ADVERTISEMENT

Not much to say…

Very frustrating game. Someone in the game thread on the other board said that tonight will have zero bearing on our season. Maybe it will and maybe it won’t. We don’t know. But if we end up at 13-17, tonight will be the first one we remember.

I’ve really enjoyed watching this team in most games this year. That win over tech here on Saturday afternoon a few weeks back… that was the most I’ve enjoyed a win probably since the pandemic. The first win over Alabama, run ruling Tennessee, last Saturday night in Starkville. I’ve really liked this group. Then at other times we do stuff that just makes me angry and irritated. We seem like a very high maintenance smoke show woman. Lot of good and lots of irritation.

This is the worst defensive team I’ve seen since probably 2017 when we had all those freshmen. That part of it just hasn’t gotten better this year. I have to think that’s going to be a focal point next year. It has to be.

Quietly the pitching has improved. Jarvis Evans and Leighton Finley have been good in their last two starts. Zeldin is a dude. I know he gave up the 4-spot, but that guy is tough as nails. We don’t have any depth and I expect a lot runs to be scored tomorrow … well, maybe. Maybe not if Kolten Smith can give us some length. We are pitching better than we were in February and March.

It just doesn’t feel like enough right now. Too many mistakes. And now the injuries are showing up. I really hope Phelps isn’t hurt too badly, but that looked terrible. Dillon Carter was supposed to be your every day CF and he’s (apparently) hurt as well.

We didn’t press a lot of the right buttons in the dugout tonight. That’s going to happen. I will say that Johnson so far has been way better than Stricklin in 2014. Hindsight being 20/20, I wish we’d just let Dylan Goldstein hit instead of asking Josh Stinson to try to get a bunt down. I’m not trying to dog on Stinson, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone get to 3-0 without ever squaring to bunt, then showing bunt and pulling the bat back on the 3-0 pitch (as he did in his last AB).

We’ve played very loose all year. We seemed to get tight a few times tonight. No idea why.

Bad loss tonight. But if we steal one down the road, it’ll balance out. Win tomorrow and we are 7-8 at the halfway point. All things considered that’s not bad and is very attainable.

ND Grill question

Anyone here have experience with a Blaze brand grill?

I’ve searched online and find nothing bad about them, but I can’t help but think that all the glowing recommendations are being posted by the BBQ Guys, who manufacture them.

We were thinking about Coyote, but the sales guy at BBQ Guys was really steering me (understandably) to Blaze.

For background, I’m not a serious grill guy. I want gas because I want to cook when I want to cook and am admittedly a heathen who has no patience for charcoal.

TIA.

Any ideas how we pitch today?

Obviously Zeldin is not available and I wouldn’t think Mracna can go more than 1 inning, maybe 2 given his workload Thursday. He also hasn’t pitched twice on a weekend yet, but given his role at George Mason last year I’m sure that’s not uncharted water for him.

I like Dash’s idea of starting Coleman Willis… wouldn’t expect him to go out there and give you 6 innings, but maybe he can do 2-3. Kolten Smith seems like the guy who is going to have to go some distance today.

I think their pen is in pretty bad shape too. On that basis, you’d think that a lot of runs get scored today, but who knows. We haven’t been particularly strong offensively in the last game on the weekend since we’ve gotten into league play.

Would love to see us try to steal some bases today…

NonDawg Wrap Around Mortgage

Selling my lake home and the buyer wants to do a wraparound mortgage. Any of you Dawg attorneys got any advice.

He is in an all cash business and I am sure he wants to hide money. He is willing to put up $300k and take on the $415k remaining balance with a ballon payoff at 10 years. It is a 3% rate and would be a 2nd home for him.

What are the major risks and is it worth the risks ($50k of realtor fees). He is willing to put 6 months of payments in the bank to draw from as insurance.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT