ADVERTISEMENT

What stops illegals

Forget about law for a moment and just say yes or no...do you support "that two people can illegally enter the US and have a kid who is automatically a citizen?" I think your answer says you don't, but not sure. And what, in my 3-word question, makes you think I don't care about the Constitution?

Where do you get these ideas from? This sounds like things Trump would say. Since the number of seats in Congress hasn't changed in over 100 years they don't create additional seats. Yes, the blue states of Florida and Texas both had increases in house members after the 2020 census while the red state of California lost one seat. It would seem that any illegals added in the 2020 census would have come in while Trump was President. Who knows what the 2030 census will bring?

The change in seats held by any party result from the elections and many things go into that. I don't know what the 20 seats refers to specifically, but please explain how it would relate to the post you quoted.
I believe the article was projecting the future effects of 10+ million that have come in since Biden took office. It was a fairly in depth look at where the illegals are being sent.

I believe the article was projecting the future effects of 10+ million that have come in since Biden took office. It was a fairly in depth look at where the illegals are being sent.
And so I'm going to believe an article that I haven't even seen. People project all kinds of things and often they are not worth the paper they are printed on. And who knows where they will be in the future? I thought Trump was going to get rid of them so it won't have any effect.

Reactions: kckd
So you want to interpret the Constitution to your liking - not your right. And you and others talk about those not following the Constitution - how hypocritical as usual.

You still seem to be skirting around the question. Does the Constitution make those born in the US citizens, yes or no.
I answered your question in the statement before you posed your question. We are a sovereign nation of American citizens that is until your boy Joe and Hussain took over! You know the constitution does not allow non citizens to cross the border and have a child on our soil, to become a citizen here.

Reactions: cherrydawg
Read the Constitution, or do you not support it?
The Supreme Court in the last 100 years has recognized only three narrow exceptions to birthright citizenship: diplomatic children, tribal Indians and invading armies.
I have wondered how Lincoln and other supporters of the 14th Amendment would feel about the issues of illegals entering this country. They were obviously avid supporters of children of slaves having citizenship since the parents were brought here against their will. I wonder if the same would hold true of people breaking the law to enter this nation.

Last edited:
I answered your question in the statement before you posed your question. We are a sovereign nation of American citizens that is until your boy Joe and Hussain took over! You know the constitution does not allow non citizens to cross the border and have a child on our soil, to become a citizen here.
We have non citizens who are legally in the country. The Constitution, in the 14th Amendment, provides that if two of them have a child, that child is a citizen. That was confirmed in the case U.S vs. Ark as shown earlier in the thread.

You and Trump and his other supporters do not get to ignore or change the law because you don't like it, but you keep trying to do something.

Some things have changed since the Constitution and the Amendments were passed, but right now it doesn't matter how the parents got here, so your last statement is wrong.

We have non citizens who are legally in the country. The Constitution, in the 14th Amendment, provides that if two of them have a child, that child is a citizen. That was confirmed in the case U.S vs. Ark as shown earlier in the thread.

You and Trump and his other supporters do not get to ignore or change the law because you don't like it, but you keep trying to do something.

Some things have changed since the Constitution and the Amendments were passed, but right now it doesn't matter how the parents got here, so your last statement is wrong.
The questions is the ones who are here illegally. Quit moving the goalpost.
That is the vast majority of where all the problems are caused.

The questions is the ones who are here illegally. Quit moving the goalpost.
That is the vast majority of where all the problems are caused.
I'm tired on answering these stupid posts which either state incorrect information and/or (like this one) don't address the issue. What problems are you talking about - we're talking about what the Constitution says about people who are born in this country and whether they are citizens.

It doesn't matter if the parents are here illegally. There is no question about that. The child is a citizen. I'm not moving the goalposts - I've answered the question and you are the one who is not willing to follow the Constitution.

I do not ignore the law. I do speed occasionally, but follow the law and take care of my family. I do not have the desire to feed, house , educate, provide healthcare, cell phones or cash to those who came here illegally and get the benefits of my labor or intellectual property. All of this just so they can cancel my vote now or in the future. Why do we keep rewarding those who do not care about the rule of law?
What are the benifits of being an honest American citizen these days?

I do not ignore the law. I do speed occasionally, but follow the law and take care of my family. I do not have the desire to feed, house , educate, provide healthcare, cell phones or cash to those who came here illegally and get the benefits of my labor or intellectual property. All of this just so they can cancel my vote now or in the future. Why do we keep rewarding those who do not care about the rule of law?
What are the benifits of being an honest American citizen these days?
We will have to amend that for sure. Maybe I should cross the border and come back as an illegal alien. I guess I’m just to honest for that, so I’ll let the democrats take from us to give to those who will vote as they are told soon.

Reactions: Dawgdocindosta
This is sad.
From the attached article:

Welfare offices and other agencies in 49 US states are providing voter registration forms to migrants without requiring proof of citizenship, leading Republicans and conservatives to call for swift federal action to stop the handouts.

Every state but Arizona — which recently passed a law barring the practice on state but not federal forms — gives applicants for either welfare benefits, driver’s licenses, or in some cases, mail-in ballots voter registration forms without demanding proof of citizenship.

There is currently no requirement on federal voting forms to provide proof of US citizenship, though it is illegal to falsely claim one is a citizen or for a non-citizen to cast a ballot in a federal election.

The National Voter Registration Act (NVRA) of 1993 ordered states to register voters at the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) and agencies where Americans apply for public benefits — and those offices are required by federal law to hand over the registration forms along with the application papers.

If an applicant attests that they are a US citizen, that is considered valid on its face and the person is registered to vote.

How non-citizens are getting voter registration forms across the US

Welfare offices and other agencies in 49 US states are providing voter registration forms to migrants without requiring proof of citizenship, leading Republicans and conservatives to call for swift federal action to stop the handouts.

Every state but Arizona — which recently passed a law barring the practice on state but not federal forms — gives applicants for either welfare benefits, driver’s licenses, or in some cases, mail-in ballots voter registration forms without demanding proof of citizenship.

There is currently no requirement on federal voting forms to provide proof of US citizenship, though it is illegal to falsely claim one is a citizen or for a non-citizen to cast a ballot in a federal election.

The National Voter Registration Act (NVRA) of 1993 ordered states to register voters at the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) and agencies where Americans apply for public benefits — and those offices are required by federal law to hand over the registration forms along with the application papers.

If an applicant attests that they are a US citizen, that is considered valid on its face and the person is registered to vote.

dc52082d-7833-4287-8d84-d400cb930492_text.gif
But hey, knock yourself out. It's what you all do.

They aren't allowed to vote in federal elections. If you want to stop them from voting in your local and state elections then work with your local and state officials on that stuff.

They aren't allowed to vote in federal elections. If you want to stop them from voting in your local and state elections then work with your local and state officials on that stuff.
If you actually read my post, you would know that Arizona, unlike other states, has enacted a law barring state and local agencies from giving a person voter registration forms without proof of citizenship. However, in doing so, legislators found that they could not require the same of federal agencies in the state or at the border.

Please feel free to point out any factual errors in my posts in this thread.

Reactions: Dawgfan1966
If you actually read my post, you would know that Arizona, unlike other states, has enacted a law barring state and local agencies from giving a person voter registration forms without proof of citizenship. However, in doing so, legislators found that they could not require the same of federal agencies in the state or at the border.

Please feel free to point out any factual errors in my posts in this thread.
There is no evidence that illegals are voting in federal elections in any way to flip those elections. There's none. At some point you have to have evidence.
What is happening over and over with all of this illegal voting jargon, stolen election, mules, etc. etc. etc. is "Johnny has a gun, therefore Johnny has murdered someone." Evidence. That's what you need.

Illegals do count towards the census so even if they can't legally vote, they do potentially create additional seats in Congress. Apparently many additional traditionally blue areas have gained seats in Congress over the past few years
That needs to be stopped immediately. The incentive for states to harbor illegals will stop.

There is no evidence that illegals are voting in federal elections in any way to flip those elections. There's none. At some point you have to have evidence.
What is happening over and over with all of this illegal voting jargon, stolen election, mules, etc. etc. etc. is "Johnny has a gun, therefore Johnny has murdered someone." Evidence. That's what you need.
Maine in an audit discovered many driver licenses issued with SS number all 9s with illegals. Since voter registration happens same time they have no idea how many illegals were registered to vote. It’s happening already.

Maine in an audit discovered many driver licenses issued with SS number all 9s with illegals. Since voter registration happens same time they have no idea how many illegals were registered to vote. It’s happening already.
And the mules, and the machines, and the dead people.
you-right.gif

Reactions: Chopdawg75
I'm tired on answering these stupid posts which either state incorrect information and/or (like this one) don't address the issue. What problems are you talking about - we're talking about what the Constitution says about people who are born in this country and whether they are citizens.

It doesn't matter if the parents are here illegally. There is no question about that. The child is a citizen. I'm not moving the goalposts - I've answered the question and you are the one who is not willing to follow the Constitution.
Yes it matters whether they are here legally or not. That is the main issue and what matters most.
So if someone is visiting here on a vacation and gives birth here is that baby entitled to citizenship?

Why do you need evidence? You don’t need evidence you need steps in place to make sure registered citizens are voting and their votes are counted.
Just like we need to make sure immigrants are registered and allowed entry instead of allowing anyone to crops the border.

Why do you need evidence? You don’t need evidence you need steps in place to make sure registered citizens are voting and their votes are counted.
Just like we need to make sure immigrants are registered and allowed entry instead of allowing anyone to crops the border.
You need evidence if you are gonna claim they are voting. If you want to fix things to prevent something that's not happening but you think could happen? Fine. Present it as that. But don't say something is happening when there is no proof it is happening.

Lt Daniel Caffey in A Few Good Men: "It doesn't matter what I believe. It only matters what I can prove!"

Obviously Lt. Caffey was not a member of MAGA.

Reactions: GDawg
Yes it matters whether they are here legally or not. That is the main issue and what matters most.
So if someone is visiting here on a vacation and gives birth here is that baby entitled to citizenship?
This has all been explained in this thread. Have you not read it, because you would have the answers.

Or are you continuing to make a false statement like Trump keeps doing?

Basically, if a child is born in the US, it is a citizen if they wish to be. A post yesterday mentioned three exemptions which have nothing to do with the parents being here illegally. What is the problem in understanding the Constitution, especially the 14th Amendment in this case

Reactions: kckd

You need evidence if you are gonna claim they are voting. If you want to fix things to prevent something that's not happening but you think could happen? Fine. Present it as that. But don't say something is happening when there is no proof it is happening.

Lt Daniel Caffey in A Few Good Men: "It doesn't matter what I believe. It only matters what I can prove!"

Obviously Lt. Caffey was not a member of MAGA.
No you need to put protocols in place to keep it from happening. Proof is reactionary and we need a proactive solution.

Reactions: Dawgfan1966
This has all been explained in this thread. Have you not read it, because you would have the answers.

Basically, if a child is born in the US, it is a citizen if they wish to be. A post yesterday mentioned three exemptions which have nothing to do with the parents being here illegally. What is the problem in understanding the Constitution, especially the 14th Amendment in this case

I am sorry for the quick worded response and it did not convey my concerns accurately. I understand what the wording is in the 14th amendment. I am not questioning that at all. I am asking whether you or anyone thinks it should apply to illegal immigrants. If you are here illegally it should not apply(imo).
My major concern is that some may oppose voter ids and steps to keep fraud from occurring. That is why I was saying that proof should not be necessary.
Fraud could happen on both sides. I prefer to have a process in place that limits the chance of that happening.

I am sorry for the quick worded response and it did not convey my concerns accurately. I understand what the wording is in the 14th amendment. I am not questioning that at all. I am asking whether you or anyone thinks it should apply to illegal immigrants. If you are here illegally it should not apply(imo).
My major concern is that some may oppose voter ids and steps to keep fraud from occurring. That is why I was saying that proof should not be necessary.
Fraud could happen on both sides. I prefer to have a process in place that limits the chance of that happening.
I respect your opinion. There are plenty of laws I don't agree with, especially here in Florida, but laws are law until they are changed.

The 14th Amendment doesn't excluse parents who are here illegally, so it most definitely applies to granting citizenship.

• Haha
I respect your opinion. There are plenty of laws I don't agree with, especially here in Florida, but laws are law until they are changed.

The 14th Amendment doesn't excluse parents who are here illegally, so it most definitely applies to granting citizenship.
Do you agree with it or not?
Do you agree with allowing unvetted immigrants crossing the border?

I know the amendment would need to be changed to address these undocumented new citizens. That is the only reason we are having the conversation is because of the massive number of people who we know nothing about coming in and committing crimes, receiving benefits and potentially voting because of our lax voting requirements.

Section 1 of the 14th Amendment grants citizenship to all born in the US. Yes, freed slaves born in the US were granted citizenship (to make that clear). I believe the "subject to the jurisdiction" had to do with people being considered citizens of their state (which was more on an issue back then) and making it clear they were citizens of the US.

Certainly the amendments are part of the Constitution. Maybe you are the one who needs to read the Constitution.
Many slaves were brought into this country illegally by slave traders.

dc52082d-7833-4287-8d84-d400cb930492_text.gif

Just keep telling yourself that! How can you be so dense to what is happening in real time? Ask a Native American if we can trust our government.

wrong again read the article

wrong again read the article
Just because it's the author's opinion doesn't make it right. His last sentence says that Congress should straighten this out, but is there any support from Congress? His opinion was originally published in 2011 and your link is from 2018 so what's happening? I agree now there might be more discussion, but it doesn't change what the 14th Amendment and court cases have said. He said the State Department is wrong - I guess they rushed out to correct their mistake.

He claims that children born to foreign citizens are citizens of their parent's country. I don't know what the laws of other countries are, but these illegal immigrants very unlikely consider themselves citizens of the country they left and the child certainly can renounce that citizenship. The child certainly can renounce the US citizenship and retain some other citizenship they might have, but that's not the issue here.

Why don't you take the time to understand the issue instead of just finding someone who agrees with you. I guess this isn't the first time you have done this. It doesn't make you right.

• Haha
Just because it's the author's opinion doesn't make it right. His last sentence says that Congress should straighten this out, but is there any support from Congress? His opinion was originally published in 2011 and your link is from 2018 so what's happening? I agree now there might be more discussion, but it doesn't change what the 14th Amendment and court cases have said. He said the State Department is wrong - I guess they rushed out to correct their mistake.

He claims that children born to foreign citizens are citizens of their parent's country. I don't know what the laws of other countries are, but these illegal immigrants very unlikely consider themselves citizens of the country they left and the child certainly can renounce that citizenship. The child certainly can renounce the US citizenship and retain some other citizenship they might have, but that's not the issue here.

Why don't you take the time to understand the issue instead of just finding someone who agrees with you. I guess this isn't the first time you have done this. It doesn't make you right.
lets see, how to unwrap such uninformed statements as these,,,,,,,,
1. Check out the authors credentials, much higher than yours or the "experts you see on msnbc, cnn etc.
2. I sir have a very good understanding of the topic, Being the father of a lawyer and and Dr. and husband to a highly educated, high achieving woman that spent a long career in education and has a library that would make some small towns jealous, have a lot of discourse on various topics of public interest. I struggle understanding how many on the left can believe themselves so "enlightened" and come to this board with great fan fare repeating almost word for word the talking points spewed by left leaning media and expect us to believe they have had an original thought on a complex subject. I say nay nay, the only thing we get from the left on this board is a rebroadcast of the far left loony bin propaganda of the day.
3. I'm sorry you have been taken in by the left. I feel sorry for you. If you decide to get off the left wing propaganda and think for yourself I'll be glad to talk with you, but until you do, nope.

Reactions: SprayTanDawg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT