ADVERTISEMENT

NIL thought...

Just a thought, and it may have already been answered before but what is stopping a school from just paying the 50-55 (53 NFL roster) best players they can get to field a team and just get athletic students who would love to get a free education to fill out the rest of the 85 spots. Basically making the non-NIL students the college version of a practice squad. If the NFL can field a team of 53 then I’m sure colleges can too. I’m just thinking there's no need to pay players you know will be redshirted and not an immediate contributor. If we cut the NIL roster down by 30 or so players then that’s a lot more money to pay those guys that contribute to winning on game day. Coaches like Kirby would have to change their practice philosophies as far as physicality goes and roster management but what is stopping this from happening?

4-04 to 4-06 Portal Updates

4-02

UGA Contacts/Social Media Follows

Contacts
PG Leland Walker Eastern Kentucky JR 6-1 (Contact) (Visiting Indiana, DePaul)
CG *Kanaan Carlyle Stanford SO 6-3 185 (Contact) (Visited Georgia Tech, visited UGA last week)
CG *Jason Edwards North Texas JR 6-0 170 (UGA contact)
CG Adou Thiero Kentucky JR 6-8 222 (Contact)
SG *Tyrin Lawrence Vanderbilt Grad transfer 6-4 200 (Contact)(Social Media 3 coaches)(Visit or Phone Visit)
SG *Dakota Leffew Mount St. Mary’s Grad transfer 6-5 185 (Contact) (Social Media)
SG De’Shayne Montgomery Mount St. Mary’s SO 6-4 190 (Contact) (Social Media)
SG Greg Gordon Iona Grad transfer 6-5 210 (Contact)
SG Sincere Parker St. Louis SR 6-3 195 (Contact)
SG Cade Tyson Belmont 6-7 (Contact)
PF Mikeal Brown Jones UNCG Grad transfer 6-8 220 (Contact)
PF Sam Alexis UTC JR 6-9 230 (Contact) (Probable UGA visit, along with Providence, South Carolina, Mississippi Florida, Xavier and Arkansas)
C Trey Edmonds UTSA SR 6-10 255 (Contact)
C Brandon Garrison Oklahoma State SO 6-11 245 ( Contact)
C Pharrel Payne Minnesota JR 6-9 255 (Contact)
C John Hughley Oklahoma SR 6-10 275 (Contact)

Social Media Follows

PG Arturo Dean FIU JR 5-11 163 (Social Media)
CG Bensley Joseph Miami JR 6-2 196 (Social Media) (Visiting St. John’s)
CG Kobe Johnson USC SR 6-6 200 (Social Media)
SG Jlynn Counter IUPU SR 6-3 185 (Social Media)
SG Chaz Lanier North Florida SR 6-4 199 (Social Media)
SG Jordan Derkack Merrimack JR 6-5 205 (Social Media)
SG Grant Huffman Davidson Grad transfer 6-4 190 (Social Media)
SF Trevor Baskin 6-9 Colorado Mesa (Social Media)
PF Xavier Amos NIU JR 6-8 215 (Social Media)
PF Mawot Mag Rutgers Grad transfer 6-7 216 (Social Media)
PF Jacksen Moni Northern State SR 6-10 224 (Social Media)
PF William Kyle South Dakota State SO 6-9 (Social Media)(Visiting Nebraska)
PF Justin Abson Appalachian State SO 6-9 230 (Social Media)
C Jeremy Foumena Rhode Island SO 6-11 235 (Social Media)

*From Georgia

Players following UGA coaches on social media

Montgomery, Derkack, Huffman, Moni, Lanier, Leffew

Committed Elsewhere

To Missouri SF Jacob Crews UT Martin SR 6-8 210 (Contact)

To Maryland PG Ja’Kobe Gillespie Belmont (Contact)

To Xavier SG Marcus Foster Furman (Contact)

UGA not in his final five Jordan Sears CG UT Martin (Contact)

SEC

Crews SF UT Martin to Missouri
Marshall SF Mississippi to Arkansas State
Carter SG Kansas State to LSU
Carey PF James Madison to Vanderbilt
Clary SG Penn State to Mississippi State
Pinion SG Arkansas to Arkansas State
Kugel SG Florida to Kansas
Johnson PG South Carolina to Ohio State

Other SEC Entries

AR Blocker PG
AR Davis CG
AR Harris SF
AR Menifield PG
AU Johnson CG
KY Thiero SG
LS Wilkinson SF
MI Barnes PF
OK Hughley C
OK Oweh SG
OK Uzan PK
OK McClellan SG
SC Dibba SG
TX Anamekwe PF
VA Dort C
VA Lawrence SG
VA Lewis PG
VA Rivera-Torres SG
VA Smith SF
VA Lang PF

UPDATE Ryan Montgomery timeline update

The four-star quarterback is now planning to commit in early May.

One official visit to the school of choice will follow.

Georgia had been scheduled to receive an official visit, but that now looks like it won’t happen unless the Bulldogs are the choice. I don’t expect them to be unless they commit to Montgomery being their guy. I don’t see that happening, but we’ll see.

Anybody on here, get to go to the Final Four when UGA hosted it in 1977. I saw a little blip in the

Newsletter and my Dad ordered 4 tickets. We had pretty good seats. It was NC, Marquette, UNLV and UNCC. Al Wood and Phil Ford for UNC, Marquette had Butch Lee, Reggie Theus played for UNLV and Cornbread Maxwell for UNCC. It was Al McGuires final year and only championship. The summer before we came up to See UCLA vs Tenn at the Omni. UCLA had Marrques Johnson, UT had King and Bernie Grundfield and Johnny Varden.

10 out of 11

Is the number of games UGA has won over Auburn in as many yrs.

I know you know this.

I just dont want you to forget it.

118November 15, 2014Athens, GANo. 16 Georgia34#9 Auburn7
119November 14, 2015Auburn, ALGeorgia20Auburn13
120November 12, 2016Athens, GAGeorgia13No. 8 Auburn7
121November 11, 2017Auburn, ALNo. 10 Auburn40No. 1 Georgia17
122December 2, 2017Atlanta, GAANo. 6 Georgia28No. 2 Auburn7
123November 10, 2018Athens, GANo. 5 Georgia27#24 Auburn10
124November 16, 2019Auburn, ALNo. 4 Georgia21#12 Auburn14
125October 3, 2020Athens, GANo. 4 Georgia27#7 Auburn6
126October 9, 2021Auburn, ALNo. 2 Georgia34#18 Auburn10
127October 8, 2022Athens, GANo. 2 Georgia42Auburn10
128September 30, 2023Auburn, ALNo. 1 Georgia27Auburn20

And the national champion is?????

Make It Rain Money GIF by Tim and Eric

Finally sports,,..... pro and even cough amateur are about which team has the most green.

we always knew it influenced sports but now buying winning is super accepted.

Should players be bound by their agreements? If they accept an offer, a scholarship, money etc should they have to pay back for anything they get but don't deliver on?

Also could an entire team fake like they are leaving, take NIL from other programs and then return to their original team just to kill another program? Is there a law or rule against it?

Question for Elevator, but anyone else can chime in also…..

especially any former college or HS basketball players. Would one of the top NCAA women’s coaches, man or woman, be successful coaching men’s colleges teams? I feel strongly that they would be knowledgeable enough, knowing the game inside out. I believe they could make the transition to coaching men’s teams because the fundamentals are the same offensively, defensively, rebounding, passing, setting pics, etc. The only question I have is would the college men players accept being coached by a former women’s coach, whether that coach be a man or woman? Would he/she be respected by men players?

Elite?

With the exception of football none of our sports teams are more than adequate much less elite. What is the standard. We are behind many other sec teams in every sport and Texas and Oklahoma are yet to be counted. Who is accountable for this lack of dominance in other sports. Perhaps the buck stops with the athletic director. The job includes so much more than just propping up the football program. What thinks the board.
Reactions: Athens is Heaven

NEW STORY Georgia makes impression on Rivals100 DB Jorden Edmonds: 'It was top-notch’

Sprayberry High product Jorden Edmonds loved everything about his first visit to Georgia.

"It was my first visit to Georgia. The facilities are amazing. It was top-notch."
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT