ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Apparently there is a “mystery team” in on Blake Snell.

He is getting close to having to take a short term contract because his market isn’t what he and Boras think it should be. The draft pick compensation tied to him being the reason. No chance this is a Dallas Keuchal situation where he signs after the draft, but I still can’t believe it’s March and the reigning Cy Young champ is still out there. What does is salary demands for one year have to get down to for AA to reach out? I’m assuming we’re tapped out at the moment, but it’s fun to think about.

SECN+ games

First of all, I am glad we have TV access to almost all of the games. But I have to say, I much prefer the telecast when Jeff and JD are broadcasted in real time. The SECN guys are just lifeless. I really wish the SECN would just feature the home team radio guys when the games are on SECN+ and then use ESPN broadcasters when the games are on the regular networks. I have tried syncing the TV broadcast with the Georgia app but that becomes such a hassle because you have to do it after every commercial break.

NEW STORY New revelations on the likely inception of spring practice at UGA

When was the beginning of spring football practice at the University of Georgia?

A long, long time ago, and maybe even longer ago than most folks would think. For the full story:

Postgame Analysis: Game 31 - Auburn

There has been talk all year about being closer in games and being more competitive, but bottom line is our conference record is the exact same as it was last year, 6-12. Last year we finished 11th in the conference, this year we finished tied for 11th in the conference. Are we better this year? Yes. But we don't have much to show for it.

The book seems to be out on UGA. Swarm our wings and make them take really contested threes, take your chances every where else. Other players besides the wings are putting up bigger numbers but it's not enough to propel us to W's. Our three point shooting from our wings has been pretty abysmal the last 8-10 games and our record has shown as much once those numbers went down.

Tonight we fought and played hard as we always do. We just didn't have the playmakers Auburn did. I'm not going to say Auburn was toying with us. It wasn't that, we made Auburn play hard the whole time. It just didn't feel like Auburn had to be completely locked in on us. The intensity wasn't quite there from them. They kept us at arms length and cruised to a 14 point W.

Stats of the night:
Assists
Uga - 9
Auburn - 29

That was by far the biggest stat of the night. They worked the ball around for nice clean looks and we dribbled the ball a lot.

Demary with a nice shooting night. 3 for 3 from deep. The problem is he finishes with only 18 threes for the year. But great to see him be knock down tonight. We would have really been hurting without those 3 threes.

Tchewa with 14 points and 10 rebounds. Good stat night, although he did have 4 turnovers. But teams seem content to let him try and create offense and see what happens.

I personally didn't have Sunahara getting 19 minutes tonight on my bingo card, so that was a surprise. I'm not sure there is much more to say about the lineups. It will be interesting to see what we do Wednesday.

Two points of excitement. We are in a tournament on Wednesday and thats exciting. Anything can happen there. Also, portal officially commences in 9 days.

Go Dawgs!

Fun fact: if you feel like life in general used to be a lot better, it's not your imagination. 1983 the median income...

was 24,580. That would translate into 77,414 today

Today, the median income is 44,225. Just 57% of what the median income was in '83 when adjusted for inflation.

It dawned on me recently when I noticed people in Kirkwood and Decatur paying waaaaay too much to live like regular people did in the early 80's.

Also, I think standards were just generally better then, too. I remember people wearing suits when they went to chain restaurants like Sizzler, Western Sizzlin and Steak & Ale. I couldn't imagine that level of pride in going to a Applebee's. Applebee's is really only good for Dollaritas and watching someone getting beat up for no good reason.

Question on Etienne...

I have a question regarding his pass protection. We know he was basically the #2 RB at FU. Gator fans say that he struggles in pass pro, which would be a valid reason for him to be #2 IMO.

What do we know about his problems in pass pro? Is he really weak at pass pro? If so, is it willingness? Technique? Toughness? Other?

@brollinspff have you studied any film on this? Do you have any plans for a film don't lie on this?

Magill Society Question

My wife and I have been discussing joining the Magill Society (entry level ha) we already pay $3500 a year in donations and tickets etc. Was wondering if making the jump to the tier 1 level ($25,000 over 5 years) was worth the investment. We can afford it, just wanted to hear from you all on the perks of this move and anything that I should be aware of in regards to The Magill Society.

Thanks everyone!

Go Dawgs!
Reactions: Red Pants

UPDATE Looks like G-Day is set for 1 p.m.

ESPN PROGRAMMING SCHEDULE – COLLEGE FOOTBALL SPRING GAMES

DateTime (ET)College Football Spring ProgrammingPlatform
Sat, Mar 162 p.m.Missouri: Black & Gold Spring GameESPN+/SECN+
Sat, Apr 61 p.m.Clemson Spring GameESPN+/ACCNX
2 p.m.NC State Spring GameACC Network
Sat, Apr 1311 a.m.Houston: Red & White Spring GameBig 12 Now on ESPN+
NoonBoston College: Jay McGillis Memorial Spring GameACC Network
1 p.m.Georgia: G-DayESPN+/SECN+
1 p.m.Georgia Tech: White & Gold Spring GameESPN+/ACCNX
1 p.m.Florida: Orange & Blue GameESPN+/SECN+
1 p.m.Tennessee: Orange & White GameESPN+/SECN+
1 p.m.Kentucky: Blue-White Spring GameESPN+/SECN+