ADVERTISEMENT

ND - most overrated band of all time ...

Led Zeppelin
giphy.gif

Not my words -

Robert Plant is an annoying lead singer, not a rock God. A screeching caterwaul that seems to nearly be in key is not the work of genius just because it's loud and overbearing.

Sadly, Plant's vocal style is in lock-step with his bandmates: Led Zeppelin perpetuate a philosophy of more is more. Plant shrieks and howls. Page's guitar spikes and wails. Bonham's drumming sacrifices dynamics for bombast. This is a group of musicians with talent and verve, it's a shame they never had truly great songs to sing or someone who could reign them in enough to be as great as they're perceived to be.

Reactions: wesley-bulldog
Not my words -

Robert Plant is an annoying lead singer, not a rock God. A screeching caterwaul that seems to nearly be in key is not the work of genius just because it's loud and overbearing.

Sadly, Plant's vocal style is in lock-step with his bandmates: Led Zeppelin perpetuate a philosophy of more is more. Plant shrieks and howls. Page's guitar spikes and wails. Bonham's drumming sacrifices dynamics for bombast. This is a group of musicians with talent and verve, it's a shame they never had truly great songs to sing or someone who could reign them in enough to be as great as they're perceived to be.
Well, they are words, I'll give you that. Wrong words, but words nonetheless.

Not my words -

You hear something completely different than what I hear.

The Eagles are awful. Aerosmith would be high on my list of overrated as well.
You may not like the Eagles but they are one of the best vocal groups ever among rock bands. Every one of those guys could sing and unless you know anything about harmonies you don't know how hard it is when they are doing 3 and 4 part harmonies.

I've got no issues with you on Aerosmith. Not a huge fan.

Booo. Big DMB fan....
Haha. Well, I don't dislike them (or the Beatles), I just think they're overrated. "Overrated" doesn't meant "bad" :)

Mainly, what I hate about DMB is the insistence on not playing their stuff at concerts that people actually, you know, want to hear (other than the most hardcore of fans). They're the anti-Bon Jovi in that regard

Rolling Stones

I know I'm in the minority here, but I just never understood the hype.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT