ADVERTISEMENT

Amazed at the NH voter analysis, on Trump

I am shocked to hear the number of Republican voters, who say, if Trump is the nominee, they will vote for Biden.

I can't wrap my brain around that.

I get not liking Trump. But I don't get going so far, as to vote for Joe Biden.

Wouldn’t you think that the condition this country is in they would have wised up by now. Look at what will be left with another Obama Biden term in office. Your children and grandchildren will pay the price for your ignorance and stubbornness. I personally don’t like his antics but he was a hell of a good President

It's the box the statist Pubs have built for themselves that has turned into a trap. The loyal Pubs told us it was okay to vote for Biden in 2020 because he would restore normalcy. They told us it was okay to stay home instead of voting for Herschel and Oz and then they tried to blame MAGA when those voters did what they endorsed.

So now you have politicians that want their power even though they poll in the single digits trying to recover what they themselves tried to destroy. Love Trump or hate him, you must admit he's captured the Pub base and his vision of America first resonates with a lot of people that historically vote Pub and I would imagine center right dems.

It is the definition of cutting off your nose, to spite your face. And one of my fundamental issues with the Republican Party.

Democrats don't do this.

How many Democrats say, "Ehhhh.....I think I'll vote for the opposition, since our candidate isn't perfect"

This country needs better leadership. I'm not a Trump guy. But he gives us the best chance for improvement in in the White House

Last edited:
There's no way to stop Trump from winning the Republican nomination, which has been evident for months. It's still in doubt, however, as to whether or not he can win the general election, for as mentioned, there's a rather large middle ground that doesn't like him. At some point Republicans are going to have to focus on who can win the general election and not just who can win the Republican nomination. The polls have been very clear on which of the Republican candidates can do that, and at this time, Trump is not one of them. Win the war, not the battle.

Last edited:
I am shocked to hear the number of Republican voters, who say, if Trump is the nominee, they will vote for Biden.

I couldn’t agree more. I don’t get it, but there are several posters who have said they will not vote for Trump right here. My only hope is this time around they won’t vote for Biden either. I totally get the feeling of not wanting to vote for Trump. But voting for Biden is embarrassing for anyone. Tells you how bad the two candidates are. I can’t imagine wanting to admit you voted for a guy (Biden)with the lowest approval rating EVER, for a president running for reelection. Even lower than Carter’s. A lot of denial from the left out there. Especially the elitist left, but that point is really hard to argue.

It is the definition of cutting off your nose, to spite your face. And one of my fundamental issues with the Republican Party.

Democrats don't do this.

How many Democrats say, "Ehhhh.....I think I'll vote for the opposition, since our candidate isn't perfect"

This country needs better leadership. I'm not a Trump guy. But he gives us the best chance for improvement in in the White House
My hope for Trump is that the MAGA movement completely remakes the Republican Party so we don’t have these issues anymore and we get an actual party that looks out for Americans.

I don’t think he wins in 2024 but maybe the Republican Party as it has existed for the last 70 years is gone forever.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
There's no way to stop Trump from winning the Republican nomination, which has been evident for months. It's still in doubt, however, as to whether or not he can win the general election, for as mentioned, there's a rather large middle ground that doesn't like him. At some point Republicans are going to have to focus on who can win the general election and not just who can win the Republican nomination. The polls have been very clear on which of the Republican candidates can do that, and at this time, Trump is not one of them. Win the war, not the battle.
Pretty sure that is what the Pubs have been trying to do for decades and the slide left continues regardless of which Pub takes office. The Pub base has never been in love with neos but faithfully voted for them even though we were holding our noses. Iows if you are a fan of liberty and federalism, Nikki and Christie will simply get you more uniparty.

I couldn’t agree more. I don’t get it, but there are several posters who have said they will not vote for Trump right here. My only hope is this time around they won’t vote for Biden either. I totally get the feeling of not wanting to vote for Trump. But voting for Biden is embarrassing for anyone. Tells you how bad the two candidates are. I can’t imagine wanting to admit you voted for a guy (Biden)with the lowest approval rating EVER, for a president running for reelection. Even lower than Carter’s. A lot of denial from the left out there. Especially the elitist left, but that point is really hard to argue.

Exactly. How could anyone vote for Joe Biden? If nothing else, the border is a disaster and a direct threat to our national security. As you mentioned, ended 2023 with the lowest approval rating, of any President, at this stage, in modern history.

not sure where you got the info.....if it's another poll, I have a tendency not to believe them. I seem to remember that Trump was behind in them in '16 by double digits.

If it is an article, I have a tendency not to believe them either. A lot of game playing going on. Don't know for sure......but guessing the opposition (dem) wants Trump supporters to believe Haley is a better candidate for a reason.

Me.....I just tune all that shat out and vote.

Reactions: DawglegrightinSC
the Republican Party as it has existed for the last 70 years
That Republican party was built to win elections.
not sure where you got the info.....if it's another poll, I have a tendency not to believe them. I seem to remember that Trump was behind in them in '16 by double digits.

If it is an article, I have a tendency not to believe them either. A lot of game playing going on. Don't know for sure......but guessing the opposition (dem) wants Trump supporters to believe Haley is a better candidate for a reason.

Me.....I just tune all that shat out and vote.
this is probably the way to go -

It's not that there aren't good writers, and there are good polls too - but telling the good ones (by good here I mean accurate) from the bad has gotten more difficult as the money involved in electioneering has impacted corporate media conglomerates, who spin ceaselessly for all four years of the election cycle

That Republican party was built to win elections.

this is probably the way to go -

It's not that there aren't good writers, and there are good polls too - but telling the good ones (by good here I mean accurate) from the bad has gotten more difficult as the money involved in electioneering has impacted corporate media conglomerates, who spin ceaselessly for all four years of the election cycle
I genuinely do not care that the Republican Party taking marching orders from former Trotsky disciples like Bill Buckley was sometimes effective at winning election during the time the national democrat party betrayed the solid south.

I care how they govern and what they do for me and mine and the Neoconservatives have been utterly disastrous.

I genuinely do not care that the Republican Party taking marching orders from former Trotsky disciples like Bill Buckley was sometimes effective at winning election during the time the national democrat party betrayed the solid south.

I care how they govern and what they do for me and mine and the Neoconservatives have been utterly disastrous.
so - just so I understand - when was the country Great Before in your mind?

Reactions: shonuff253

AMEN and that's the problem with Trump he refuses to understand that you can catch more flyes with honey than vinegar

Reactions: GarrDawg
AMEN and that's the problem with Trump he refuses to understand that you can catch more flyes with honey than vinegar
He’s definitely not a “politician” and never will be one imo…….but that works 2 ways.

What exactly are you struggling with? One believes in our system of government and one has proven very clearly that he doesn’t. Trump is currently defending himself against 91 felony counts by arguing absolute presidential immunity. His position, as stated by his legal team in court, is that the president is above the law. That’s fundamentally anti-American and thankfully even many of those who hate Biden and the Dems have no stomach for it because history is replete with the lessons of what happens when a ruler is above the law. It never ends well.

What exactly are you struggling with? One believes in our system of government and one has proven very clearly that he doesn’t. Trump is currently defending himself against 91 felony counts by arguing absolute presidential immunity. His position, as stated by his legal team in court, is that the president is above the law. That’s fundamentally anti-American and thankfully even many of those who hate Biden and the Dems have no stomach for it because history is replete with the lessons of what happens when a ruler is above the law. It never ends well.

You think Joe Biden believes in our system of government?
The border says hi.

That line of thinking always makes me smh. I vote for who is best for the country/best policies for me. I think people feel threatened by Trump. First they say he lies too much, then find out biden leaves him in the dust in the amount of lies told and continues to tell. Say he is a grifter only to find out biden was worth about 100k b4 his vice prez days. Now worth millions of dollars on a govt salary. Remember Trump donated his prez salary. Calls Trump a rapist without any proof but watches biden pinch a little girls nipple on live tv. Trump was great for the country on his policies. Is he a smooth politician? no thank goodness. But I think that is what these people want. A smooth talker, uses big words to make them think he is smarter than them/us. But biden is a liar, senile and bad for the country, when people finally admit it we will be alot better.

Are you referring to the NH primary? That is an open primary and these "Republican voters" are democrats who voted for Trikki Nikki, which is why they are saying they will vote for the incumbent vegetable.

Maybe a few of the die hard RINO's could be quoted as saying this as well, but in NH specifically, the media is interviewing Dems who voted in the Repub. primary.

I think you are confusing policy differences with an organized attempt to disrupt the peaceful transfer of power to the winner of the last election.
It’s not just policy Wilbur. And again, what day and at what time did Trump leave the whitehouse? I would hate to employ you in my organization if you honestly believe 1/6 was well organized. Lol. What about Biden selling out the country for personal gain? You know you are as wrong about that as you were/are about Trump and Russia collusion. Lol, you want us to respect your opinions when you get your info from a lying dimocrats political hit piece called the Steele Dossier and other communist rags such as the NYT/Wapo/the Atlantic, or some twitter twit no one else has ever heard of, all while dismissing anything you communist equate as right wing which just means it doesn’t agree with your parties lies and propaganda. Yeah, we should all listen to you! NOT.

1. Dims support baby murder
2. Dims support the sexualization of children
3. Dims support forcing the lgqtxyz on school children
4. Dims will not protect our borders
5. Dims are anti Christian anti Family
6. Biden is a sleazy pedophile as you have witnessed on multiple occasions
7. Biden is a raciest
8. Biden is a career liar and politician with no useful skills
9. Biden is a puppet of the far left wing of the dim party which are all MAO sympathizers.

I say if the above represents you. Vote for Biden. If not vote Biden out.

I think you are confusing policy differences with an organized attempt to disrupt the peaceful transfer of power to the winner of the last election.
Most conservatives, including myself think Trump went to far post Election 2020 with his decent. I don't blame all of J-6 on Trump, but i do think he certainly crossed the line with his calls and comments to VP Prince. I also think he crossed the line with the alternate electorates and alike. Moreover we don't like much of his rhetoric either. its silly and beneath the dignity of the President of the United States. We agree with him on some of his policies, we disagree on others. Probably agree with 80% or so.

However you seem to dismiss the shortcomings / issues / illegality of Biden. To name a few:

1. Let the US be invaded on Southern Border for 3 years and would have been no pushback from the left if Texas had not started shipping the illegals to New York and Chicago.
2. He is COMPLICIT with his brother and son in foreign money shakedown. We have seen enough to know what occured. Anything the left says otherwise is just noise, they know what occurred.
3. He is at best at old man with moderate to above memory loss, thus we have NO idea who is making the day to day decisions much less the strategic ones.

Moreover, I'm can't agree with most any of his policy decisions, most likely in the 10% range.

I understand folks saying they can't vote for Trump, however i don't understand moderate conservatives saying they can't vote for Trump but can vote for Biden. You are voting far someone who you agree with 20% or so at max.

That being said, Trump contributes to his dislike by not toning it down. He does not stay on point or focus. He attacks when it would be better if he just shook his head and remained quiet. He should bury the hatchet with Pense, his former AG, Kemp and several more moderates and stay on reasonably good behavior. at this point he has a 48% chance to win this election as i don't think minorities are going to pour out is 2024 with absentee voting or alike.

The question is this: If Biden is the worst POTUS in history and you can win the election with any other candidate, why are you nominating the one that gives Biden a chance? Since every Republican believes the first part, that means that the majority are more than willing to risk the second part. Makes no sense.

The question is this: If Biden is the worst POTUS in history and you can win the election with any other candidate, why are you nominating the one that gives Biden a chance? Since every Republican believes the first part, that means that the majority are more than willing to risk the second part. Makes no sense.

I'm not sold on the idea that Republicans can win, no matter who they nominate. Despite his unpopularity, Democrats will rally around Biden. The Republicans are not as unified.

Trump stands a better chance than Haley, in my opinion.

I'm not sold on the idea that Republicans can win, no matter who they nominate. Despite his unpopularity, Democrats will rally around Biden. The Republicans are not as unified.

Of course not. Let's defy logic. We have real questions about a guy at this age serving as president with all his stammering around, confusing names, trouble walking, etc. So let's nominate and elect someone almost the same age who does the same things and waited hours to do or say anything about the attack on the Capitol. Makes perfect sense.

My point all along.
You can have all the policies that people claim to love without all the daily drama and possibly voting for a convicted felon.
That's why I have said the MAGA base (not all rep), are in the cult of Trump.
They want NO ONE but him.
There is NOTHING he could do or say to ever even make them think of losing thier support.

If Biden is the worst POTUS in history”??…..possible, but Jimmy Carter gave him a run for the money (inflation). But in Carter’s defense, I felt safer when he was in office (border). Also, what scares me more than Biden is the Kamala connection.

you can win the election with any other candidate”??……possibly, but it seems that most like Trump, what his policies are/were and where inflation was when he was in office. seeing/experiencing is believing.

the other candidates are unproven & maybe Trump’s “unkindness” or him hurting somes feelings is not so bad after all. maybe some would rather have a little change in their pockets and to feel a little safer.

since every Republican believes the first part”??……that is a generalization.

I know if it comes down to those two who I’m voting for….and I believe the majority will also.

Trump’s bluntness, ego or rudeness has ever bothered me….just need someone to get the job done, to clean it up….and it’s probably gonna take a non-politician again who is not afraid to step on some toes.

I’ve seen enough of politicians in my lifetime.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

No way, not in the general election.
Trump lost in 20.
What has changed with Trump since then that would make someone that didn't vote for him then, vote for him now?
Biden is God-awful, but Trump is the ONLY one that gives Biden a chance.
If Biden does indeed go back in, it will because of the MAGA base and the refusal to give other Rep candidates a chance.
All that being said, I think the election is a toss up, but Haley would win bigly as Trump likes to say.

Do you get why he's your nominee again? Thought you were ready to move on. BTW, in terms of approval ratings, Trump is still the only POTUS ever to never have an approval rating of 50 or greater at any time he was in office. That's the best you could do for a candidate. Kind of telling.

“If Biden is the worst POTUS in history”??…..possible, but Jimmy Carter gave him a run for the money (inflation). But in Carter’s defense, I felt safer when he was in office (border). Also, what scares me more than Biden is the Kamala connection.

you can win the election with any other candidate”??……possibly, but it seems that most like Trump, what his policies are/were and where inflation was when he was in office. seeing/experiencing is believing.

the other candidates are unproven & maybe Trump’s “unkindness” or him hurting somes feelings is not so bad after all. maybe some would rather have a little change in their pockets and to feel a little safer.

since every Republican believes the first part”??……that is a generalization.

I know if it comes down to those two who I’m voting for….and I believe the majority will also.

His bluntness, ego or rudeness has ever bothered me….just need someone to get the job done, to clean it up….and it’s probably gonna take a non-politician again who is not afraid to step on some toes.

I’ve seen enough of poly in my lifetime.
The Republicans who are most adamant that Biden is the worst of all-time are also the most adamant "it's Trump and no one else" guys and gals. That's the conundrum. It's the very ones who say Biden is worse than Hitler who are willing to risk Hitler getting elected so they can elect little Jesus.

Do you get why he's your nominee again? Thought you were ready to move on. BTW, in terms of approval ratings, Trump is still the only POTUS ever to never have an approval rating of 50 or greater at any time he was in office. That's the best you could do for a candidate. Kind of telling.
Did you read my entire post of just pick some high points. It wasn’t that long a post. Right there in the middle I said, it tells you how bad the two candidates are. We have two. I am not picking Biden. He is one foot from the grave. The whole world is coming apart because he does the old man shuffle and can barely enunciate anymore in front of the camera.

Also, as the president you should answer to the people. Not one q and a session with potato brain That is literally the definition of a dictator when no one holds you accountable. Even Trump town halled in May for cnn. Answered 30 gotcha questions. There is just a huge difference. Trump is old too. But one guy is a foot from the grave.

His policies also suck. Trump wants to fix the border and lower everyday prices on goods. If he lives up to that, it is a pretty good start. I don’t like him at all, but those policies align more with me than wanting people to share their homes with illegal immigrants. Kckd. You can’t possibly think Biden’s policies are good for this country. You are too smart for that. If you believe Trump wants to steal the democratic ways of this country too and be a dictator. I can’t help you. 36 percent job approval. Worst ever. Worse than Carter. That sure inspires four more years. If I get to vote in a primary I will write someone in. But I doubt I get that choice. Otherwise. Feel free to embarrass yourself at the poll again. Or just don’t vote.

(Best you could do for a candidate? Haha. You don’t even have a full human on the other side. lol)

Last edited:
The Republicans who are most adamant that Biden is the worst of all-time are also the most adamant "it's Trump and no one else" guys and gals. That's the conundrum. It's the very ones who say Biden is worse than Hitler who are willing to risk Hitler getting elected so they can elect little Jesus.
aYhSeI.gif

Reactions: DerkDawg1027
Oh….thought you said “every Republican”, it certainly read that way.

FWIW, pretty sure I’ve never heard anyone say that Biden is worse than Hitler. I certainly see no comparison.

You can’t group all together, it’s an exaggeration.

your surprised that someone who is running on promises of revenge and retribution is not a viable candidate to many who view themselves conservative/moderate?

i asked a couple days ago where in the Bible it says to take revenge on your enemies? Nobody bothered to point me to those chapters, and i cant figure out why………

Almost every every week i read another article on Christians being turned off enough to not bother voting, and i wonder why……..

its no longer the Republican party, its Trumpism. That’s what everybody else sees, but trump followers are completely blind to this reality , or they are the types that totally want revenge and retribution, all the while shaming, labeling, and demeaning anyone else, even people supposedly on their team……

republicans themselves were the ones saying that trump would be the end of the party 7 yrs ago……they were right

Did you read my entire post of just pick some high points. It wasn’t that long a post. Right there in the middle I said, it tells you how bad the two candidates are. We have two. I am not picking Biden. He is one foot from the grave. The whole world is coming apart because he does the old man shuffle and can barely enunciate anymore in front of the camera.

Also, as the president you should answer to the people. Not one q and a session with potato brain That is literally the definition of a dictator when no one holds you accountable. Even Trump town halled in May for cnn. Answered 30 gotcha questions. There is just a huge difference. Trump is old too. But one guy is a foot from the grave.

His policies also suck. Trump wants to fix the border and lower everyday prices on goods. If he lives up to that, it is a pretty good start. I don’t like him at all, but those policies align more with me than wanting people to share their homes with illegal immigrants. Kckd. You can’t possibly think Biden’s policies are good for this country. You are too smart for that. If you believe Trump wants to steal the democratic ways of this country too and be a dictator. I can’t help you. 36 percent job approval. Worst ever. Worse than Carter. That sure inspires four more years. If I get to vote in a primary I will write someone in. But I doubt I get that choice. Otherwise. Feel free to embarrass yourself at the poll again. Or just don’t vote.

(Best you could do for a candidate? Haha. You don’t even have a full human on the other side. lol)
You, as in the Republican party, was ready to move on. You. as in you, were pretty adamant at one time he wouldn't be the nominee. There have been plenty of opportunities to move on. The politicians wanted to do so after Jan. 6th, but the people didn't want to. So they had to tone down their rhetoric and start acting like it wasn't a big deal. You know, they lock themselves in a basement two or three times a year when police are escorting visitor's inside the Capitol.

He's there because you (as in a majority of you all) want him there. Sad. And if you lose, you'll have nothing to blame but you all.

your surprised that someone who is running on promises of revenge and retribution is not a viable candidate to many who view themselves conservative/moderate?

i asked a couple days ago where in the Bible it says to take revenge on your enemies? Nobody bothered to point me to those chapters, and i cant figure out why………

Almost every every week i read another article on Christians being turned off enough to not bother voting, and i wonder why……..

its no longer the Republican party, its Trumpism. That’s what everybody else sees, but trump followers are completely blind to this reality , or they are the types that totally want revenge and retribution, all the while shaming, labeling, and demeaning anyone else, even people supposedly on their team……

republicans themselves were the ones saying that trump would be the end of the party 7 yrs ago……they were right
Must have missed that one………where did he “promises of revenge and retribution”.

Where is that quote??

Must have missed that one………where did he “promises of revenge and retribution”.

Where is that quote??

Yeah, you missed it.

At the beginning of his 2024 campaign, Donald Trump promised to avenge his enemies during a second term, telling a gathering of conservative activists: “I am your retribution.”

But he didn't quote him. So you must not have understood what you read. But I'm quoting him here. He definitely used retribution.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT