ADVERTISEMENT

• Poll
Poll: daylight saving time?

What is you opinion on what we should do about daylight saving time?

• Stay on daylight saving time permanently(fall back and stay there)

• Stay on standard time all the time(spring forward and stay there)

• Keep changing your clocks every 6 months.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ok guys and gals, where does everyone stand on this nonsense?

There is a just a basic lack of humanity on Memorial Drive...

This evening at the Walmart in Stone Mountain I had to call an ambulance for some old lady in a wheelchair, hyperventilating in the parking lot. People were just casually walking by. I literally said "are you ****ing serious?" to several of the young able-bodied teenagers that walked right past her in front of me, not even acknowledging her. It seems like I have said that a lot. In the past months I've had to push two stranded scared women out of an intersection, change a tire and rescue a bloody pit bull that had its legs snapped after getting ran over. He was dragging himself on a sidewalk by a bunch of drunks who were unfazed. The damndest incident was when I called the ambulance for kid riding a dirt bike that got hit by a car and his friends just took off and left him. The place needs those blue-helmet UN Peacekeepers. If you EVER want to bitch about your life, go to Memorial between the jail and Stone Mountain. It's a cross between a third world Mad Max and Repo Man. Or hell... go to the QT nearby on N Decatur Road... you might get rabies... from a human.

3-09 Saturday’s Hoops News & Notes

UGA MBB

Gadogs.com: Georgia at No. 13 Auburn: White focused on the present

https://uga.rivals.com/news/georgia-at-no-13-auburn-white-focused-on-the-present

Login to view embedded media

Next Opponent: Auburn

National Rankings

PPG 139 - 14

FG% 277 - 49

FT% 90 - 36

3P% 230 - 137

REB 215 - 74

A 301 - 9

TO 176 - 80

A/TO 258 - 11

BS 199 - 5

Bruce Pearl:

"For Georgia, eight out of their 11 losses in the SEC have been by less than 10 points," Pearl said. "I mean, they put 90-something on Kentucky at Kentucky. They were down 20 at Florida and came back and sent it into overtime. They beat South Carolina at South Carolina. In Athens, they lost by, like, five to Tennessee. They had a 3-point loss at Arkansas, a 1-point loss at LSU. They're a good team."

Auburn Observer: Jaylin Williams made history at Auburn — and he did it his way.

“The fifth-year senior will play in his final home game Saturday, as his one-of-a-kind career approaches a potentially exciting conclusion.

“But it didn’t take long for Pearl to know what he had in Williams, a 4-star prospect who Auburn beat Georgia for in the 2019 class.

The stats at Brantley County High School were eye-popping enough. He averaged 25 points and 14 rebounds for the awesomely named Herons.

Williams also, in a rarity for an SEC-caliber basketball prospect, lettered in football in high school. His film as a 6-foot-8 wide receiver is worth the watch…”

https://www.auburnobserver.com/p/jaylin-williams-auburn-basketball-senior-georgia

Montgomery Advertiser: Lior Berman's knee injury not as bad as originally thought, Auburn's Bruce Pearl says

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.co...te-auburn-basketball-bruce-pearl/72903891007/

2025 Recruiting

Recruiting: Updated Rivals 150

10 Joson Sanon

19 Jacob Wilkins UGA commit

71 Aleks Alston

85 Akai Fleming

106 Acaden Lewis

143 Jalen Leonard

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2025

Leonard

Steinour

2026 Recruiting

Diop

Holt

Wingfield

2027 Recruiting

Wise

SEC Basketball

Florida
Florida Times Union: Florida basketball under Todd Golden finally blossoming into a legit contender

https://www.jacksonville.com/story/...be-a-2024-ncaa-tournament-threat/72863797007/

The Skinny on Will Richard
https://floridagators.com/news/2024...-the-skinny-on-will-richard-march-9-2024.aspx

Kentucky

Missouri
Rivals.com: One more glance at Mizzou's lineups

https://missouri.rivals.com/news/king-s-court-one-more-glance-at-mizzou-s-lineups

Adam ranks the contenders for 5-star David Sanders

Man, just when I start to like Adama again he writes stuff like this:

I kid of course as Adam is dialed in with good information and I am playing shoot the messenger. But this race is tighter than it used to be. When I interviewed him after the state title game, David lit up talking about UGA but Clemson and Tennessee were in there too.

Schedule about to get real

Dawgs are 16-1, which has to be the best start in a long time

6 grand slams in 6 games

Pitching getting better

But Iowa comes to town Tuesday before conference play starts in Lexington next weekend.

We’re about to find out how good this team really is and if Johnson’s strategy and preparations pay off.

Be prepared for this team to come back down to earth a little in SEC play. I’m not saying our guys won’t compete. But they are about to face better pitching and dudes that can hit. Dawgs will lose some conference series and mid-week games. That’s inevitable in baseball.

We have a team that is good enough to reach the post-season but let’s not set the bar too high because we still have no idea how good this team really is. Pitching has gotten better but still has a ways to go. Our guys also need to clean up defensive errors.

UPDATE Morales Williams wins NCAA 400 meter title

Bulldog sophomore Christopher Morales Williams won Georgia’s second straight 400-meter dash title at the NCAA Indoor Track & Field Championships Saturday.

Morales Williams, a native of Vaughan, Ontario, set the facility record with a 44.67 to capture the Bulldogs’ second consecutive championship in the event (Elija Godwin, 2023), the program’s third overall and his first in history. Morales Williams clocked the fifth-best time in collegiate history to boost Georgia’s point total by 10 points.

Batman & Our Conference Record Prediction Thread

It's been a blast diving into some uga hoops content this week. This will be my last deep dive for the week until the postgame of Mizzou on Saturday.

We're not even being fans if we don't have some predictions, right?!?!?! Let's do our SEC conference predicton. Here's where three different "expert" models have us ranked as of today (these are computer models that change every night a little based on how teams are doing):

Barttorvik has us as the 94th best team in the country, 11th in the SEC.
Ken Pom has us as 86th in the country, 11th in the sec.
Evan Miya has us as 111th in the country, 13th in the SEC.

Let's look at the where one of the easiest, free, accessible site (Barttorvik) predicts us with a game by game prediction:

If you scroll to the bottom, you can see how each of our conference games are predicted. It even lists a point margin and final score. The Barttorvik model does not directly correlate to Vegas. For example:
Tonight - Memphis plays Tulsa, Barttorvik has the spread at Memphis minus 4.9, ESPN has the actual spread at Memphis 9.5.
But it also can be dead on. Tonight, Gonzaga plays Pepperdine, Barttorvik has the spread at Gonzaga minus 20, ESPN has the actual spread at Gonzaga 20.5 .

But this model will give you an idea of other teams, when it's especially hard to know what other teams have in this transfer portal era. Where yesterday, today, and tomorrow can change in a flash.

So Barttorvik has our conference record at 7-11. It changes all the time. I believe last night we were predicted at 6-12.

My SEC prediction for us is 7-11 as well (honestly tempted to say 6-12). I will go into every game believing we are going to win. I truly do like our pieces. The biggest thing that I'm concerned about is that I don't know if we have a true Batman. We have a much better supporting cast this year. I'm just not sure we have seen yet that DUDE step up and be that guy to get us a W when we need it. Jabri, Noah, Demary, and Melendez have shown flashes of being able to carry us. Blue can be an absolute microwave. I love these pieces, I'm just not sure we have one guy or two that will make 1st or 2nd team All-SEC. Jabri seems to have that kind of potential, but can he grow enough in confidence to be that guy right now? Will we go to him enough? If we can win Saturday at Mizzou, this thing gets really fun in a hurry, I'm just really nervous about our first true road game atmosphere (Fla State resembles a library at the moment).

Let's hear it! Where do you have our record in conference play?

Good Morning Dawg Nation

I hope you all changed your clocks already....don't be late this morning 😉

LBM is 4 months old today....hard to believe it's been 4 months! He has a doctors appt this week to check his development so I'm excited to see what he says. He seems right on track now and he heads to Jacksonville for his kidney appt the beginning of April. Praying all is good!

The nephew was home this weekend after a short beach trip for Spring Break. There's a hometown restaurant here that everyone loves and we went with our youngest son and his gf last night. Ran into Noah with his family and low and behold there's Zirkel with him....that was a pretty cool experience.

That's about all from me so I'll check back in to see what exciting things you all have going on today.

As always....Prayers for all those in need, spoken and unspoken, and especially for my GMDN friends.

Happy Birthday/Anniversary if you're celebrating today 🎉🎉

Love you guys and gals, MEAN IT.....

Go Dawgs ❤️

April
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT