ADVERTISEMENT

Did you know the moon was made of gas and not cheese?

“You’ve heard the word ‘full moon.’ Sometimes you need to take the opportunity just to come out and see a full moon is that complete rounded circle, which is made up mostly of gases. And that’s why the question is why or how could we as humans live on the moon? Are the gases such that we could do that?”

Representative Sheila Jackson.

The More You Know Fun GIF by megan lockhart
  • Wow
Reactions: blackpug6

Question about NIL Contracts…

Since we’re already past the point of pay for play, with the NCAA basically saying they won’t be pursuing NIL-related cases, why not get more creative with how we structure NIL contracts through the collective? Why not offer NIL deals that require and reward demonstrated commitment to a school? Stipulate that a player must stay at the school for at least two years to begin making real NIL bucks, regardless of performance. And then incentivize performance, as well. To my understanding, the major problem with offering big-time NIL money upfront to unproven players is the risk of upsetting team dynamics, especially among returning players who have been there and demonstrated that commitment to the school. So, start offering players the same big NIL deals as other schools, but structured in a way that lends toward longer-term player buy-in and commitment to the team rather than short-term gratification.

NonDawg College Hoops a Guards' Game?

So when the finals in NCAAT was set I thought, no it looks like the big men are the "biggest" part in winning titles.

Not so fast I say at the end of the game. In the NCAA Championship game, Purdue was basically just big guy Edey. UConn had a very good big guy, but in the end it was UConn's guards/wings dominating Purdue's and winning the championship.

That being said, I would love to have a skilled big guy in the paint to help the guards/wings get open shots and win titles.

For those in the know, is there ANY way that…..

our AD can funnel any of the funds, and I’m talking about ALL of the different funds (TV revenue, $ received from the SEC, $ from ticket sales, $ received from donations, etc) to the football and basketball programs? If not, it seems to me that this approach should be one of the changes that needs to be made with the guidelines of the new college football scene we will have.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT