ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Early research on COVID-19 and blood types

Which type am I, OP?
Z? :D
O+ here.
giphy.gif

I think Fox News has proved themselves a pretty unreliable source of information on COVID-19. I'd take anything from them with a huge grain of salt.
How so? For reporting research? They're not confirming anything here, just reporting on some research.
Has Fox News reported something that goes against the CDC? Serious question. We're being flooded with reports and I've seen lots of news from different sources so I may have missed what you're referring to.

I think Laura Ingraham tweeted out just a few days ago, that if you aren't old there has never been a better time to travel. Great folks over there.
Hannity, Ingraham, and Carlson are political contributors, not news journalists/broadcasters. I’m paying attention to the news updates provided on the broadcasts.

Hannity, Ingraham, and Carlson are political contributors, not news journalists/broadcasters. I’m paying attention to the news updates provided on the broadcasts.
The news is different over there to an extent. But I've seen viewers call for the firing of Smith (left), Wallace, and Cavuto for not towing the evening talking head line.

The news is different over there to an extent. But I've seen viewers call for the firing of Smith (left), Wallace, and Cavuto for not towing the evening talking head line.
That’s a start.

Go to CNN or MSNBC. Everything there is 100% spot on truth. They never stretch the truth.
They do at times, but they were right on this. As I've said before, most of what they were reporting was from the experts on infectious disease. If you ask deniers claiming it is the flu, what experts do they have saying that? they never give any. Except Dr. Drew and Hannity.

Just like I’m sure everyone “makes the distinction “ that CNN is fake news.
What are you even talking about? I don’t care about your personal biases against those networks—we’re talking about how Fox News completely blew the coverage on Coronavirus, which they did. I’m sorry if that’s hard to admit for you.

What are you even talking about? I don’t care about your personal biases against those networks—we’re talking about how Fox News completely blew the coverage on Coronavirus, which they did. I’m sorry if that’s hard to admit for you.
Hell, they pretty much are admitting they did.

Geraldo did say if you can hold your breath for 10 sec, you don't have the corona virus. So, there is that.

Reactions: GDawg
I think Fox News has proved themselves a pretty unreliable source of information on COVID-19. I'd take anything from them with a huge grain of salt.
Not trying to defend Faux News, but just about everyone had this wrong a month or so ago. The W. H. O. said it was just a moderate global risk. The Governor of New York was telling people just last week to go enjoy themselves at restaurants and bars. I’m sure we can all see how quickly things are changing in our own lives with emails being sent daily from our jobs that seem to contradict themselves.

I hate how some on both sides are politicizing this thing as it’s not helpful at all. I’m sure we can find tweets or quotes from both donkeys and elephants over the last six weeks that look almost criminal today. Let’s quit with the politics on this. It’s ridiculous

Not trying to defend Faux News, but just about everyone had this wrong a month or so ago. The W. H. O. said it was just a moderate global risk. The Governor of New York was telling people just last week to go enjoy themselves at restaurants and bars. I’m sure we can all see how quickly things are changing in our own lives with emails being sent daily from our jobs that seem to contradict themselves.

I hate how some on both sides are politicizing this thing as it’s not helpful at all. I’m sure we can find tweets or quotes from both donkeys and elephants over the last six weeks that look almost criminal today. Let’s quit with the politics on this. It’s ridiculous
Definitely--I think very few of us were taking this as seriously as we should have (myself included). But Fox has actively been saying that the media is blowing this up for no reason (except to attack Trump, somehow); they were completely in a league of their own.

Reactions: Stephenrein
This verdamt “Bat Flu” is a game changer for humanity.

Definitely--I think very few of us were taking this as seriously as we should have (myself included). But Fox has actively been saying that the media is blowing this up for no reason (except to attack Trump, somehow); they were completely in a league of their own.

it is a difficult time now. I am a trump supporter but don’t discuss that outside of close friends. I feel certain if I showed public support a sucker punch would land from behind. The media outside of fox is, i my opinion,over the top trying to make trump look bad. They have created an environment that he feels he must get his side out. The media has no credibility with me on anything. There is no such thing as objective journalism and that is a huge problem in a crisis like this

1) don't get this thread nukes because of politics, this is interesting.

2) tons of outlets have this same information so who carse who is reporting it

3) honestly this is the kind of study you could replicate, replacing blood type with hair color or favorite TV show, and still get a similar result. For this to mean anything you'd have to use a lot more people, have more studies, or show a biological mechanism that would explain it. I was initially not impressed until I did some digging and found that there actually is a connection between blood type and the enzyme pathway that SARS Cov 2 uses to infect cells. Cool stuff for sure.

Take away is, if you are blood type A, B, AB, or O, you need to follow CDC recommendations.

Edit: links for those interested

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8647229/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24803075/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23937567/

Last edited:
Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
it is a difficult time now. I am a trump supporter but don’t discuss that outside of close friends. I feel certain if I showed public support a sucker punch would land from behind. The media outside of fox is, i my opinion,over the top trying to make trump look bad. They have created an environment that he feels he must get his side out. The media has no credibility with me on anything. There is no such thing as objective journalism and that is a huge problem in a crisis like this

yep they have zero credibility.. the media is using china's talking points which isn't a surprise .. their hatred for POTUS is clear which has been on display for almost 4 years and unfortunately affects any coverage which has been quite bad regarding this.. when Trump did the ban of travel from China he was called all types of names and saying how it was an overreaction. It doesn't matter what this administration does they are attacked from the media. "objective" journalism hasn't been the case for a while.. (btw man if you have a chance watch the new movie on Richard Jewell by Clint Eastwood).

Last edited:
Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT