ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Watching this 60 Minutes episode on CBS on 9/11…

RingoTheBell

3-Peat for Big Dev
Gold Member
Jul 13, 2020
And it’s tough. I’ll never forget being 8 years old and having to come in from recess, not knowing what was going on. I know we all remember where we were that day, and what we were feeling. Listening to the 911 calls is absolutely heartbreaking.

The FDNY were and are heroes. In such a fractured time politically and otherwise, I hope we can all come together tomorrow and say a prayer for the families and friends and loved ones affected by this awful attack. Whatever your beliefs, theories, questions or what have you, whatever you think of certain leaders or figures, it really doesn’t matter. We’re all very blessed to live in a country where we can debate about who plays running back and point spreads in an awesome community like this.

If you had a friend or loved one give their life that day, our hearts, thoughts and prayers are with you, although that will never remove the pain of loss.

We are all Dawgs, but more importantly, at least tomorrow, we are all Americans.

God bless you, and God help and heal this country.

I was a sophomore at UGA. Watched from Ramsey Center at my racquetball class when the towers fell.

I remember listening to the radio on the way and no one had any idea what’s as going on whether it was an attack or accidental.
I do remember my mom saying maybe it was a pilot that had a heart attack or something. Then, when the second one hit, she said “we’re under attack.”

Watched as I was studying for a test that morning. Have never experienced a more quiet UGA bus than the ride to campus that morning. Remember like it was yesterday listening to NPR as we road to North Campus.

My professor excused anyone that had family in NY from the test and then came in and wrote updates on the board as they happened while we took our test.

A true inflection point in American history

I was a senior at UGA. Watched the towers fall on TV in the lounge of Sanford Hall.
I was a senior at FSU, listened to it on the radio with a whole bunch of students in an open space on campus, the radio belonged to a guy who had a hot dog stand in the middle of campus

Reactions: OldArmyDawg
Watched as I was studying for a test that morning. Have never experienced a more quiet UGA bus than the ride to campus that morning. Remember like it was yesterday listening to NPR as we road to North Campus.

My professor excused anyone that had family in NY from the test and then came in and wrote updates on the board as they happened while we took our test.

A true inflection point in American history
Cannot imagine that feeling. I believe you served our country as well, unless I’m going insane, so a genuine thank you.

Reactions: SamboDawg
Was in 11th grade & in the computer lab for English class typing a paper when a fellow classmate came running in yelling "they attacked us, they attacked us".....We all looked at him like "huh, wtf are you yelling about".......He said turn on the TV. Teacher turned it on right before the 2nd plane hit the 2nd tower.............Will never forget it.

And it’s tough. I’ll never forget being 8 years old and having to come in from recess, not knowing what was going on. I know we all remember where we were that day, and what we were feeling. Listening to the 911 calls is absolutely heartbreaking.

The FDNY were and are heroes. In such a fractured time politically and otherwise, I hope we can all come together tomorrow and say a prayer for the families and friends and loved ones affected by this awful attack. Whatever your beliefs, theories, questions or what have you, whatever you think of certain leaders or figures, it really doesn’t matter. We’re all very blessed to live in a country where we can debate about who plays running back and point spreads in an awesome community like this.

If you had a friend or loved one give their life that day, our hearts, thoughts and prayers are with you, although that will never remove the pain of loss.

We are all Dawgs, but more importantly, at least tomorrow, we are all Americans.

God bless you, and God help and heal this country.
Yea I watched it. Hard to hold it together watching that.

We said we would never forget but most Americans did, and soooo quickly.
B.S. I don’t know one person that doesn’t stop and think about that when those digits are presented.

What effs it up even more is how weird the hours were after the catastrophe. It’s why we question everything that happens to this country now.

To go along with this, everyone needs to visit the 9/11 museum in NYC. It’s not a fun or pleasant experience - quite somber actually. But it makes it all so real and tangible.

Prayers to anyone involved with that day and especially folks who lost friends and family. May we never forget!

B.S. I don’t know one person that doesn’t stop and think about that when those digits are presented.

What effs it up even more is how weird the hours were after the catastrophe. It’s why we question everything that happens to this country now.
Not B.S. but I won’t be the one who gets this sent to the chat, so we’ll just have to disagree.

I was working at a TV station in Mobile at the time. I’ll never forget watching the second tower fall and having to shield a co-worker from seeing it. She had just talked to her brother on the cell phone…he was on the top floor of that tower and was calling to tell her he loved her and it didn’t look like he would make it. Something you never get management training for.

Was in Midtown Manhattan that morning at my office, right as the attacks started. Saw the towers fall from the roof of a friend’s apartment building. Tried to give blood, as I’m type O, but the blood bank was overwhelmed with volunteers. Still have my 9/12 New York Times and break it out annually to share my story with my kids. So far, my lungs are fine, but waiting for the day when my doctor shares bad news about what so many millions breathed in that day and the days that followed. Only now - as I was 25 when they happened - can I watch coverage from that day. Remember it so well.

It is BS. I have conversations with most adults every single year about that day.

It will never be forgotten to those that lived through that day.
I think it’s possible that what folks mean when they say “forget,” is just that the unity that was present in the following months has disappeared rapidly over the years.

Was in Midtown Manhattan that morning at my office, right as the attacks started. Saw the towers fall from the roof of a friend’s apartment building. Tried to give blood, as I’m type O, but the blood bank was overwhelmed with volunteers. Still have my 9/12 New York Times and break it out annually to share my story with my kids. So far, my lungs are fine, but waiting for the day when my doctor shares bad news about what so many millions breathed in that day and the days that followed. Only now - as I was 25 when they happened - can I watch coverage from that day. Remember it so well.
I remember immediately emailing you that morning in class to see what the hell was going on. So thankful you were on the move looking for your then lady.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT