ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Best song opening lines

There have been so many good music threads lately.

I have always appreciated a good literary opening line to grab your attention, but the same can be so with a song.

What is the best opening line you have ever heard in a song?

My nominee:

Well Frank settled down in the Valley
And he hung his wild years
On a nail that he drove through
His wife's forehead.

"Frank's Wild Years" - Tom Waits

Insider Note What we are hearing (schedule). UPDATED

Georgia is supposed to play UCLA in the Rose Bowl to start the 2025 season.

What we are hearing is that the game may be canceled.

The genesis of this is from the UCLA side, apparently. The game was scheduled before the conference expansion madness, and with the Bruins heading into the Big Ten, playing UGA may be too much.

If this comes to pass, Georgia will have to find someone to fill the schedule.

We are working to confirm. I hope they keep the game as it would be a great trip. But don't book anything until we know for certain.

UPDATE: Just got another confirmation that the game will not happen.

Insider Note A Few Takeaways From Thursday’s Practice

Had an opportunity to attend full practice session yesterday and if it’s even possible to come away with more respect for the Kang and staff…I did! It’s clear why the program continues to thrive and consistently win. A few observations:
1. Donte Williams may be my new favorite staff member. The guy was teaching at a very precise technical level while also administering a hefty dose of motivation. When one guy took a wrong step, got beat and didn’t max effort to recover, the phrase “don’t give me any of that p@&$y shit man” made clear the standard he expects.
2. Ellis Robinson is the best high school pure coverage corner I’ve ever seen. Didn’t matter who he was covering. He picks up tight, uses hand to keep tabs on receiver while turning to find the ball. We saw literally no separation the entire practice.
3. Lawson Lucky seemed to be struggling and definitely heard about it. He was less than half as effective driving sled as Delp (and Hartley had him repeat 3 times before telling him he needed to seriously hit the weight room). Then had some drops and lapses finishing routes that caught Kirby’s attention.
4. Kirby begins setting the standard before recruits commit. Multiple times during practice his voice BOOMED over the speakers to let the 20+ recruits on the sideline know that if they were more interested in checking their social media than watching his practice, they should get their asses somewhere else. Loved the “we’re filming you” shoutout the second time around…I may or may not have double checked that my phone was securely deep in my pocket. 😲
5. It’s way too early, just a spring practice blah blah blah…but if these guys push it like that through camp and into the season, I like our chances.

UPDATE UGA "still a top school" for in-state receiver

Login to view embedded media
Turner has garnered more and more attention this spring. He visited Athens yesterday.

"This weekend was pretty good at Georgia," Turner said. "I got a chance to formally meet Coach Coley. Unfortunately we didn’t have in depth conversation but it was good to see him. As far as the practice went, It was very efficient and high intensity and effort. I loved the way they compete out there and give guys the chance to show their skills and talent. I would say Georgia is still a top school for me after the visit."

Dawgs Basketball - A few thoughts

1) How bout them, Dawgs!!!!!
2) I don't know that I could emotionally handle a run in the NCAA tournament. Both my parents went to UNC, so I grew up loving basketball. I don't care any less about Dawgs NIT run than I did the Heels going for the title in 93 when I was 13. Basketball is so much fun to watch.
3) We might be close. Keep the freshman, add pieces, and lets go!
4) Hats off to all the Dawgs that played tonight. Never Quit. Did not give up during 17-0 run. I did.
5) I know RJM is going to leave, but that guy was yelling for the team on the bench. Love to see it.
6) If it was not spring break, I would be in Indy next week. Be cool to go to Hinkle FieldHosue. But already have plans. .
7) I will proudly wear a NIT championship T-shirt (do they make these?)
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT