
Yes you did, go back and check the quote of mine you posted in the beginning of this thread (after it was moved to Chat).

Yes you did, go back and check the quote of mine you posted in the beginning of this thread (after it was moved to Chat).
I know where you posted it, since I moved the thread. But, your quote here:

Undoubtedly, this screams “I need a safe space”. I’ve lost a ton of respect for this site tonight, and it’s not from the posters.

Was (I thought) referencing things on the Vent, which is why I included it in my comments. If you weren't referencing the events on the Vent, then what exactly were you saying or referencing?

The problem is he brought the Vent rules into the Chat.
With all due respect and with the acknowledgement that I agree with a lot of your thoughts on this unspeakable tragedy, I have to say, it should be clear by now that most everyone wants the politics to stay off the vent. This thread was allowed to get further down the political rabbit hole than most and that's why it's on the chat now. Moose does a pretty decent job for the most part but I understand there is a lot of raw emotion tonight and for good reason.

Reactions: ugadoc and BlindPig
Keeping this in the chat instead of the other thread on the Vent but it’s now been confirmed he was an illegal alien. I typically appreciate you and your posts but don’t appreciate you calling people xenophobes and dipshits when you were, in fact, wrong.

EDIT: you should get your facts straight.
He and his buddy BD79 are both Liberal hacks of the highest order. They will never come on here and admit they were wrong. In fact they will probably say the guy should be released without bail and try to somehow blame Trump. The only thing people like that know how to do is cry ‘racism’ and ‘orange man bad’.

I know where you posted it, since I moved the thread. But, your quote here:

Was (I thought) referencing things on the Vent, which is why I included it in my comments. If you weren't referencing the events on the Vent, then what exactly were you saying or referencing?
I was referencing the thin skin of Mods period and that if you can‘t legitimately separate things fairly then why be a moderator? People pay for the ability to post and if you want to delete, then do it. Don’t grandstand

With all due respect and with the acknowledgement that I agree with a lot of your thoughts on this unspeakable tragedy, I have to say, it should be clear by now that most everyone wants the politics to stay off the vent. This thread was allowed to get further down the political rabbit hole than most and that's why it's on the chat now. Moose does a pretty decent job for the most part but I understand there is a lot of raw emotion tonight and for good reason.
Due respect given, yet this thread was moved immediately, long before any political posts were made. I was one of the first responders here on the Chat. It was moved immediately after the original post was made, hence no need for Mods to continue to beat the “political claptrap drum.

I was referencing the thin skin of Mods period and that if you can‘t legitimately separate things fairly then why be a moderator? People pay for the ability to post and if you want to delete, then do it. Don’t grandstand
1. You assume we have thin skin. Being willing to discuss issues isn't a sign of that, imo. Neither is disagreeing with those we're discussing it. "Thin Skin" would be nuking/blacklisting you simply because we disagree. But, the fact you're still posting is evidence that we're not that. But, feel free to disagree.

2. You saying we can't separate things fairly isn't evidence that we can't separate things fairly. There is plenty of evidence that we do, in fact, separate things fairly.

3. So, if we delete things w/o explanation and/or blacklist people w/o warning or explanation...that would be better? My assumption is that most people appreciate the heads up and/or explanation. I'm not sure what we'd be "grandstanding"...I literally get nothing out of this but occasional frustration. I'm a volunteer. "Grandstanding" isn't even in my calculus.

“The suspect here isn’t an undocumented immigrant you dipshit. At least get your facts right when you do your xenophobia”

How is this not attacking the poster? Lol
You guys are right...I totally missed that post earlier (we've been busy lol) Removed & the poster warned. Same rule for everybody: If name calling is repetitive, further action is taken.

“The suspect here isn’t an undocumented immigrant you dipshit. At least get your facts right when you do your xenophobia”

How is this not attacking the poster? Lol
And that doesn’t even include the follow-up post when he accuses the poster of ‘racism’. But he will absolutely NOT be punished by this site. He consistently gets free rein to say whatever he wants and has for years. It was the same all during 2020.

1. You assume we have thin skin. Being willing to discuss issues isn't a sign of that, imo. Neither is disagreeing with those we're discussing it. "Thin Skin" would be nuking/blacklisting you simply because we disagree. But, the fact you're still posting is evidence that we're not that. But, feel free to disagree.

2. You saying we can't separate things fairly isn't evidence that we can't separate things fairly. There is plenty of evidence that we do, in fact, separate things farily.

3. So, if we delete things w/o explanation and/or blacklist people w/o warning or explanation...that would be better? My assumption is that most people appreciate the heads up and/or explanation. I'm not sure what we'd be "grandstanding"...I literally get nothing out of this but occasional frustration. I'm a volunteer. "Grandstanding" isn't even in my calculus.
My calculus is obviously different than yours as evidenced by your continued explanations of the need to remind everyone that political posts are not tolerated on the Vent when this thread has been on the Chat since the first post was made. There’s a digital record, you should check it. The need you feel to obsessively justify not only your position, but the Vent rules over and over again on the Chat only furthers this. Being a “volunteer” doesn’t obfuscate anything with respect to how you are coming off in this thread.

Reactions: ClydeDawg
Yet you turned a blind eye to donaldsville
Calling someone a dipshit, another a racist, and another a xenophobe. Interesting

You OK w @donalsonville_dawg calling folks racist and xenophobic?

@donalsonville_dawg obviously attacking the poster. You're better than that.

As I said above, I missed it earlier. It's been taken care of. My apologies for missing it (even in quotes, which I should have caught)...I thought the issue was in a follow-up post. You guys were right & it was so obvious, I hope you'd believe me because posts like that don't stay around very long.

And that doesn’t even include the follow-up post when he accuses the poster of ‘racism’. But he will absolutely NOT be punished by this site. He consistently gets free rein to say whatever he wants and has for years. It was the same all during 2020.

If you can provide evidence of posts that have gone unpunished, please let me know. If we see it...it's taken care of.

My calculus is obviously different than yours as evidenced by your continued explanations of the need to remind everyone that political posts are not tolerated on the Vent when this thread has been on the Chat since the first post was made. There’s a digital record, you should check it. The need you feel to obsessively justify not only your position, but the Vent rules over and over again on the Chat only furthers this. Being a “volunteer” doesn’t obfuscate anything with respect to how you are coming off in this thread.
It hasn't been on the Chat since the first post. I can literally see the digital record & I'm the one that moved it. It started on the Vent for 1/2 page. Then people started arguing about political posts on the Vent. Again...if you'd rather the mods just take actions w/o discussion, we can do that. But, most people from my experience appreciate the opportunity to discuss their grievances. I'm ok w/ that...but, I'm allowed to express my opinion/stance, too.

Reactions: celticdawg
As I said above, I missed it earlier. It's been taken care of. My apologies for missing it (even in quotes, which I should have caught)...I thought the issue was in a follow-up post. You guys were right & it was so obvious, I hope you'd believe me because posts like that don't stay around very long.

If you can provide evidence of posts that have gone unpunished, please let me know. If we see it...it's taken care of.
Any particular reason the other thread got locked on here and why DPT’s thread asking why it got locked got nuked as well? Seems like quite an overreach.

Any particular reason the other thread got locked on here and why DPT’s thread asking why it got locked got nuked as well? Seems like quite an overreach.
Not 100% sure w/o confirming. But...Dash locked that one, which was his decision and a good one. This one got moved early & posts about nuked/locked posts are almost always nuked...it's in the rules.

But, I'll double-check. If I have something wrong, I'll follow up.

I’d rather have the mods “have discussion” on what constitutes vs what doesn’t but it got deleted “without discussion”
If you have a specific question, you can always send me or any mod a DM. Some things are more appropriate that way.

It hasn't been on the Chat since the first post. I can literally see the digital record & I'm the one that moved it. It started on the Vent for 1/2 page. Then people started arguing about political posts on the Vent. Again...if you'd rather the mods just take actions w/o discussion, we can do that. But, most people from my experience appreciate the opportunity to discuss their grievances. I'm ok w/ that...but, I'm allowed to express my opinion/stance, too.
i was hurried in my typing. What it should have said was “since my first post was made”. Again you are splitting hairs. I can admit my mistake yet it seems you will fight to the death for your explanation. As you said, it was on the Vent for 1/2 a page before you moved it yet here we are, 4 pages in and many posts were made by you referring to Vent rules on political posts when this thread had long since been in the Chat. I’m done. Wish you nothing but the best

Reactions: Moosefish
i was hurried in my typing. What it should have said was “since my first post was made”. Again you are splitting hairs. I can admit my mistake yet it seems you will fight to the death for your explanation. As you said, it was on the Vent for 1/2 a page before you moved it yet here we are, 4 pages in and many posts were made by you referring to Vent rules on political posts when this thread had long since been in the Chat. I’m done. Wish you nothing but the best
I'm simply trying to explain rationale until the point where you/anybody understands it or until we get to the point where we respectfully disagree. That's it.

There was a ton of consternation tonight (and I'm still answering DM's about it) about politics on the Vent. Some thought that the situation called for it being allowed. That's fine. But, we made clear that it's not...that if you wanted to approach the larger political discussions that could sprout from it...do it on the Chat.

The fact that this thread started on one board & moved to another appeared to confuse some people and/or we (me included) weren't being clear. That's fine. But, I'm not going to abandon the thread if I think there is still value in providing explanation.

I know I am often very direct & have no issue challenging what members say. That can be good & bad. It rubs some people the wrong way. But, it's what I do & I make it a point to not personally attack people, even when it's sometimes directed at me. I'm always open to explain things to people (to a fault). That's still true.

I sincerely wish you the best, too. It's been a tough few days for the greater UGA community.

Noted. I've only been doing it for almost 18 years. All I do is apply the rules evenly. If you have an issue with that, with me, or anything else...take it up w/ Radi.
I’ve posted the following two gifs on this site (in non political fashions) in the last year:

whatever-shrug.gif

And
1*itTS7QTzCURW8S0JklFyfg.gif

One of which was deleted and the other wasn’t. I could easily come up with other examples of ‘fair and balanced’.

Reactions: theboyracer45
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT