ADVERTISEMENT

Good Morning Dawg Nation

Hello Monday.....

NIL is depressing. The end.

Caitlin Clark didn't get it done.

Diamond Dawgs lose by one.

Now on to the positive stuff.....

Beck looks amazing, Arian Smith is clicking, kicking game is stout, GDay is coming and the Dawgs look like contenders again this year.

Some good stuff on the Vent this weekend. Really appreciate those that get to see practice or are connected like @cassiegracesdad that come on and give their observations and/or answer questions. That's one of the things I love about ugasports.com.....

And you guys and gals are the icing on the cake!

As always....Prayers for all those in need, spoken and unspoken, and especially for my GMDN friends.

Happy Birthday/Anniversary if you're celebrating today 🎉🎉

Love you guys and gals, MEAN IT.....

Go Dawgs ❤️

April

Masters Pool...need expert advice...

Buddy's are putting together a Masters pool. I used to golf but have played once or twice in 10 years - and only watched occasionally (e.g. majors...or if someone else is watching).
I don't know the players like I once did - so coming to the DV for some expertise. Looking to pick 6 golfers...best 4 counted. Those who don't make the cut or finish all the rounds get 80 for the rounds not completed. Any recs or insight is appreciated.

Another day another SG contact for UGA: Javon Small Oklahoma State

Oklahoma State transfer Javon Small has heard from the following schools since entering the Transfer Portal…

Texas
Kansas
Louisville
Michigan
Oklahoma
Ole Miss
Kansas State
Mississippi State
Texas Tech
Indiana
LSU
Georgia
Villanova
Xavier
Arizona State
Villanova
Cincinnati
TCU
Texas A&M
Georgetown
Miami
Baylor

15.7 points, 4.7 rebounds, 4.1 assists, and 1.0 steals this season.

Login to view embedded media

My Final Four pics (prior to the game tonight) ... plus one with a Georgia Bulldog tie-in

Some pics I took of my Final Four experience so far

... one of the pics has a Georgia Bulldog tie-in (since it is in the place where the Cardinals play)

Also in the Bill Raftery pic we are talking about Asa Newell... so it also has a Georgia tie

Attachments

• Final Four - 1.jpg
    Final Four - 1.jpg
    504.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Final Four - 4.jpg
    Final Four - 4.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 23
  • Final Four - 3 (trippi).jpg
    Final Four - 3 (trippi).jpg
    604.5 KB · Views: 20

ESPN loves them some Angel Reese....

what is it about spoiled, ill-mannered, America-hating, pseudo-celebrity women athletes who whine about their self inflicted wounds that ESPN loves sooooooo much?

Every program I saw today on their network just went out of their way to kiss her ass and coddle that waste of human consumption so they could justify her, once again, shitty behavior after the game last night.

She's so brave.......🤮

College Hoops Basketball GIF by NCAA March Madness

Insider Note What we heard about Georgia's second scrimmage

Here is what we were told.

Carson Beck was on fire.

Beck was spreading this ball around, with particular success throwing to Arian Smith and Dominic Lovett.

Wide receivers RaRa Thomas, Dillon Bell and Anthony Evans had their moments as well with Beck distributing the ball. The tall wideout transfer from Miami, Colbie Young, has some red zone grabs. Many of you predicted that. Well done. Seems he made a bigger impression in scrimmage 2 than last week.

We saw it in high school but it was emphasized today: Sacovie White has "big-time quickness" in the words of one observer.

Gunner Stockton had mostly a solid day but gave up a bad decision to Daylen Everette who picked off Stockton. Speaking of Everette, he also blocked a field goal attempt by the second team field goal unit.

Five-star freshman Ellis Robinson also blocked a field goal.

Brett Thorson continues to be special. If you missed his interview earlier this week, go watch it.

Georgia used both Anthony Evans and five-star freshman KJ Bolden as kick returners. Both looked good but it was not live tackling.

For the tailbacks, Rob Robinson, Cash Jones, and Andrew Paul all looked good. Paul broke off a long run versus the third team.

Trevor Etienne saw some action and had a really nice burst of speed. He didn't play at all last week.

True freshman Chauncey Bowens is a power back.

Tight end Oscar Delp, Lawson Luckie, Jaden Reddell, and Colton Heinrich all looked solid in middle of the field catches.

The defensive line seemed to play the run better this week but as you can tell above it looked like there were a lot more passes called.

Justin Williams, KJ Bolden, and Ellis Robinson are starting to show why they were so highly touted.

Overall, the impression that was passed along was that this team has lots of size, tons of speed and is very competitive in practice. No going through the motions with Smart on the watch.

The offensive line would have made today hard for any defense. Beck's knowledge and talent adds to their effectiveness. It is hard to say whether anyone should be worried about the defense when Beck knows where to go and has so many playmakers.

Please do not copy and paste these notes elsewhere. Or the notes of other insiders. Last week, some folks/"journalists" took our notes and shared them. That is not cool to your fellow subscribers.

Funding the problem (NIL) will not lead to FIXING the problem

I would hate for UGA to drop off over lack of funding by fans and donors. But this goes for the entire sport. It will get worse if we all fall in line. There will never be enough. The opposite needs to happen. I’m willing to watch the sport I love crumble before I buy into this process. Demand structure. Write letters. Talk to whoever you can and hold the people conducting this sh** show accountable.

You know who won’t be losing money? Universities, media and conferences. While you get to pay $300 a ticket for a new concession stand, fund new facility assets that don’t matter anymore and fund the players as well that might leave in a year.

Most impactful players 2024

1) Beck (Heisman winner)
2) going crazy here but CJ ALLEN (QB of defense)
3) lovett (Kirby don't just say stuff) but is he better than bell??
4) starks...I wanted to say Etienne but I think he is more replaceable than starks and I want to see rod rob a lot
5) etienne but I am not confident here. If he is at swifts level then yes just not sure and overall I think we will be at worst same as last couple years
6) Greene
7) Wilson
8) Mikhael
9) hall, miller or stackhouse....someone!!!
10) freak...Arian smith (yep I said it), nitro, bolden, Evans 3, demello

And the luckie kid might just be a freak too..

I don't know how it tells but imo this team has the best most evenly distributed talent ever

NonDawg Another "what's good to eat in ......" thread. Panama City, FL Calypso area (Pier Park area)

So I have scored free use of a condo in this area, I haven't been to PCB in forever, area was redneck as hell in my teenage years, but free is free. Now that I'm mid-50s I need to know what's good around this area that's not a tourist trap. Reviews are always suspicious when tourists provide them and I'd rather have feedback from locals that really know what's what down there.

So what/where should I avoid foodwise or anything else for that matter? FYI, this will not be a family trip. The girlfriend will keep me "sequestered" iykwim, but gotta come up for food at some point.

I'll hang up and listen.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT