ADVERTISEMENT

With Enfield leaving USC, A possible portal Man in the Middle, Arrinten Page of Wheeler HS and USC

Login to view embedded media

Had a up and down freshman season but at 6-11 245 he has something you can’t coach…

Andy Enfield on USC freshman Arrinten Page, who fouled out in 10 minutes tonight: "He’s 18 years old. So I’ll leave it at that. We love him, but he’s 18.”

“The duality (triality?) of USC freshman Arrinten Page: has pass stolen by Jackson Shelstad, races back down the floor to absolutely swat Shelstad's layup attempt, then Oregon gets the rebound and Page gets blown by on the baseline as a guy draws FTs. USC down 39-37…”

• Position:Forward
  • Class:Freshman
  • Height:6-11
  • Hometown:Atlanta, Ga.
  • High School:Wheeler High School

BREAKDOWN: Freshman Arrinten Page is a 6-11, 245-pound freshman forward. He is a versatile scorer with length and athleticism which makes him a strong defender in the paint.

HIGH SCHOOL: Page graduated in 2023 from Wheeler High in Marietta, Ga, where he was high school teammates with Isaiah Collier. Page was ranked as the No. 40 overall recruit by ESPN.com. His Wheeler team defeated Cherokee 78-58 to win the Georgia 7A title, with Page scoring 15 points and grabbing 7 boards. In the quarterfinals win over McEachern, Page had a game-high 25 points and 15 rebounds.

PERSONAL: Arrinten was born on March 17, 2005 in Atlanta, Ga...His parents are Samone and Marlon Page and he has two siblings...Lists mac and cheese as his favorite food...Would like to play in the NBA after USC...His major at USC is Communication.

Big Frank MVP tonight with a damn tough double/double. If he doesn't start we don't win.

And he's hardly played up until the last few games. If he doesn't start, we don't win. Another really strong defensive effort and we won the boards. These guys gotta be bonding and that has to help keep some at UGA. Two big offensive plays bt frosh last. Finally Dylan gets the nerve to take a 3 after, passing up several, in an absolutely clutch situation. Then Blue steps up and knocks down the big fts. CMW with a nice job of switching up on D multiple times.

And nobody cheers harder from the bench than RJ.

to those who went to Rose Bowl…

would you have gone again to see us play UCLA? I was there and nothing will compare to that game. So anything would be a little of a let down? It was such a cluster anyway but worth it because of the game. I understand students and those that didn’t make that game would be more driven to go, but having attended that game I think it would be a pass from H.C.

A few thoughts

1) How bout them, Dawgs!!!!!
2) I don't know that I could emotionally handle a run in the NCAA tournament. Both my parent went to UNC, so I grew up loving basketball. I don't care any less about Dawgs NIT run than I did the Heels going for the title in 93 when I was 13. Basketball is so much fun to watch.
3) We might be close. Keep the freshman, add pieces, and lets go!
4) Hats off to all the Dawgs that played tonight. Never Quit. Did not give up during 17-0 run. I did.
5) I know RJM is going to leave, but that guy was yelling for the team on the bench. Love to see it.
6) If it was not spring break, I would be in Indy next week. Be cool to go to Hilkle FiledHosue. Already have plans.
7) I will proudly wear a NIT championship T-shirt (do they make these?)

Technology is too accessible for our driving issues...

I'm not in favor of kicking guys off the team for first offenses, even serious offenses like DUI. DUIs are serious as hell, but mostly isolated. Reckless driving is absolutely a theme in the program at this point, though.

There are so many simple diagnostics that can be installed in vehicles like insurance companies offer and apps like Life360 that can be installed on phones that track speeding/fast acceleration/hard braking. They can even track phone usage while driving (my weakness).

I receive insurance discounts from State Farm through the FREE diagnostic I plug into our cars' USB. It's made my driving safer and I'm 45-year-old who has never been in a wreck. I also track my son's driving via Life360 and his car is conditional upon a clean driving report each week. My daughter is in her learner's permit year and being trained to be mindful of the app's driving report, too. They're ever-mindful of safety when they know there's always an eye watching, and there will be data they can't refute.

Make it mandatory for all players. Assign monitoring of it to an intern. You don't even have to proactively monitor it - these apps push notifications to you. Not only do you track reckless driving behavior that can be punished with running/extra study hall, it's an ever-present eye on their driving that may actually change their behavior for their own safety and others on the road. As I said, I'm an experienced driver with a clean driving record and it's made me a safer driver.

There will be another tragedy I fear if we don't do something.

For any who might be interested ...

I am posting this article about what is really happening in the Red Sea with our Navy.
Our media and government is keeping us mostly in the dark but this sheds some light. I keep up with this much more closely than most because I have a dawg in the fight. But Americans should know the truth and this has been published so nothing here is classified.

UPDATE Couple of notes

Dillon Carter’s index and middle fingers are still wrapped, but Coach said he’s day to day and will be active this weekend.
Starting to doubt we see Matthew Hoskins (Tommy John) this year. Hasn’t been any setbacks. But they are going to be very carful and Coach doesn’t believe he’ll be doing any mound work for at least three weeks

Reading all the posts…….what is a mistake?

Not taking sides on the issue.

Is stealing a car a mistake?
Is stealing an item from a store a mistake?

Is making a personal decision prior to doing the wrong thing a mistake?

What is the difference between a decision and a mistake?

With that, are we called to compassion at the time of fault?

And when does the legality of an act preclude forgiveness.

In all views, innocence is assumed until proven differently.

Insider Note Scrimmage notes

Kirby Smart said the team would have a scrimmage today but I thought that was odd, what with the Coaches Clinic going on this weekend.

Apparently, they did not scrimmage. It was a very controlled practice, vanilla with all the other coaches watching,

After speaking to a few of them, here is what we learned.

First, they raved about the organization of the clinic and how well it is run. As coaches, they really appreciate that. Also, they all spoke at length about how all the Georgia coaches and support staff made them feel at home. It would be easy to treat them like customers but it went beyond that, more like colleagues despite the level of football.

It has been a while since Georgia had a running back like Trevor Etienne. He can fly and his quickness through tight spaces impressed them. They can't wait to see him run behind Georgia's line in games.

A pair of wideouts caught their attention. They mentioned that Colbie Young is not only huge but has body control and can catch.. Of course, Dillon Bell turned heads. We know he is a monster as we saw last year. They like the idea of Young and Bell on the edges for Georgia.

As good as Carson Beck is, the coaches were adamant that Gunner Stockton has progressed and is a 'damn good' backup for Beck. Those guys saw him last year too so they have something to compare him to.

On defense, the cornerbacks caught their attention. Ellis Robinson is something. So too are Daylen Everett, Daniel Harris, and Julain Humphrey. Fast. Long. There were a lot of compliments.

Cliffs on my hoop weekend in Vegas..

.. Had a great time...
..Wed nite 3-20 thru Sat nite 3-23..
..took an economy flight there Spirit Airlines..
..My 7th time there for March Madness.. though my last time was about 15 yrs ago...
..Stayed at Bellagio with another fella...(who is considered the founder of Buckhead entertainment).. ..per previous visits..
..Gambled for 3 straight days at Bellagio's sports book..at the the bar..
..went down to the sports book/bar every morning at 600am to reserve 3 seats..
... I'm a $20-50 dollar bettor...and make 25 or so plays a day.. and 10 plays or so on Sat..
..I won more bets than I loss.. but that 10% vig or so adds up... so I broke even..
..the only time I left the premises of Bellagio was to take a 1.4 mile walk to a Cannabis Dispensary...(of course ,merely , to check it out... as I never had been to one before)
...the most exciting bet... (biggest cheers) at the book is the " race to 15 pts bet'..( first team to score 15 pts)..
..see ya next year Vegas!!

PR Problem:Exclusive–O’Brien: Emails Reveal Athens Mayor Saw Laken Riley’s Murder as a PR Problem

In the wake of Laken Riley’s murder in Georgia, Athens-Clarke County Mayor Kelly Girtz condescendingly dismissed suggestions from the public and media that his county’s refusal to cooperate with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) may have been a contributing factor.
He also insisted that Athens-Clarke County is not a sanctuary jurisdiction, stating, “The term ‘sanctuary city’ doesn’t have a sole legal or procedural definition. That term means different things to different people, depending on the context of the discussion.”
Actually, the term “sanctuary city” doesn’t have any legal or procedural definition. Under the Supremacy Clause of the 10th Amendment, “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.” The Constitution delegates the powers to establish a uniform rule of naturalization, manage immigration and control our borders to the Federal Government. If a state disapproves of some aspect of immigration law, it may ask its representatives in Congress to change it – but it cannot unilaterally ignore that law or actively impede federal efforts to enforce it.
Nevertheless, for some time now, Athens-Clarke County has refused to honor requests that it hold criminal aliens for pick-up by ICE. So, despite Mayor Girtz’s claims to the contrary, it is a de facto sanctuary jurisdiction whether it has passed an ordinance to that effect or not.
Girtz’s semantic tap dancing, coupled with the fact that he seemed more concerned about not offending illegal aliens than he was about a ruthless assault on a young woman in his district, made the Immigration Reform Law Institute (IRLI) curious about what Girtz and his colleagues might be saying behind closed doors.
Through a Georgia Open Records Act request, we obtained a February 24, 2024 email exchange between Clarke County Sheriff John Q. Williams and Girtz. This exchange, sent two days after Laken Riley was murdered, is shocking.

Sheriff Williams contacted Mayor Girtz asking whether the county he is responsible for protecting is a “sanctuary” jurisdiction. But it gets worse. Sheriff Williams then threatens that if the Athens-Clarke County Government would not address the county’s refusal to cooperate with ICE, he “will do everything in [his] power to protect the integrity and professionalism of the Clarke County Sheriff’s Office and [himself].”

The fact that Sheriff Williams seems more interested in covering his posterior than anything else is appalling on its own. But the fact that he appears to have had absolutely no idea about his own department’s policies regarding cooperation with federal immigration authorities raises serious questions about his ability to manage the operations of a law enforcement agency that serves upwards of 120,000 people.

Moreover, the Clarke County Sheriff’s Office website lists information for inmate mail, visits, etc. in both English and Spanish. If Sheriff Williams’ jail has that many Spanish-speaking inmates, then at least a percentage of them are likely to be foreign nationals sought by ICE, and there is absolutely no excuse for his professed ignorance about sanctuary shenanigans.

What should raise even more questions, however, is the fact the it never occurred to Sheriff Williams that the best way to protect the integrity of his agency would be to follow the law, thereby allowing ICE to do its job and remove criminal aliens.

Mayor Girtz’s response is even more troubling. He notes that Williams’ predecessor refused to honor ICE detainers and praises non-cooperation policies, saying, “I support the detainer policy as one that is both humane and following the well-documented propensity of immigrants in the U.S. to be less criminally inclined than the native-born population.”

It’s bad enough that Mayor Girtz is in favor of ignoring federal laws he doesn’t like. But it seems that his willingness to do so is based on the mistaken belief that illegal aliens are generally more law abiding than Americans. There’s a problem with that reasoning, however. By definition, all illegal aliens begin their relationship with the United States by breaking the law.

Then, to cap off this demonstration of lawlessness and incompetence, Mayor Girtz says that his “takeaway” from Laken Riley’s murder is, “in the immediate wake of a tragedy to focus on the victim…avoid political messaging…focus on comfort and unity.”

To Kelly Girtz, the savage killing of a college student is a public relations problem. And it’s a public relations problem that one should manage with by sowing “comfort and unity” – not by arresting and deporting foreign law breakers.

One wonders how “comfortable” Laken Riley’s parents are with the fact that Athens-Clarke County is being run by an anti-borders extremist who seems to care more about the reputation of the migrant community than the life of their U.S. citizen daughter.

Who ever thought that Americans would live to see a day when they have as much to fear from their elected leaders as they do from common street thugs?

And here we go!

Reactions: JackRussellDawg
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT